HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Problems with hosting server

Go down 
AuthorMessage
FireFoxBuyXx

Server : The Fire Wolf
Female Posts : 18

PostSubject: Problems with hosting server    Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:10 pm

Hey! FireFoxBuyXx here!
Im working on a server atm but i cant really do anymore without multiplayer, i've been looking around and tried a few thing but it just didnt work. For now im gonna try host the server myself with Hamachi and i'll find a host later on. If you can help me i would love it <3 Some screenshorts will help alot too <3
(Not sure if i posted the wrong place, please tell me if i did)
-FireFoxBuyXx
Back to top Go down
FireFoxBuyXx

PostSubject: Re: Problems with hosting server    Tue Nov 29, 2016 8:58 pm

bumping .3.
Back to top Go down
BeanMews

Game username : BeanMews
Female Posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: Problems with hosting server    Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:57 pm

This should have been in the support board, and searching the word "hamachi" in the search bar provided me with this result.

http://www.kitopen.com/t734-hamachi-host-free-to-delete?highlight=hamachi
Back to top Go down
FireFoxBuyXx

PostSubject: Re: Problems with hosting server    Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:01 pm

Vixxel wrote:
This should have been in the support board, and searching the word "hamachi" in the search bar provided me with this result.

I did find that board but it didnt really work.
Back to top Go down
BeanMews

Game username : BeanMews
Female Posts : 74

PostSubject: Re: Problems with hosting server    Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:49 pm

Perhaps try referencing stuff from google for assistance? Like looking at how hamachi works with other games?

I haven't used hamachi so I wouldn't be much more help than that, and it appears all other topics relating to hamachi never get answered??? //shrugs ):
Back to top Go down
Hellhound

PostSubject: Re: Problems with hosting server    Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:37 pm

FireFoxBuyXx wrote:
Vixxel wrote:

have you tried turn windows firewall off? because it doesn't let others connect to you if you're going to use Hamachi. don't worry about it, if you have anti virus, nothing can threat your computer Smile
my firewall always turned off, and i haven't caught a virus
Back to top Go down
FireFoxBuyXx

PostSubject: Re: Problems with hosting server    Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:22 pm

Hellhound wrote:
FireFoxBuyXx wrote:
Vixxel wrote:

have you tried turn windows firewall off? because it doesn't let others connect to you if you're going to use Hamachi. don't worry about it, if you have anti virus, nothing can threat your computer Smile
my firewall always turned off, and i haven't caught a virus
Not sure if it is. My acc (On my PC itself) isnt the "admin" acc. So im not able to check those things. I can ask my dad when he is home.
Back to top Go down
Hellhound

PostSubject: Re: Problems with hosting server    Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:57 pm

FireFoxBuyXx wrote:

Not sure if it is. My acc (On my PC itself) isnt the "admin" acc. So im not able to check those things. I can ask my dad when he is home.

oh dude, it's easy to check^^ follow the pictures~

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

Game username : ShadoWolfozo
Server : GROWL: Spirits
Male Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: Problems with hosting server    Thu Dec 01, 2016 8:19 am

If your account isn't the admin computer then I'm going to safely assume you're doing this on your parents' or elder sibling's computer, yes?

In which case do not touch your firewall settings. If you change something you shouldn't have or whoever owns the computer has custom settings for a reason then you could cause major problems.

Firewalls are there to prevent unwelcome content / people connecting to and infecting your computer. Anti-virus software does NOT stop everything and usually will NOT stop people connecting remotely to your computer which can cause absolute havoc and basically erase or corrupt everything on your computer alongside stealing confidential / personal information such as credit card numbers, passwords and other information that you do not want people to have. You are putting your computer at great risk for absolutely no real reason. Hellhound should know better and is lucky nothing has happened to their computer so far.

Long story short; if the computer is yours and your account is admin, then change your firewall settings at your own risk & accept any and all consequences for doing so if something happens.

If the computer is NOT yours, do not touch anything. Simple as that.

You can use the localip trick (search it) to test things on multiplayer without having the server actually online- it creates a loopback server on your own machine that allows you to fake an online server and connect to it, giving all functions of a normal online server without the risks of turning your firewall off.

Firewalls are there for a reason.
Back to top Go down
FireFoxBuyXx

PostSubject: Re: Problems with hosting server    Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:04 pm

ShadoWolfozo wrote:
If your account isn't the admin computer then I'm going to safely assume you're doing this on your parents' or elder sibling's computer, yes?

In which case do not touch your firewall settings. If you change something you shouldn't have or whoever owns the computer has custom settings for a reason then you could cause major problems.

Firewalls are there to prevent unwelcome content / people connecting to and infecting your computer. Anti-virus software does NOT stop everything and usually will NOT stop people connecting remotely to your computer which can cause absolute havoc and basically erase or corrupt everything on your computer alongside stealing confidential / personal information such as credit card numbers, passwords and other information that you do not want people to have. You are putting your computer at great risk for absolutely no real reason. Hellhound should know better and is lucky nothing has happened to their computer so far.

Long story short; if the computer is yours and your account is admin, then change your firewall settings at your own risk & accept any and all consequences for doing so if something happens.

If the computer is NOT yours, do not touch anything. Simple as that.

You can use the localip trick (search it) to test things on multiplayer without having the server actually online- it creates a loopback server on your own machine that allows you to fake an online server and connect to it, giving all functions of a normal online server without the risks of turning your firewall off.

Firewalls are there for a reason.
The computer is my own, i even payd for it myself, tho my dad made another acc the admin acc so i have to get his permission to download anything new without getting any virus. The backstory why it is like that, is gonna be private.
But thx for the help! <3
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Female Posts : 546

PostSubject: Re: Problems with hosting server    Fri Dec 02, 2016 5:02 am

I find Hamachi is very open to abuse and not secure at all. I haven't used it myself because all I hear about it is bad. I'd go with ShadoWolfozo's suggestion and try localip if you can't get the hosting done through your modem/router.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Problems with hosting server    

Back to top Go down

Problems with hosting server
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support-
Jump to: