HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 
 

 Does age Matter?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Komaeda Nagito
Very Helpful
Very Helpful
avatar

Server : IE
Male Posts : 1320
Join date : 2011-12-25
Age : 25
Location : KY

PostSubject: Does age Matter?   Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

I had about 4 people talking about if Age matters when running a IT Server the other day and wanted to see your thoughts on it.

Does age matter?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Delete me.
Coder
Coder


Posts : 353
Join date : 2011-07-25

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:31 pm

That's the thing Fagonstar.
I think we (the people around age 13) try to put up servers to show that we /can/ run them just as well as anyone. So that does make it partially for the title and power, yes.

(@Obey; I was 13 a few weeks ago, so I don't know if what I'm saying counts for that... xD)
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist

™
avatar

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Server : Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 514
Join date : 2012-09-07
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:48 pm

xRubyx wrote:
(@Obey; I was 13 a few weeks ago, so I don't know if what I'm saying counts for that... xD)

Wait...you said at the bottom of your earlier post that you are 14. So, just to clear things up because I'm really tired and need sleep, did you turn 14 those few weeks ago? *is confused*

And I think that what everybody is saying on this thread counts. It is about our thoughts and opinions after all. XD
Back to top Go down
http://dragonsden.freeforums.net
Draak
Texture Artist
Texture Artist
avatar

Game username : Draak
Female Posts : 681
Join date : 2011-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:09 pm

8U...I thought Ruby was older than that from what I saw on IE.
Back to top Go down
Komaeda Nagito
Very Helpful
Very Helpful
avatar

Server : IE
Male Posts : 1320
Join date : 2011-12-25
Age : 25
Location : KY

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:25 pm

Draak wrote:
8U...I thought Ruby was older than that from what I saw on IE.

Heck no LOL I thought she was at least my age at first LOL
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist

™
avatar

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Server : Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 514
Join date : 2012-09-07
Location : Australia

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:47 pm

There, see! Maturity, not age. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://dragonsden.freeforums.net
Slycan



Game username : Sly
Server : KITO
Female Posts : 1198
Join date : 2011-07-25
Age : 27

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Mon Nov 26, 2012 5:44 pm

Young, dumb , and full of.... stolen content
;3
Back to top Go down
Delete me.
Coder
Coder


Male Posts : 353
Join date : 2011-07-25
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:38 pm

ObeyTheFist wrote:
Wait...you said at the bottom of your earlier post that you are 14. So, just to clear things up because I'm really tired and need sleep, did you turn 14 those few weeks ago? *is confused*

Yes, I turned 14 recently.

Slycan wrote:
Young, dumb , and full of.... stolen content
;3
Wait, me? xD
Back to top Go down
Meadowstar

avatar

Game username : Meadowstar (or sometimes Meadowstar01)
Female Posts : 1167
Join date : 2012-06-22
Age : 18
Location : Texas

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:51 pm

xRubyx wrote:


Slycan wrote:
Young, dumb , and full of.... stolen content
;3
Wait, me? xD

I think Slycan was actually referring to KOS. This may be off-topic, but I seriously still hope that none of what happened back in KOS, will ever happen again. That was fricking ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
Delete me.
Coder
Coder


Male Posts : 353
Join date : 2011-07-25
Age : 22

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:28 pm

Meadowstar wrote:

I think Slycan was actually referring to KOS. This may be off-topic, but I seriously still hope that none of what happened back in KOS, will ever happen again. That was fricking ridiculous.

I see..
Another server actually has it too...lol
Back to top Go down
Ashbreeze

avatar

Game username : Ashbreeze
Server : DragonVale (Admin)
Female Posts : 30
Join date : 2012-11-07
Location : United Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:10 am

I don't believe age does matter.

If they are mature and know what they are doing then it's fine. However, if they are the complete opposite.. Then, you have a walking nightmare situation on your paws.

Yes, younger users have school and homework and crap like that, but it doesn't consume their life, they do have some free time.
Back to top Go down
Virus.

avatar

Game username : Virus
Server : Final Tale
Female Posts : 89
Join date : 2013-01-29
Age : 20
Location : The TARDIS

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Sat Feb 09, 2013 2:35 pm

I'm 15, and I'm mostly immature 24/7.
But when it comes down to a real serious situation, something that is bound to narrow down to the fate of any servers, then that's when I serious the fuck up.
I'm on neither side for this one. I think age doesn't matter, as long as you are mature in serious situations, but also- like Ashbreeze stated- some younger people have homework and school assignments, etc. But like myself, I take part of that time away from school to check and see how my server is doing.
I don't want to neglect school, no, but I think both of them are pretty important to my life at the moment.
But, I am on nobody's side. So I won't go and say anything else.
Back to top Go down
Jayx

avatar

Game username : Jayx
Server : Royal Elements
Female Posts : 340
Join date : 2012-03-19
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:59 pm

Exactly like Virus said, since I am of young age. I take of school business, then I go on the internet and check up on the server afterwards. Plus some were saying that, to go out side and such instead of this. I do have a social life and I hang out with friends and talk to them quite often.

Plus I'd like to believe I'm a pretty fun person and easy to work with, though it takes some extra explaining (I'm not the brightest of people at understanding), I do and will take things seriously if a situation comes up.

It's alright if no one believes me, not like you're going to make me stop progressing with it or anything lmao.
Back to top Go down
Dead Stars

avatar

Game username : DyingStar
Server : Dragon heart and Dragon heart 2 (being made)
Female Posts : 292
Join date : 2013-01-30
Age : 19
Location : Knoxville, TN

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:14 pm

I'm 15, pretty mature but not that much, I have NEVER stolen content from another IT server, I play by the rules you could say.

What I'm saying is that AGE doesn't matter. If you know what the rules are and you follow them, and you stick up for others, And when it comes to a server, being mature, respecting others and other servers' stuff, and having fun.
That is what makes a good Admin.
Back to top Go down
Maniac

avatar

Game username : Maniac
Server : Owner Of SOE
Male Posts : 25
Join date : 2013-02-18
Location : Handbasket

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Wed Feb 20, 2013 4:31 am

Theres a good chance that someone older has had more experience in handling different situations in life and can apply that to the difficulties of running a server.
Yet having said that Im still the first to say that you need to take each individual on their own merits and not make it simply an age thing. I hire onto mai team with a base age in place but have more than once been pleasantly surprised by the presence and talent of someone under the suggested age and have gone ahead to hire them. It gives the SOE team a good balance of age experience and talent creativity that makes us a successful server group.
However on the same note I have seen more than one server go down for the main reason of the admin running it being too young to handle the stress situations, time constraints and demands and the team needs that all come with managing a server.
End of day it just had taught mei to not judge any person by basic info but to rather take the time to get a more in depth idea of them before i discard for facts such as age etc.
Back to top Go down
Alphamale

avatar

Game username : Alphamale
Server : Moon Howler Pack
Male Posts : 134
Join date : 2012-02-18
Age : 21
Location : San Francisco, California

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:30 pm

Yes it doesn't matter , As long as you are not get annoyed by those immature kids .

*everyday im facepalming*
Back to top Go down
http://www.howlfullmoon.forumms.net
Maniac

avatar

Game username : Maniac
Server : Owner Of SOE
Male Posts : 25
Join date : 2013-02-18
Location : Handbasket

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:43 pm

lol ikr...i have those moments too.
Back to top Go down
TheFourLinks



Game username : TheFourLinks
Server : Last Moon
Male Posts : 19
Join date : 2013-07-20
Age : 18
Location : ...Narnia. :I

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:36 am

Hamilton wrote:
In my experience, 2 truths scream at me.

You can claim to be as  mature as you like, but the younger you are when making that claim, the more likely you are to be incredibly stuck-up.

And no matter how many people tell me someone older is immature, they tend to be the most relate-able and pleasing to work with.


I would rather work around someone who was relate-able, instead of some-one who was stuck-up.

Age matters.

You kiddies who sneak around behind your parents backs? How is that supposed to make me trust you with anything?

No thank-you.

under 16? go friggin play outside. It is friggin beautiful out there. No excuses. Play in the god-danged rain for crying out loud! News-flash: IT WON'T KILL YOU.
Ahem. Maybe some people are sick all the time and /can't/ play outside and need to be stuck inside all day? -Me.- This is quite offensive, some younger people are much more mature than 17 year olds, and it ticks me off how some people think they are better just because they are older. I know an 8 year old more mature than a 17 year old. Age does NOT equal maturity. You do not MAGICALLY become 'mature' when you reach a specific age. Take Hugrf and SilvaMcDerpster from Moonrise, for example, they are much more mature than many 18 year olds I've seen, yet they aren't even 13 yet!

Age does not matter, and these 'older' people need to stop being so stuck up and stop pretending they are better just because they are older.

I have the RIGHT to be on the internet, even if I'm 14 and not 16 yet. Don't tell me I can't get on the internet.
Back to top Go down
FagonStar

avatar

Game username : FagonStar
Server : Impressive Whatchamacallit
Female Posts : 1060
Join date : 2011-09-20
Location : In your closet.

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:46 am

TheFourLinks wrote:
Hamilton wrote:
In my experience, 2 truths scream at me.

You can claim to be as  mature as you like, but the younger you are when making that claim, the more likely you are to be incredibly stuck-up.

And no matter how many people tell me someone older is immature, they tend to be the most relate-able and pleasing to work with.


I would rather work around someone who was relate-able, instead of some-one who was stuck-up.

Age matters.

You kiddies who sneak around behind your parents backs? How is that supposed to make me trust you with anything?

No thank-you.

under 16? go friggin play outside. It is friggin beautiful out there. No excuses. Play in the god-danged rain for crying out loud! News-flash: IT WON'T KILL YOU.
Ahem. Maybe some people are sick all the time and /can't/ play outside and need to be stuck inside all day? -Me.- This is quite offensive, some younger people are much more mature than 17 year olds, and it ticks me off how some people think they are better just because they are older. I know an 8 year old more mature than a 17 year old. Age does NOT equal maturity. You do not MAGICALLY become 'mature' when you reach a specific age. Take Hugrf and SilvaMcDerpster from Moonrise, for example, they are much more mature than many 18 year olds I've seen, yet they aren't even 13 yet!

Age does not matter, and these 'older' people need to stop being so stuck up and stop pretending they are better just because they are older.

I have the RIGHT to be on the internet, even if I'm 14 and not 16 yet. Don't tell me I can't get on the internet.
I know this discussion is kinda old, but this... this is beautiful. ;u;
Back to top Go down
Jayx

avatar

Game username : Jayx
Server : Royal Elements
Female Posts : 340
Join date : 2012-03-19
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:53 am

I realize that this is old as well, but it's a discussion yes?

Age matters in some cases to be honest, with more mature users on a server posting things that are really "only to be seen" by people who may be older, that I could understand.

What I don't understand is how "we should be outside" well, I've never been one for the outdoors. I like my internet and what I do on it. It's kind of what I want to do in the future, computers, technology and that kind of stuff. Giving it a head start if you understand what I mean.
Though if you were really interested in telling us that we should still be outside if everything I just said was true and you understood. I do, do other things outside thank you very much. My free time away from sports and activities is spent here I don't see the issue with that. :3

I'm sorry if someone has already spoken about this or whatever, I didn't read every single post here and just went by what the main topic's discussion was about.
Back to top Go down
TheFourLinks



Game username : TheFourLinks
Server : Last Moon
Male Posts : 19
Join date : 2013-07-20
Age : 18
Location : ...Narnia. :I

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:10 am

I just hate it when people think they are so much better than other just because they are 'older'. It's stupid. Not everyone CAN go outside and 'play'. Like me and my cousin. We're sick all the time, so we can't go out and play like normal kids. The internet is all we CAN do. ewe

Age doesn't make you more mature. I have seen TWENTY YEAR OLDS yelling, "I POOPIED MY PANTS!!!!" and running around in a diaper. I am NOT joking. I'm serious. Age =/= maturity.

"You can claim to be as mature as you like, but the younger you are when making that claim, the more likely you are to be incredibly stuck-up."

Pfft. I beg to differ. I am not stuck up. My brother is not stuck up. My cousin is DEFINITELY not stuck up.

"You kiddies who sneak around behind your parents backs? How is that supposed to make me trust you with anything?"

Ahem. You wanna know something? Being on the internet doesn't mean I'm 'sneaking behind my parents' backs.' I don't even HAVE parents, so how could I possibly be 'sneaking behind my parents' backs'? Oh, and 14 year olds are not considered 'kiddies'. It's called a teenager.

"under 16? go friggin play outside. It is friggin beautiful out there. No excuses. Play in the god-danged rain for crying out loud! News-flash: IT WON'T KILL YOU."

No excuses, huh? I stress my point again. Some people are chronically ill and cannot go outside often and 'play'. And playing and the rain CAN in fact kill you. Ya wanna catch Pneumonia? NEWS FLASH: Pneumonia can kill you. I lost my grandfather to pneumonia.

Point is. Not everyone can just 'go outside and play'. Not all people under 16 are 'immature, whiny little brats' like you seem to think.


Back to top Go down
Mersu

avatar

Game username : Mersu(lla)
Server : Impressive Elements
Female Posts : 9
Join date : 2012-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:08 pm

Alrighty. Old discussion but I shall clear my opinion.
I agree with TheFourLinks mostly in this case. Being older does not make you better.
There are mature teens, there are immature teens, there are mature adults, there are immature adults. That's it.
You cannot judge a person by their age, get to know them before making conclusions.
Back to top Go down
Dead Account

avatar

Male Posts : 531
Join date : 2013-06-17

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:39 pm

I know this is an old thread, but Hamilton. Take Ruby for an example.
She's 14 (Under 16 like you said) although she's a boss at making stuff and she's extremely talented.
Compare that to what you just said.
I honestly think it doesn't matter, because some people I know are like 12-13 and they can make freaking cool models.
It doesn't have to be an exact age limit.
(I'm 19 and I suck at everything.. :>)
Back to top Go down
TheFourLinks



Game username : TheFourLinks
Server : Last Moon
Male Posts : 19
Join date : 2013-07-20
Age : 18
Location : ...Narnia. :I

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:59 pm

I know an 8 year old who can efficiently rig, model, animate, and draw extremely well. She is very calm and collected, and pretty much acts like a 19 year old in maturity. Take that, Hamilton. >U
Back to top Go down
Jayx

avatar

Game username : Jayx
Server : Royal Elements
Female Posts : 340
Join date : 2012-03-19
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:34 pm

I don't think we need to make this a "shove it in their face" discussion, but yes I can agree.
Back to top Go down
Hamilton

avatar

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 380
Join date : 2011-10-20
Age : 31
Location : everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:32 pm

This thread and that post were made before many of you joined the forum. And the persons alluded to in it have since left.


While I can't say I had no intention of raising stink before, my opinion is unchanged.

"going behind parents backs" had NOTHING to do with being on the internet (nor was the term 'parents' used to stickily mean 'parents' and if you'd rather 'guardians' then fine) it had EVERYTHING to do with a specific younger potential server owner who, /AT THE TIME/, was attempting to get into their pare--guardians router and downloading certain pieces of software without permissions.


Rain doesn't cause pneumonia. By that logic, you risk catching it every time you run in the sprinklers or jump in a pool. I'm sorry for your loss, but http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumonia


I really don't see why I should even be defending myself here. One look around the rest of the forum and I see younger players fly off the handle at every little thing. Oh surprise, another thief was found, too. aannnd then cursed out at..


Those of you suddenly crying blood-lust over me? Have a cool-down and re-read your posts. You know what I see? I bunch of KIDS (yes, kids. I don't care about semantics) who got a little peeved at an OLD post made nearly a YEAR ago. And instead of being 'mature' or 'the bigger person' and moving on, you all jumped in to NECRO a thread and try to argue it out.

Sling all the mud you want. I didn't outright attack any single person. My opinion remains unchanged.


This right here. This is why I've tried keeping my head out of KITO anymore. You jump into a tirade over every little thing and ostracize people on a whim. This, this isn't maturity.
Back to top Go down
Komaeda Nagito
Very Helpful
Very Helpful
avatar

Server : IE
Male Posts : 1320
Join date : 2011-12-25
Age : 25
Location : KY

PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:38 pm

Hamilton wrote:
This thread and that post were made before many of you joined the forum. And the persons alluded to in it have since left.


While I can't say I had no intention of raising stink before, my opinion is unchanged.

"going behind parents backs" had NOTHING to do with being on the internet (nor was the term 'parents' used to stickily mean 'parents' and if you'd rather 'guardians' then fine) it had EVERYTHING to do with a specific younger potential server owner who, /AT THE TIME/, was attempting to get into their pare--guardians router and downloading certain pieces of software without permissions.


Rain doesn't cause pneumonia. By that logic, you risk catching it every time you run in the sprinklers or jump in a pool. I'm sorry for your loss, but http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pneumonia


I really don't see why I should even be defending myself here. One look around the rest of the forum and I see younger players fly off the handle at every little thing. Oh surprise, another thief was found, too. aannnd then cursed out at..


Those of you suddenly crying blood-lust over me? Have a cool-down and re-read your posts. You know what I see? I bunch of KIDS (yes, kids. I don't care about semantics) who got a little peeved at an OLD post made nearly a YEAR ago. And instead of being 'mature' or 'the bigger person' and moving on, you all jumped in to NECRO a thread and try to argue it out.

Sling all the mud you want. I didn't outright attack any single person. My opinion remains unchanged.


This right here. This is why I've tried keeping my head out of KITO anymore. You jump into a tirade over every little thing and ostracize people on a whim.  This, this isn't maturity.
^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Does age Matter?   

Back to top Go down
 
Does age Matter?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Server-Related-
Jump to: