HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Slycan

Game username : Sly
Server : KITO
Female Posts : 1198

PostSubject: So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated   Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:46 am

Wait wait hear me out.

I got these from the "fake" Super Feesh, the one who has been apparently running Arokai the last 5 years as OnOwl, who gave them to me 3 year ago to help me "learn anatomy and run animations"

This was cool and all, and I never even looked at them for 2 years, however..

1- Seeing a doppelganger Super gave this to me

2- Arokai is closed down forever now

3- Absolutely no one can find the real Super

I am feeling I should just release these to public to become either prey or playables, rather than waste them. Thoughts and opinions? Does anyone know if there's going to be any more work done on Arokai (either by means of an IT server or under another name) by legit staff members, or is it a dead deal and the assets will be scrapped?

Thanks ahead of time
Back to top Go down
Delete me.
Coder
Coder

Male Posts : 353

PostSubject: Re: So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated   Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:11 am

I'll call

I have more somewhere.

I stopped using these as soon as everything went down, but now I dunno what to do with them.
Seems silly to waste them, but seems disrespectful to hand them out.

I'll be interested to see what everyone says, since I have no idea. xD
Back to top Go down
Slycan

PostSubject: Re: So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated   Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:23 am

lmao, now I'm wondering how many other 3D artist people have other random bits of assets..
Back to top Go down
Skyia

Game username : Skyia
Server : Royal Elements
Female Posts : 144

PostSubject: Re: So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated   Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:30 am

I think they would be great prey/models. Tho I wouldn't give them out to servers who most likely be up for a few months then fall, (If im understanding) Like DD for example, Id give it to them but again. Since you have them (and Ruby) you guys can make the decision
Back to top Go down
Witacha
3D Modeler
3D Modeler

Game username : Witacha
Server : Land Of The Wolves(Owner)
Female Posts : 1203

PostSubject: Re: So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated   Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:28 am

i want the dragon plzzzzzz :v
Back to top Go down
http://witacha-asukata.deviantart.com/
ObeyTheFist

™

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Server : Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated   Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:38 pm

'Onowl' offered DD a few models just before the shit hit the fan. We never got them, but it's possible models were offered to other people as well. There's likely to be bits and pieces of Aro'Kai material scattered all over the place held by a number of people.

Unless someone steps forward with proof of owning those models then I suppose they'd be considered a public source now considering that the actual source was given to a few people.

I would love to see Aro'Kai's player models converted for use in IT servers personally (as prey and player models). It rankles me a little that the owner hasn't given permission...but how can they if no one can get in contact?

I've heard so many conflicting stories about Aro'Kai and whether or not one of the team members will be picking up the slack.

In all honesty though, Aro'Kai has gone absolutely nowhere for several years. I honestly don't think it's going to go anywhere now, even if one or more of the old Aro'Kai team members want to hold on to things. And again, being honest, anything handed down to the Aro'Kai team would've actually been given to them by the fake Onowl so... I don't consider that a legit ownership.

Just my opinion though. You're the one holding those models, so you should do what you feel is right.
Back to top Go down
http://dragonsden.freeforums.net
Skulleh

Game username : Skulleh
Female Posts : 130

PostSubject: Re: So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated   Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:54 pm

aaaa I'd love the deer, bear, and owl owo

maybe the wolf too, those models are p nice tbh and it'd be kinda sad to just waste them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.warriors-moonrise.freeforums.net
Delete me.
Coder
Coder

PostSubject: Re: So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated   Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:04 pm

ObeyTheFist wrote:
'Onowl' offered DD a few models just before the shit hit the fan. We never got them, but it's possible models were offered to other people as well. There's likely to be bits and pieces of Aro'Kai material scattered all over the place held by a number of people.

Unless someone steps forward with proof of owning those models then I suppose they'd be considered a public source now considering that the actual source was given to a few people.

Part of what's kind of throwing me off is the fact that these models were already handed out like candy from someone who didn't even own them.
We shouldn't have them.
But we do.

And they're not all I have. I've got sources and demos too.
I've been asked countless times to re-upload the demos since people can't get them from the site now.
I've declined up until this point since 0% of the content is actually mine to redistribute. Not just the fact that the models are Super's, but a ton of other resources belong to the rest of the AK team.

I feel that it might be best to wait and hear from those individuals who are actually present, and own some of the content.
Back to top Go down
FagonStar

Game username : FagonStar
Server : Impressive Whatchamacallit
Female Posts : 1060

PostSubject: Re: So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated   Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:32 pm

If you don't feel right with sharing them, then fine, but it seems like a huge waste of content(and potential) to me. Especially because, I am 100% certain that we're not going to hear from the real Super or Aro'kai again. /shrug
Back to top Go down
Delete me.
Coder
Coder

PostSubject: Re: So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated   Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:58 pm

FagonStar wrote:
If you don't feel right with sharing them, then fine, but it seems like a huge waste of content(and potential) to me. Especially because, I am 100% certain that we're not going to hear from the real Super or Aro'kai again. /shrug

I get that, and I would hate to see everything go to waste, because some of these are pretty good models, and they probably took a lot of time to make.
The models I'm more likely to share, it's the demos that everyone's asking me to redistribute that I don't feel too comfortable doing.
There's plenty of old AK staff that are still around that could contact me about it, which I would prefer, since a lot of the texturework is theirs.
The models, there's no one to ask about them.
So I guess we'll see how this thread goes for that part, but I'd say it's likely at this point that there will be a download for them sometime soon.
There's probably other people giving them out anyway, since Onowl clearly didn't keep anything to themselves. xD
Back to top Go down
FagonStar

Game username : FagonStar
Server : Impressive Whatchamacallit
Female Posts : 1060

PostSubject: Re: So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated   Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:09 pm

Phlox wrote:
FagonStar wrote:

I get that, and I would hate to see everything go to waste, because some of these are pretty good models, and they probably took a lot of time to make.
The models I'm more likely to share, it's the demos that everyone's asking me to redistribute that I don't feel too comfortable doing.
There's plenty of old AK staff that are still around that could contact me about it, which I would prefer, since a lot of the texturework is theirs.
The models, there's no one to ask about them.
So I guess we'll see how this thread goes for that part, but I'd say it's likely at this point that there will be a download for them sometime soon.
There's probably other people giving them out anyway, since Onowl clearly didn't keep anything to themselves. xD
Yeah, I'd be a good idea to ask contactable staff about the demos. x'D
Glad we could agree. c:
Back to top Go down
Skyia

Game username : Skyia
Server : Royal Elements
Female Posts : 144

PostSubject: Re: So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated   Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:15 pm

Phlox wrote:
ObeyTheFist wrote:

Part of what's kind of throwing me off is the fact that these models were already handed out like candy from someone who didn't even own them.
We shouldn't have them.
But we do.

And they're not all I have. I've got sources and demos too.
I've been asked countless times to re-upload the demos since people can't get them from the site now.
I've declined up until this point since 0% of the content is actually mine to redistribute. Not just the fact that the models are Super's, but a ton of other resources belong to the rest of the AK team.

I feel that it might be best to wait and hear from those individuals who are actually present, and own some of the content.

I have the demos also but im not 100% sure what to do with em, they are just sitting in my files.
Back to top Go down
GlaciaTheWolf
®
®

Game username : Glacia, GlaciaIceWolf, GlaciaTheWolf
Server : DD (member) Wolf soul (member)
Female Posts : 1001

PostSubject: Re: So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated   Sun Jun 12, 2016 6:56 pm

I think servers would get good use out of them, wouldnt want them to go to waste.
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist

™

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Female Posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated   Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:11 am

If there is anyone to contact about content then they should be contacted. Giving out the demo is a bit different to the models since more than Super put work into it after all. As for the models themselves... unless the real Superfeesh steps forward then there's not a lot that can be done.

The way I remember Super being when Aro'Kai first started - they just wanted to make a game that'd show off skills and make people happy. I feel like showing off her models would be honoring that. Otherwise it'd be such a waste of months of work and those models would just rot in some tiny corner of cyberspace until someone got their hands on them and used them indiscriminately with no regard for credits.

If she did return from wherever's she's gone and wanted them removed from whoever has them then I'd respect that.
Back to top Go down
http://dragonsden.freeforums.net
lazyzim

™

Male Posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated   Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:59 pm

A slight correction. ObeyTheFist was not aware that "Fake"Super/OnOwl had actually given me the Bear, Deer, Canine and Gryphon along with the source for an early Aro'Kai release. I was as shocked as everyone to think I had been duped for so long. For over 2 years I had numerous conversations both on Skype and within Dragon's Den.

As to what we should do with this source I have no idea. Our game is already configured for multispecies use and would just need the animations to conform to IT standard but I am concerned that we really do have no right to use them without permission.

Someone must know what happened to Superfeesh.

LazyZim
Back to top Go down
Khaao

Male Posts : 261

PostSubject: Re: So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated   Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:50 pm

Phlox wrote:
I'll call

I have more somewhere.

I stopped using these as soon as everything went down, but now I dunno what to do with them.
Seems silly to waste them, but seems disrespectful to hand them out.

I'll be interested to see what everyone says, since I have no idea. xD

are you even planning to sell teh wolf model anyway xD?
Back to top Go down
Witacha
3D Modeler
3D Modeler

Game username : Witacha
Server : Land Of The Wolves(Owner)
Female Posts : 1203

PostSubject: Re: So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated   Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:18 pm

"sell"? they can't sell it since it isn't their models.
Back to top Go down
http://witacha-asukata.deviantart.com/
GlaciaTheWolf
®
®

Game username : Glacia, GlaciaIceWolf, GlaciaTheWolf
Server : DD (member) Wolf soul (member)
Female Posts : 1001

PostSubject: Re: So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated   Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:58 pm

I really want to use them especially the wolf and the deer :O
Back to top Go down
Kawoie

Game username : Kawoie
Server : Former KITO Administrator
Male Posts : 122

PostSubject: Re: So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated   Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:49 pm

A bit sad that the actual Onowl/Superfeesh hasn't been seen in years and they were all completely a fraud, however, it would be respectful to redistribute them as free to use, however not anything being sold, since that's basically theft - getting profit from someone elses work. All the work that was put into those models is amazing, and they truly are beautiful.

I wouldn't want them to go to waste, and quite frankly I'm sure there are plenty of servers who would put it into good use if it were released. I'm not sure how many people have them by this point as they seemed to be freely handed out, but overall, putting them to good use as the actual Super hasn't been around for awhile wouldn't cause any harm.
Back to top Go down
Delete me.
Coder
Coder

PostSubject: Re: So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated   Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:55 am

✪ Saz wrote:
are you even planning to sell teh wolf model anyway xD?

Did my PM reply not go through?
I can't sell what isn't mine.

You'll have to wait and see if these go public like everyone else.
So far, I'm leaning towards yes, but if Sly also decides yes, I might just give mine to her and have her put them all up at once.
Back to top Go down
Slycan

PostSubject: Re: So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated   Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:20 am

I'm think yes too, I just want to wait awhile to see if new information came up, but it seems alot of assets have already be spread to a dozen of people anyway in bits n' pieces.

If no objectives from now until 19th, I'll release what I have and anyone else can too if they wish. I'll take full blame for any blacklash.
Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™

Male Posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated   Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:27 pm

Just curious Slycan have you animated them with the existing IT animations including bones or did you do something else. If the bones are numbered differently then "all hell" will happen with items and attacks.
Back to top Go down
Delete me.
Coder
Coder

PostSubject: Re: So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated   Fri Jun 17, 2016 1:39 am

From what I can tell, the rigs are the ones that came with these models (I know mine are), they weren't made for IT use.
Which can raise some issues, since bones don't really even keep the same name.
But with some clever code manipulation, they shouldn't be too hard to get functioning properly in a server.
Item bones are specified separately in the .cfg/.dat anyway, and the attack anims just need to be renamed/made to use the same names as the attack bases for the original models.
The only part that could be tricky for some people is proper restrictions for character creation, so that you can only use the appropriate heads/tails for the appropriate models.
Back to top Go down
Slycan

PostSubject: Re: So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated   Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:27 pm

I've been secretly hoping all week that SuperFeesh would come out of no were to tell us not to release them publicly v.v

I'll have files posted later today..
Back to top Go down
Skulleh

Game username : Skulleh
Female Posts : 130

PostSubject: Re: So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated   Fri Jun 17, 2016 7:09 pm

out of curiosity, will the meshes come with textures?
Back to top Go down
http://www.warriors-moonrise.freeforums.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated   

Back to top Go down

So I have these "Arokia" Models, rigged and animated
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Server-Related-
Jump to: