HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Item Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 380

PostSubject: Item Discussion   Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:04 pm

First topic message reminder :

I'm curious. About these items. There's no doubt, that when items first made their appearance they caused a slow decline in the number of roleplaying members while creating a huge and rapid increase in hoarding/collecting members.

I'd wager a great deal of the issues members complain about now, can be traced back to items. From general item beggars and 'lack' of roleplaying, to more serious matters like hacking. Mind you I'm sure there are other reasons to hacking, but the most common seem to be related to obtaining rarer items.

And items themselves can cause server owners a hard time just in making them. What, with the plethora of head options, and new body parts being available. Fitting items to every model is downright impossible.

So I've got some questions for you,

What upside is there to items? They seem to cause way more strife than they're worth.

Could a server survive past initial launch, if they limited or even removed items completely? Why? Why not?

No doubt it'd leave a void in the hunting area. Is there a better way to incorporate hunting without using items as an incentive?

Conversely, could a server survive past initial launch if hunting were removed but items were not? Why? Why not?

Would it negatively effect game-play to incorporate items into the character creation menu?

What are your thoughts on this mess we all affectionately call 'items'?
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Hexiin

PostSubject: Re: Item Discussion   Thu May 30, 2013 12:08 pm

@Death the Kid
Dude thats the idea I have for my server o___o
Get outta meh head xD
Back to top Go down
CryKlawz

Game username : CryKlawz
Server : Last World
Female Posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: Item Discussion   Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:45 am

Actually, I have been thinking the same thing.
I have also been thinking about not adding items to my server to prevent hackers and encourage roleplaying.
I hardly ever see RPs on IT servers, so I thought it would be a good idea to make a server without items.
And at the same time, those who like to RP unrealistic could chose unrealistic colors on their characters,
Although I may include items such as collars and the basic realistics.
Back to top Go down
Chapawee

Game username : Chapawee
Server : IW (member), WS (member), DD (member), RS (member), SoE (member), LM (member)

PostSubject: Re: Item Discussion   Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:13 pm

Hmm...interesting topic! If items were in the customization menu and not hunting, it would start turning into a FH 2, which I'm not fond of that idea at all. I also agree that lots of issues come from items, but items are one of the biggest things IT is known for. Personally, I like things the way they are right now. I mean, working for different items is a fun and challenging aspect of the game.
Back to top Go down
Dead Account

Male Posts : 531

PostSubject: Re: Item Discussion   Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:05 am

I honestly think that people hoard items and collect them because they want people to pay more attention to them.

Aka wearing like, 4 shards, it will attract attention, and a lot of lag, ofcourse.

Also, collecting them to trade for rare items makes them think that people will crowd them and beg them to trade for items.
I honestly don't care about items that much, as far as I go is to have like 4 items in my stash, bracelets, necklaces, twigs, etc.

People also say it makes their characters more unique.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Item Discussion   

Back to top Go down

Item Discussion
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Server-Related-
Jump to: