HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Body Question

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheWolfLover88

Game username : TheWolfLover88
Server : Dragon Soul
Female Posts : 206

PostSubject: Body Question   Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:53 pm

I was wondering
I have seen this in many servers before

How to get the correct head to fit the right body so people don't make derpy characters
same as getting the right mane and tail to fit.

Thanks
~Storm Lily~
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist

™

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Server : Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: Body Question   Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:31 am

You pay a coder to add a special code in to let you lock body parts. :3

There's a part in the compile where it has what manes should be with what heads, but it's all backwards, so I don't recommend trying to duplicate that unless you're decent at C++.

I do know Worthis can code in such a feature for you and do it in a way that's a whole lot easier than how the manes are done.
Back to top Go down
http://dragonsden.freeforums.net
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 379

PostSubject: Re: Body Question   Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:49 am

in characterscreenmanager you find something similar to

Code:
if(partChanged=="Claw")
      {
         while(mDef->isRestricted(bodyID,clawID))
         {
            clawID += (increment?1:-1);
            if(clawID<0)clawID = mDef->maxClaw-1;
            if(clawID>=mDef->maxClaw)clawID = 0;
         }
         return;
If you haven't made any changes yet, it'll be under manes and have isRestricted(headID,maneID);
This tells the code that certain maneIDs are restricted and that the restriction is based on which headID a player has 'equipped'. (you can also restrict things outright as seen if you scroll down in your code to the tufts.)

ANYWAYS this code directly links to code that is in magixexternaldefinitions.

Code:
   bool isRestricted(const short &bodyID, const short &clawID)
   {
      if(bodyID==7 || bodyID==8)
      {
         if(clawID==1|| clawID==2 || clawID==3 || clawID==4 || clawID==6 || clawID==7 || clawID==8 || clawID==9 || clawID==11 || clawID==12 || clawID==13 || clawID==14)return true;
      }
      else if(bodyID==0 || bodyID==1 || bodyID==2 || bodyID==3 || bodyID==4 || bodyID==5 || bodyID==6)
      {
         if(clawID==16||clawID==17 || clawID==18 || clawID==19 || clawID==20 || clawID==21 || clawID==22 || clawID==23 || clawID==24)return true;
      }
      return false;

(just imagine it's heads and manes lol. i'm not using that one right now so this one is the closest i have on hand ^^;; )
Basically, this bit of code is saying "if the player has 'equipped' these certain meshes, then don't let them see these other meshes". In this example, my code is saying "if the player is wearing a griffon body, don't let them use lion claws. if the player is wearing a lion body, don't let them use the griffon claws".

While an expensive coding change can clean this up and make it a little bit more "user friendly"....it does do it's job very well once you know what it's doing. You can set just about any mesh to be restricted this way. I would just recommend having 1 central mesh. such as body or head. I don't know if it would handle to well having something like...manes restricted by heads...and then also trying to restrict the manes by body.
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist

™

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Server : Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: Body Question   Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:29 am

Very nice Hamilton. That's why I said not to bother unless you're half decent at C++. XD

It can certainly get very messy if you have multiple bodies as well, then trying to restrict tufts etc too.

If you don't want to/can't pay a coder or just want to give it a go yourself then I suggest you copy/paste all the relevant coding to a word document so you always have a nice clean copy in case things go south with it.
Back to top Go down
http://dragonsden.freeforums.net

Body Question
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support-
Jump to: