HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Does age Matter?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
Komaeda Nagito
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Server : IE
Male Posts : 1320

PostSubject: Does age Matter?   Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

I had about 4 people talking about if Age matters when running a IT Server the other day and wanted to see your thoughts on it.

Does age matter?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
mac

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:55 pm

Aq wrote:
Tattoo wrote:
Its a yes and no for me.

No, because if youre mature enough and can fully think out big decisions with rational facts then it shouldnt be an issue.

Yes, because you still have yet to learn some things.

Like, someone I know just left their server because the community got too big for them.
But turned around and made another server.

When I confronted them they replied "at least this new community wont be big until I'm older so ill be able to handle bigger problems"

Tat, she left because of pressure etc. Not because of the community being too big.
No offense at all, but can you please stop using the server you "ranted" about as your default explenations?

*flails*
Stop bringing that up, it'll just cause MORE problems. She just used it as an example for a real life experience.
And this topic is about age, not what Tat said.

Both of them haven't said anything more about it and by posting that message, you're just beating a dead horse.
Back to top Go down
ThylaSteve

Game username : Steve
Server : It's a secret (for now)
Male Posts : 129

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:18 pm

Probably not. Most people lie about their age.
Back to top Go down
GlaciaTheWolf
®
®

Game username : Glacia, GlaciaIceWolf, GlaciaTheWolf
Server : DD (member) Wolf soul (member)
Female Posts : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:22 pm

I think it does and doesn't. Like Draak stated, most young teens arnt mature enough, but some are, i started on IT servers at 16, and i was not as mature as i am now, when i first started, i used to always want items, wanna be staff, etc. but now that im 18, ive grown out of that and is alot more mature now.

Other people can mature faster then i did.
Back to top Go down
ShadedHearts

Game username : Emeraldkitty or ShadedHearts
Female Posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Fri Aug 15, 2014 6:05 pm

Spottedlion10 wrote:
Classique wrote:
Hamilton wrote:
In my experience, 2 truths scream at me.

You can claim to be as  mature as you like, but the younger you are when making that claim, the more likely you are to be incredibly stuck-up.

And no matter how many people tell me someone older is immature, they tend to be the most relate-able and pleasing to work with.

I would rather work around someone who was relate-able, instead of some-one who was stuck-up.

Age matters.

You kiddies who sneak around behind your parents backs? How is that supposed to make me trust you with anything?

No thank-you.

under 16? go friggin play outside. It is friggin beautiful out there. No excuses. Play in the god-danged rain for crying out loud! News-flash: IT WON'T KILL YOU.

Had I realized and took advice like that I think I'd be a more productive individual. Moderation is key. The more stuck you are on the computer the more immature you'll see people get because they've lost the social skills to really adequately understand situations.

I'll be the first to admit that this can consume you (but I've been consumed by other games before) and taking a thing of fresh air is also good for a server and staff. The more everyone sticks in each others faces the ruder they get regardless of age. What I feel more is an age gap between those of us that are 20+ and talking to kids in their teens. It's incredibly frustrating to deal with the stuck-up kids and work with them. In my experience it made me so entirely frustrated I didn't want to fuck with "little" children in my eyes. I became stuck-up because everyone around me IS stuck-up.

So I agree. To every degree the age is a huge factor because of experience in social situations. But even us old folk can be immature.

I agree to all of this. I have heard about these arguments from 13 and younger IT users and they have always asked me, "Is this a 13+ server?" I always say yes because I am unsure, plus Most servers are.

Most people tell me that IT servers are created by 20 and up users for 13 and under users to play...

THAT IS A LIE.

There are 15 year olds who are just genius and know how to code. And there are members to those servers who are 21 and above.

So nobody can say that about the creators and the users.

Anyway, age matters for maturity and for social standards.
Im 12 and im making my own game with a few of my other friends!
Back to top Go down
milkynova

Female Posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:32 pm

For me, it really depends on the personality of the person, not their age. Heck, my sister is 9 years and she's mature ._.
Back to top Go down
http://xysii.deviantart.com
jengatower

Game username : jengatower
Female Posts : 16

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:16 am

I honestly find it pretty unrealistic for a 10 year old to be running a server by themselves, or with other kids around/at their age. But, as long as they have full responsibility, then yes, age doesn't mater in that sense.

Oh and hi KITO. This is my first post. lmao
Back to top Go down
FeildMarshallWolf

Game username : FieldMarshallW
Server : ...
Female Posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:22 pm

I'm pretty sure age doesn't need too matter. I'm only 12 and I'm making a I.T. server already! Mine's not going too have a age limit at all because I think it's just plain unfair why people have too be a teen in order too play. And it's saddening when others freak out over the fact that I am 12 and I am "Not allowed too play" on their server. But the ones they need too handle is the immature ones, ones who don't follow the rules..

This is just my opinion though, nothing too be freaking out over silent
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   

Back to top Go down

Does age Matter?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Server-Related-
Jump to: