HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Meet the New Admins

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hyper
Admin

Game username : Hyper
Server : Azoptaos
Male Posts : 487

PostSubject: Meet the New Admins   Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:19 am

Hello people of KITO!

As some of you may have seen, Redeye is retiring and has chosen three new admins to watch over KITO. We know a lot of you were hesitant and even angry about this change, so we want to do our best to calm your fears. We thought it might be nice if we each introduced ourselves and said what we hope to provide for KITO and its community.

Meet Hyper:
Hello there KITO. Most of you have probably seen me around, either in Support, as a mod, or as an admin of Azoptaos. I know I’ve had an attitude in the past, but I’m hoping to prove to you all that I want to help out here. My main reason behind applying was so I could help reorganize the forum and update the source code to a functional point to avoid so many repetitive help threads. Although I’m only eighteen, I’m going to college this fall to major in Game Programming, and I hope to use what I learn there to help KITO. I can be snappy sometimes, but I do my best to be friendly to those who need help or want to talk. I hope I can contribute something lasting to this community and help Impressive Title live on.

Meet Kawoie:
Hi!
My name is Kawoie, but you can refer to me as my actual name, Drake. I’m a 22 year old hobbyist/digital artist who spends most of his time lurking in corners of most forums and servers as it’s what I do, part time ninja.  
I’ve been around the IT community since IW had been released. I have always had an immense interest for Impressive Title in general since the start, including a lot of servers. (My old computer died due to having so many servers on it. Insane, right?) It was the main reason I had joined deviantART, started drawing, met my friends and my girlfriend of over two years to this day. I have always had a love for animals, drawing and art, rainy days, coffee, all sorts of music, and I'm always open to talking. I really enjoy making friends and I don't bite! I'm approachable and I absolutely love sharing conversation with just about anyone. I have been hanging around KITO for quite some time and wasn’t too talkative but as of now I’m completely open to doing so with anyone as long as you’re cordial.

Meet KatyeKitty:
I know that I may not be a particularly well-known face around the community, but I do promise that my intentions are pure and that I only want to help the website and it’s users excel and get the help that they need and are looking for. Regardless of my post count, I am highly active here on the forum; I am online constantly throughout the day checking in and can be reached at pretty much any point in time when I am not at work. Skype is my main mode of social interaction and most likely always will be, so feel free to add me there, even if it’s just to chat and be friendly. I come off a lot of the time as a serious and unfriendly gal, but in all honesty I have a soft heart and will always go to far lengths to help anyone who reaches for it, IT related or not. My door is always open.

We hope you all come to at least tolerate us as we do our best to keep KITO running. With that said, here are some things we hope to change or address as we learn to navigate our new powers:

-New forum organization. You may log on and see stuff being moved around - don’t worry, we hope to make everything easier to find and hopefully prevent so many repetitive help threads.
-A support FAQ. This will address the most common issues found on the support thread so that section of the forum can be reserved for new and confusing problems.
-Source code updates. Many of the common support issues are because of problems with the final source, so Hyper will be taking that and hopefully ironing out the bugs so it is easier to use.
-Changing guest permissions. This hasn’t been discussed much, as we’re going to reorganize and then decide what to do, and we’re unsure exactly what permissions guests viewing the forum have, but we may play around with those at some point.

This list is just what we have come up with so far, so don’t be surprised if we fiddle with something that isn’t mentioned. We hope to be able to change KITO for the better and help members of the community make their talents known.

If you have any questions or concerns about us or what we plan to do, feel free to reply or contact one of us privately. We would love to hear your feedback on what we can do to help KITO thrive.

-Hyper, Kawoie and KatyeKitty

Last edited by Hyper on Fri Aug 12, 2016 7:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://azoptaos.boards.net/
FagonStar

Game username : FagonStar
Server : Impressive Whatchamacallit
Female Posts : 1060

PostSubject: Re: Meet the New Admins   Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:47 pm

I admit that I was nervous about the changeover at first, but I think you all will do a great job. (:
/IAmAlsoHappyThatMoreWorkWillBePutIntoTheSourceLOL/
Back to top Go down
Zilla

Game username : Zilla
Server : None
Female Posts : 102

PostSubject: Re: Meet the New Admins   Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:41 pm

I was also scared of the changeover but it seems that KITO is in good hands. I trust that the new admins will help the community thrive again and hopefully add in those changes we have been waiting for in the source code. Good luck to you all.
Back to top Go down
Meadowstar01

Female Posts : 82

PostSubject: Re: Meet the New Admins   Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:33 am

I think it's great that ya'll decided to make this thread. Good luck! I'm sure you guys will do a great job. Smile
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist

™

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Server : Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: Meet the New Admins   Sun Jul 31, 2016 6:40 am

The guests, as far as I'm aware, have always been able to view pretty much everything a regular member can, they just couldn't click on any links inside threads to view/download things.

I think it might be nice to hide away some of the more sensitive boards, such as the source download and places where people can download other content such as maps, critters, textures, model etc. until they register.

I'm just a bit iffy about leaving everything open while random people wander about. It's not hard to sign up and become a part of the community. -shrugs- I know they can't download anything without signing up anyway, but it'd be nice to feel a bit more like they're not just strolling in to take stuff and leave.

Idk, it's entirely up to you guys now. And, as I said before, I wish you all the best of luck! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://dragonsden.freeforums.net
RedEye
Retired

Game username : -redeye-
Server : KITO
Male Posts : 2575

PostSubject: Re: Meet the New Admins   Sun Jul 31, 2016 8:10 am

ObeyTheFist wrote:
The guests, as far as I'm aware, have always been able to view pretty much everything a regular member can, they just couldn't click on any links inside threads to view/download things.

I think it might be nice to hide away some of the more sensitive boards, such as the source download and places where people can download other content such as maps, critters, textures, model etc. until they register.

I'm just a bit iffy about leaving everything open while random people wander about. It's not hard to sign up and become a part of the community. -shrugs- I know they can't download anything without signing up anyway, but it'd be nice to feel a bit more like they're not just strolling in to take stuff and leave.

Idk, it's entirely up to you guys now. And, as I said before, I wish you all the best of luck! Very Happy

Just to add to my own reason why I opened them to guests again. It is pretty much a known fact that the search on forumotion here suuuuucks. So my only option was to open it up so google could index the entire board so it could be searched with google.

I'm happy to see you guys and gals eager to go at it. *wave*

Female Posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Meet the New Admins   Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:10 pm

lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down

Meet the New Admins
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Announcements-
Jump to: