HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

how to start off?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
spacepimp

PostSubject: how to start off?   Tue Jan 03, 2017 3:02 am

Since i found out about Impressive Title a long ago back, i've always wanted my own server. But being me back then and uneducated i wasnt sure how to get started, infact i still dont. I know what i want for my game but im not sure how to do everything to make it work. I guess what im asking is what do i need to make my server? I know theres already posts out there to help me but theres just so many i'm so confused and im just not good with computer stuff.

i probably wont do everything by myself (make maps, playable models ect) infact i dont want to use KITOs playable models. I kinda want to go my own way with models, sort of like what the game Wolfsoul did. And when it comes to customizing, i want to be able to use multiple markings for an area (as seen in aro'kai) so i'll need help with that.

any help is appreciated thanks
Back to top Go down
KyenTheDragon

Game username : Kyen
Server : Kybrid Pawz

PostSubject: Re: how to start off?   Tue Jan 03, 2017 9:17 am

Back to top Go down
spacepimp

PostSubject: Re: how to start off?   Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:41 pm

KyenTheDragon wrote:
Maybe this help you, enjoy it <3 http://www.kitopen.com/t532-download-and-instructions-compile-your-own-it

but i dont understand is the issue, do i download everything and then do what? how do i put m y own models and game layout into the game? are the downloads virus free?
Back to top Go down
venw0lf

Game username : Venwolf
Server : Last Moon (Global Mod)
Female Posts : 107

PostSubject: Re: how to start off?   Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:00 pm

You have to download the compile, edit it to your needs, and then compile it. Then you will be able to edit things like models and maps. I'm sure if you went onto the Tutorial section of this forum you can find guides that will be helpful as far as adding stuff in.
And also, the downloads are indeed, virus-free.

Just a fair warning though, don't just jump right into this thinking that you can get away with all tutorials. Making a server requires a ton of effort and for someone like you that's new to making things, it might be a little hard getting started. I, though I've been messing around with things involving making IT server stuff for a while, still have so much more to learn. I'm just saying, don't expect for this process to be easy.

Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
spacepimp

PostSubject: Re: how to start off?   Tue Jan 03, 2017 8:47 pm

venw0lf wrote:
You have to download the compile, edit it to your needs, and then compile it. Then you will be able to edit things like models and maps. I'm sure if you went onto the Tutorial section of this forum you can find guides that will be helpful as far as adding stuff in.
And also, the downloads are indeed, virus-free.

Just a fair warning though, don't just jump right into this thinking that you can get away with all tutorials. Making a server requires a ton of effort and for someone like you that's new to making things, it might be a little hard getting started. I, though I've been messing around with things involving making IT server stuff for a while, still have so much more to learn. I'm just saying, don't expect for this process to be easy.

Best of luck!

i think i get some of it now, buti feel like im gonna need a team to help me with it all but im not sure where to look.
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist

™

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Server : Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: how to start off?   Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:24 am

Since you can't advertise for staff here on KITO unless you at least have a test server up and running, you'll need to either look elsewhere or try and get that far by yourself.

I highly recommend you go through this thread very, very carefully and follow it as best you can: http://www.kitopen.com/t2340-mega-list-of-faq-tutorials-and-server-help?highlight=mega+thread

That thread has practically everything you need to know.

Word of advice: DON'T bother with the new stuff right away. Once you get a basic test server up you can ask for staff that might be able to help. It's much easier to modify a server that's up and working than it is to try and mess with 50 different things before you even go online with it. You'll break it and never know what went wrong. One thing at a time.

Also, if you feel that you can't do that much by yourself then you need to step back and ask yourself if you're really ready and dedicated enough to go through with this. It is a monumental task and is nowhere as easy as people think. You have to want this 100% and be prepared for a lot of hard work, learning, tears and frustration. If you can't deal with that then it's best to walk away now and save yourself the stress. Not trying to discourage you, but I see so many fall because of this.

I wish you the best of luck.

~Obey~
Back to top Go down
http://dragonsden.freeforums.net
spacepimp

PostSubject: Re: how to start off?   Wed Jan 04, 2017 3:33 am

ObeyTheFist wrote:
Since you can't advertise for staff here on KITO unless you at least have a test server up and running, you'll need to either look elsewhere or try and get that far by yourself.

I highly recommend you go through this thread very, very carefully and follow it as best you can: http://www.kitopen.com/t2340-mega-list-of-faq-tutorials-and-server-help?highlight=mega+thread

That thread has practically everything you need to know.

Word of advice: DON'T bother with the new stuff right away. Once you get a basic test server up you can ask for staff that might be able to help. It's much easier to modify a server that's up and working than it is to try and mess with 50 different things before you even go online with it. You'll break it and never know what went wrong. One thing at a time.

Also, if you feel that you can't do that much by yourself then you need to step back and ask yourself if you're really ready and dedicated enough to go through with this. It is a monumental task and is nowhere as easy as people think. You have to want this 100% and be prepared for a lot of hard work, learning, tears and frustration. If you can't deal with that then it's best to walk away now and save yourself the stress. Not trying to discourage you, but I see so many fall because of this.

I wish you the best of luck.

~Obey~

Im up to the task as best as i can but i just know somewhere im going to mess up if i dont have another person guiding me or helping me a long and that makes me so nervous. i guess i just dont want to do it alone but i dont have any friends or know anyone with experience like this or willing to help.
Back to top Go down
KyenTheDragon

Game username : Kyen
Server : Kybrid Pawz

PostSubject: Re: how to start off?   Wed Jan 04, 2017 4:00 am

Im up to the task as best as i can but i just know somewhere im going to mess up if i dont have another person guiding me or helping me a long and that makes me so nervous. i guess i just dont want to do it alone but i dont have any friends or know anyone with experience like this or willing to help. [/quote]

hm well, i have free time, i maybe can help you to start, but i dont gonna do anymore. just need a skype, and teamviewer.
Back to top Go down
spacepimp

PostSubject: Re: how to start off?   Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:28 am

KyenTheDragon wrote:

Im up to the task as best as i can but i just know somewhere im going to mess up if i dont have another person guiding me or helping me a long and that makes me so nervous. i guess i just dont want to do it alone but i dont have any friends or know anyone with experience like this or willing to help.

hm well, i have free time, i maybe can help you to start, but i dont gonna do anymore. just need a skype, and teamviewer.[/quote]

i have a skype (p0rnstarss - i know its an absurd name) and i dont have a teamviewer but i do have join.me
Back to top Go down

how to start off?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Help Wanted-
Jump to: