HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

[SOLVED] Animations do not play correctly after export from Blender

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
venw0lf

Game username : Venwolf
Server : Last Moon (Global Mod)
Female Posts : 107

PostSubject: [SOLVED] Animations do not play correctly after export from Blender   Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:37 pm

I have looked through Search for a solution and was unable to find a result.

Using Misspinkers tutroial on prey rigging, found here, I rigged my bear model to the zebra skeleton found in the OIT blends.

Everything works great in Blender. I modified the skeleton to fit my bear model, and changed many parts of the animations so that things wouldn't look glitchy.

When I export it, I get a huge chunk of messages in the Export window that say "Warning: Vertex with more than 4 bone assignments!" however this doesn't stop the export from occuring.

Then, when I open the exported model in OgreMeshy, all the animations are messed up. As soon as I press Play, my model becomes contorted and nothing like its appearance in Blender.

Every other animated model I've created has been made the same way as this one and those have no issues.

Please give me some help if you know a solution! I can provide the files if anyone would like to take a look.

Last edited by venw0lf on Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 379

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Animations do not play correctly after export from Blender   Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:55 pm

Looks like you may have forgot to set rotation and scale to object. In Blender, select only the mesh and have 'object mode' on. Hit "ctrl" + "A" at the same time to trigger a pop-up menu. Choose option "set rotation/scale to object". Re-select everything as you normally would for exporting and hit the "update" button on the exporter script. Re-export the mesh and skeleton.
Back to top Go down
venw0lf

Game username : Venwolf
Server : Last Moon (Global Mod)
Female Posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Animations do not play correctly after export from Blender   Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:10 pm

My gosh, I knew I forgot something!
Thank you SO much Hammy, works perfect now!

This thread can be moved to Solved
Back to top Go down

[SOLVED] Animations do not play correctly after export from Blender
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support :: Solved Support Issues-
Jump to: