HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

draw point question

Go down 
AuthorMessage
l-lAngryGamerl-l

Game username : chevy_cheetah(chevrolet)
Server : |~|Pet Pet Pinto |~| Skills: Hosting, Modeling, Rigging. Age:19
Female Posts : 310

PostSubject: draw point question   Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:21 pm

Hello I was wondering if there was a way to change the draw point to a mesh and then animate it? I was searching through the IT Blender files for a draw point .blend file but there does not seem to be one.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Female Posts : 546

PostSubject: Re: draw point question   Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:20 am

The draw point uses the item shard mesh, so I wouldn't modify that unless you want to break all of your shards. XD

There is a way, yes. It's quite easy, actually... Just need to slightly modify the cd1 file!

[Draw Point]
mesh=drawpoint    <--- You can change the mesh using this
isUncustomizable=true
hp=1
maxSpeed=500
isDrawPoint=true    <---- This bit here is really all you need
friendly=true
invulnerable=true

Basically a Draw Point can be anything you want it to be. Just change the mesh here:

mesh=drawpoint

To:

mesh=yourwantedmeshnamehere

And that's it.

If you want to turn any mesh already in-game into a draw point then simply add:

isDrawPoint=true

to that critter's section in the cd1 file.

In Dragon's Den we have a critter called a Treasure Chest. It's actually a draw point in the shape of a treasure chest and the lid opens when you 'draw'. It drops a number of items, so you know you can add animations and items to a critter designated as a draw point. :3

One thing though... the draw point automatically has a particle attached to it. That particle will likely appear on the main target point of any mesh designated a draw point. It might not, just wanted to warn you.

I also don't know if you could have a walking/running critter as a draw point. The draw points as they are now end up sliding if they, for whatever reason, end up moving. This may be due simply to the fact that the draw point mesh has no actual run cycle - all it's animation are the same for Idle, Run, Attack1, Die etc.

The Treasure Chest lid opens on the Die animation is DD, so it's possible to have the animations set like a normal critter. I can confirm it works though, as I once set a butterfly as a draw point and it happily flapped its wings in Idle. It did have the draw point particle in the middle of it though, so if you want that gone you need to either make the draw point particle invisible or find a way to remove it from the critter in the coding. I don't know about the coding, so you're on your own for that, sorry.

But yeah, it's that easy. Have fun! :3
Back to top Go down
l-lAngryGamerl-l

Game username : chevy_cheetah(chevrolet)
Server : |~|Pet Pet Pinto |~| Skills: Hosting, Modeling, Rigging. Age:19
Female Posts : 310

PostSubject: Re: draw point question   Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:29 am

Thank you so much i'll try this out!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: draw point question   

Back to top Go down

draw point question
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support-