HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

what are your inspirations for things?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
zin

Game username : zinnia
Server : onibi project

PostSubject: what are your inspirations for things?   Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:19 am

this is always something thats fun to ask in anything dev-related :0!!

what are your inspirations for art/modeling/mapping/aesthetics/whatever in general ?

big ones for me are animal crossing and especially mysims !!they have a really bright and simple cartoony style of both models and art and its. nice

mysims is like one of my oldest interests and its not that well known so heres a Guy

locationwise its been inspired alot by blade and soul which is an mmo i play.. more than id like to admit. whenever im running around ill think "haha hey i could make place like this for my thing"
Back to top Go down
GlaciaTheWolf
®
®

Game username : Glacia, GlaciaIceWolf, GlaciaTheWolf
Server : DD (member) Wolf soul (member)
Female Posts : 1001

PostSubject: Re: what are your inspirations for things?   Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:23 am

I get inspired by speed draws and speed modeling
Back to top Go down
Slain Motionless

Game username : The-Hunted
Server : Aroessa
Female Posts : 431

PostSubject: Re: what are your inspirations for things?   Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:35 am

Mainly, my inspiration comes from friends, speed drawings/models, or some of my own personal likes.
Back to top Go down
http://aroessa.proboards.com
ThylaSteve

Game username : Steve
Server : It's a secret (for now)
Male Posts : 129

PostSubject: Re: what are your inspirations for things?   Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:38 am

I tend to get inspired when i revisit nostalgic things (or old things in general). Including stuff like the "White screen of death" that I always feared. Another thing thats inspiring to me is prehistoric life. The odd and surreal youtube channel "Ratboy Genius" is especially a big inspiration for me.

Map wise, I am often inspired by real places. Especially mysterious, odd, and historical places.

I also tend to come up with ideas for things when I take walks at night.
Back to top Go down
venw0lf

Game username : Venwolf
Server : Last Moon (Global Mod)
Female Posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: what are your inspirations for things?   Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:22 pm

I get inspired by friends or things I see in nature. Sometimes staying up late at night gives me time to brainstorm cool stuff

I wouldn't say it inspires me, but seeing others work on 3d models like speedmodels and such really motivates me to work on models
Back to top Go down
Witacha
3D Modeler
3D Modeler

Game username : Witacha
Server : Land Of The Wolves(Owner)
Female Posts : 1203

PostSubject: Re: what are your inspirations for things?   Sun Feb 12, 2017 7:42 pm

Mmmm.. for 3D modeling i dont really have "inspirations" I usually follow a design that someone drew or designed for me. But as for learning to model, i of course watch speed modeling and 3D models (it can go to Low poly style to realistic ones)

As for drawings, i watch A LOT of artist on youtube,
I watch livestream as well and i draw along with my sketchbook (At the moment i'm trying to finish a sketchbook that has 95 pages !! i'm half way )

: 3

Back to top Go down
http://witacha-asukata.deviantart.com/
chevy_cheetah

Game username : chevy_cheetah(chevrolet)
Server : |~|N/A |~| Skills: Hosting, Modeling, Rigging. Age:19
Female Posts : 289

PostSubject: Re: what are your inspirations for things?   Sun Feb 12, 2017 8:22 pm

To be honest I didn't get into 3D modeling until I viewed most of Witacha's tutorials and 3D modeling technique. I always loved her modeling style. So basically witacha is one of my biggest inspirations with 3D modeling. My skills aren't as great as her's but I enjoy look at her work. I am also inspired by Hamilton's and Kino's work. All three are supportive and helpful people. And without their help I wouldn't really be where I stand. These people gave me motivation to attempt 3D modeling and I loved it ever since.

Sometimes I get inspired by listening by other things. I can gain inspiration by music or watching videos on youtube. Instrumental music helps me think and sometimes get some relaxation. So while I am relaxing I often gain idea's and think of 'what would this look like if it were a model?'. When I watch youtube videos, which are often gaming or vlogs, I can get a glimpse of what my next 3D model attempt will be. These are a few ways I get motivation.

Support is mainly my motivation. As a 3D artist/modeler inspiration comes from believing myself that I can do things and some sort of relying on support from friends or family. I have asked some of my relatives if '3D modeling is worth it?' or 'If what ever I am doing is important?' because sometimes I ask myself these questions. If a person feels like he/she is unable to do anything then he/she won't be able to get very far without believing. For example, I once read this article that explained why children should have the ability to do things themselves. It basically described reasons why children should have some sort of self-esteem and how easily it can be lowered if parents didn't allow their kids to face responsibilities such as washing dishes or doing chores by themselves. Without giving kids the opportunity to have responsibilities the self-esteem becomes lowered and he/she may not ever want to attempt doing chores or helping set up a table for dinner. He/she will have that sense that they can not do anything right. The same way as this, I am often told 'do whatever what makes you happy' and 'If you love doing it, then do it'. Just like a young kid I still need some self esteem to do what I love doing. Even though I may not get something the first time, there is always something called practice. Support by people I am close to has also helped me become inspired with modeling, or doing online gaming and stuff. Because these people helped me gain some self-esteem. Support has been much of a help and anyone who loves doing what they do can probably relate.
Back to top Go down
Witacha
3D Modeler
3D Modeler

PostSubject: Re: what are your inspirations for things?   Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:36 pm

Misspinker wrote:
To be honest I didn't get into 3D modeling until I viewed most of Witacha's tutorials and 3D modeling technique. I always loved her modeling style. So basically witacha is one of my biggest inspirations with 3D modeling. My skills aren't as great as her's but I enjoy look at her work. I am also inspired by Hamilton's and Kino's work. All three are supportive and helpful people. And without their help I wouldn't really be where I stand. These people gave me motivation to attempt 3D modeling and I loved it ever since.

: 0 ! <3

That really is touching me xD i never thought that someone would get inspired by my work! really glad you enjoy what i am doing and that it motivates you to do 3D! keep going fellow modeler ! <:
Back to top Go down
GlaciaTheWolf
®
®

Game username : Glacia, GlaciaIceWolf, GlaciaTheWolf
Server : DD (member) Wolf soul (member)
Female Posts : 1001

PostSubject: Re: what are your inspirations for things?   Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:24 pm

Witacha wrote:
Misspinker wrote:

: 0 ! <3

That really is touching me xD i never thought that someone would get inspired by my work! really glad you enjoy what i am doing and that it motivates you to do 3D! keep going fellow modeler ! <:

true for me to lol
Back to top Go down
zin

Game username : zinnia
Server : onibi project

PostSubject: Re: what are your inspirations for things?   Mon Feb 13, 2017 1:32 am

ON THAT TOPIC BC I TOTALLY FORGOT ABT NON-VIDDYGAME INSPOS

when i first got here one of the first things i saw witachas speedmodels aaa they inspired me to try and make my own !!!

and seeing all the things everyone makes is so cool because youre all so good aaaaaaa *o*
Back to top Go down
Witacha
3D Modeler
3D Modeler

PostSubject: Re: what are your inspirations for things?   Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:57 pm

I'm glad my work inspire you guys !
Back to top Go down
Veronique

Game username : TaintedRhyme,Veronique
Server : Ethereal(OWNER)
Female Posts : 84

PostSubject: Re: what are your inspirations for things?   Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:44 pm

Witacha as well inspired me as well as Misspinker and Glacia and just seeing models made me want to be able to create my own stuff. I also watched speedmodelings that also inspired me to learn to model.
Back to top Go down
KittyKylo

Game username : KittyKylo
Server : N/A
Female Posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: what are your inspirations for things?   Tue Feb 28, 2017 11:54 pm

Music, Real places and Sci-Fi, I love being able to write about the lore and make concept art. Being able to do this makes me able to expand my ideas and use them to the fullest!
Back to top Go down
http://xkittykylo.deviantart.com/
Kaidence

Game username : Jayx
Server : Blood Lust
Female Posts : 70

PostSubject: Re: what are your inspirations for things?   Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:11 am

As an artist (I sell my art - and will be going to conventions to sell them hopefully starting this year!) I find my inspiration is music. It usually gives me a little story which I map out in my head and I end up drawing something related to it.

As for pretty much everything else, I like to create stories, of magical places of great power and things haha. I also have a thing for scary, gorey, or even paranormal things so a lot of my more "mature" pieces and stories come from this liking. Movies help me create my own stories with my imagination haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what are your inspirations for things?   

Back to top Go down

what are your inspirations for things?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Server-Related-
Jump to: