HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Planned Items Package for All Popular/Active Servers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
ShadoWolfozo

Game username : ShadoWolfozo
Server : GROWL: Spirits
Male Posts : 875

PostPlanned Items Package for All Popular/Active Servers

With 70% of my items being released to the public, other meshers doing similar, unless a server has an actual Design Team who can mesh items, most servers have almost identical items - and it's sad when you expect something different and get the same game but with different colours.

So since, publicly, I'm one of 6 meshers who are supplying items freely (the others being ; Catbird, Slycan, Osire, Hamilton and Nowe) I'm going to make small item packages, each package unique, and send private links to server administrators for free use on their servers.
They will contain themed items and a few packages may also contain Map-Objects that also follow the theme.

Rules are simple;
  1. you don't provide the link to anyone without my permission
  2. The package was made for your server, meaning don't hand it out! It's unique!
  3. members, keep your filthy hands off server stuff. No touchy D:<
  4. You can re-texture all you like once I've given them to you
  5. No modifying the mesh. - If the item doesn't fit on your server you've modified a player skeleton. All items are tested on my server Realm of Shadows (New Run Cycle installed) so they should work fine.

What's in the package?
Each 'Package' will contain 5-10 items (sometimes more if the items are simple variants).
Each package will have a theme and when they are done, a PM will be sent to all server admins. Whoever sends me back a theme first will get said package, and so on until all packages are claimed.
-Any left over go to Realm of Shadows.

Who's eligible?
Only servers;
  • With an active forum AND game (already open to the public)
  • With at least 50 Active members (a member count of 50 does not mean they are active.)
  • With a secure host (no point giving you the package if you're server is gonna fail because you don't have a host)
  • Who are on this list: http://www.kitopen.com/t45-list-of-online-impressive-title-servers

Which servers are chosen?

1. Realm of Shadows (because they are my items I do have rights to use any in my game however not all of them will be added.)
  2. Dragon's Den
  3. Impressive World
  4. Royal Skies

5. If you'd like to have your server in the line up for a free package please PM me and make sure you're server fulfills the requirements.
    Note: SoE is not included because... well I figure they are doing fine on their own Wink

What kind of items should we expect?
That's an excellent question.

Very Happy

How many different packages are being made?
For now, 5. Everyone additional server added to the list means 1 more package made. (there are two spares so servers have a choice, even if they're the last to choose).

Are there any rules to choosing a package?
For CHOOSING a package, no. However if two servers want the same package (given they sent me PM's around the same time so I hadn't sent either the package yet) I'll both look at the theme of the server and package combination as well as consulting both admins until an agreement is settled.

You don't get to see what is in the package until you receive it. Once you receive it, you can't opt for another one because you don't like what was included.

All other rules are listed at the top of the post.

Can I know what themes the packages will be?
No :3

When do I expect the packages to be finished and handed out?
Eh... not anytime soon. It's a lot of items and you're getting them for free so be patient.
Just know they're on their way.

P.S. Commissions and anything agreed on prior to this comes first so be patient Wink
P.P.S. If these suddenly get cancelled I'll provide a good reason. Neutral

Stages:
Not Started
Concept Stage
Meshing Stage (covers modelling, texturing, rigging. Since I'm probably not going to mesh them all then texture them all in order, they're just stuck with this title instead (saves confusion).)
Coding (fixing mat files, items.cfg etc.)
Finished (Zipped and ready to be sent - no package will be given away until ALL packages are finished)
Taken (a server has already claimed it)

Package 1
Concept Stage

Package 2
Concept Stage

Package 3
Concept Stage

Package 4
Concept Stage

Package 5
Concept Stage

Last edited by ShadoWolfozo on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Planned Items Package for All Popular/Active Servers :: Comments

Re: Planned Items Package for All Popular/Active Servers
Post on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:04 am by Catbird
Oooh Shad this is a wonderful idea! /clapclap for origiinality

Im sure all the servers (RS included) will greaatly appreciate your generosity in supplying some very nice free items..

MINIONS GIVE SHADOW SOME LOVE. NOW. D<

<3
Post on Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:11 am by ShadoWolfozo
Haha, I thought it was a good idea. Discussed it briefly with Lazyzim and we both thought it was great so now that I have the time I will be stuck into them once my already arranged items for Lazyzim, Kinsmate and Kenta are finished :3

Glad you like it.
Post on Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:40 am by lazyzim
ShadoWolfozo wrote:
Haha, I thought it was a good idea. Discussed it briefly with Lazyzim and we both thought it was great so now that I have the time I will be stuck into them once my already arranged items for Lazyzim, Kinsmate and Kenta are finished :3

Glad you like it.

Yes an awesome idea.
We are very lucky to have ShadoWolfozo doing this for us.
Anyway Dragon's Den Version 2 is all ready for release (God Help Us) so
once we get the item package, hold onto your skirts because we hope to
blow you all away.

~Lazyzim~
Post on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:03 am by ShadoWolfozo
So I've got the concept ideas done (what will be in each package)

Planning:
Package 1 has 4 unique items

Package 2 has 4 unique items

Package 3 has 4 unique items

Package 4 has 3 unique items

Package 5 has 4 unique items

If that made sense congratulations you can understand shadowisnowtiredaftermodellingspeak XD

EDIT: those numbers could change at any time.

Last edited by ShadoWolfozo on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Post on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:39 am by Slycan
If you feel it's fair for servers to not have to invest into having more original content on such a rightful display of talent,by means of doing more work to keep originality in servers than the leaders of such servers are willing to put for hire, ultimately changing a commission worth of labor into a freebie exchange due to lack of said 'Design Teams' which most servers that plan on no longer calling themselves "Another Impressive Title" should lean towards having instead of induced to what seems to be this thread of a humble unpaid talented modeler..; more power to you and good luck (:
Post on Sat Nov 10, 2012 11:05 am by ShadoWolfozo
Slycan wrote:
If you feel it's fair for servers to not have to invest into having more original content on such a rightful display of talent,by means of doing more work to keep originality in servers than the leaders of such servers are willing to put for hire, ultimately changing a commission worth of labor into a freebie exchange due to lack of said 'Design Teams' which most servers that plan on no longer calling themselves "Another Impressive Title" should lean towards having instead of induced to what seems to be this thread of a humble unpaid talented modeler..; more power to you and good luck (:

As I mentioned in our Skype Chat this is the last lot of freebie items I'm giving away. Due to obvious reasons of I'm literally not getting anything out of it except building a portfolio and gaining experience.

I feel bad for all the servers out there with no one to help build it but it's not why I'm doing this. This is my last line of free items and I wanted them unique for each server, kind of like a "goodbye free items" thing, if you will.

But thank you Slycan for your input.
I have earned a spot in the IT community as a mesher and I'm proud of that.
Hopefully I can make something of it.
Post on Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:36 pm by ShadoWolfozo
Since this is technically a Blog I'm assuming Double Posting rules for the OP don't exist? :3

So many things you can do with spikes.
Hint? :3
Post on Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:16 pm by RedEye
I don't care much about double posts. :3
Post on Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:24 am by ShadoWolfozo
Due to unforeseen events this has been cancelled until further notice.
Sorry guys.
Post on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:21 am by Komaeda Nagito
ShadoWolfozo wrote:
Sorry guys.

This looks like its going to be a LOT of work just don't stress yourself out over it. Meanwhile the lazy butts can go read your item tutorial XD
Post on Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:34 pm by ShadoWolfozo
Eyes Rutherford wrote:
ShadoWolfozo wrote:
Sorry guys.

This looks like its going to be a LOT of work just don't stress yourself out over it. Meanwhile the lazy butts can go read your item tutorial XD

Me and Slycan have been talking after I took interest in her Prey/Pet Auctions.
I'll will be making a couple of items and auction them off in a similar way so people are still getting items but it's 1 item at a time instead of 6 packages.

Lol, yeah XD

Planned Items Package for All Popular/Active Servers

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: Blog Pages :: Meshers blog pages-
Jump to: