HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

FH update Good or Not?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Spirz

Male Posts : 53

PostSubject: FH update Good or Not?   Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:03 pm

http://www.feral-heart.com/index.php?option=com_jfusion&Itemid=2&jfile=index.php&topic=56609.msg774364#msg774364

My reaction:
"What the hell is this? Now this is more looks like a cheap IT copy. It's like a final kick."

What are you guys are thinking about it?
Back to top Go down
Spirz

PostSubject: Re: FH update Good or Not?   Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:17 pm

Wow look at the minimap :DD
Back to top Go down
RedEye
Retired

Game username : -redeye-
Server : KITO
Male Posts : 2583

PostSubject: Re: FH update Good or Not?   Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:50 pm

This came to mind.
Quote :
Same shit different wrapping

But I'll give it a try

PostSubject: Re: FH update Good or Not?   Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:03 pm

What is this shit and why is this here?

btw #RIPKov'sFH
Back to top Go down
Vιrus
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Game username : Virus
Server : Miskai
Female Posts : 486

PostSubject: Re: FH update Good or Not?   Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:34 pm

Well I'm glad for the stuff they removed and some they added but
why the character screen ui
what happened
???

Last edited by Vιrus on Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:37 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Zilla

Game username : Zilla
Server : None
Female Posts : 102

PostSubject: Re: FH update Good or Not?   Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:04 pm

I guess they are trying to compete with IT since they started to loose more players over the years since there hasn't been an update for years.
Back to top Go down
Meadowstar01

Female Posts : 82

PostSubject: Re: FH update Good or Not?   Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:05 pm

Well then, I never thought I would actually see this happen, even if it's just a patch!

I guess I'll have to try it in the morning sometime. Smile

Also... Why didn't they keep the waterfall background in the character creation screen? x_x
Back to top Go down
Slain Motionless

Game username : The-Hunted
Server : Aroessa
Female Posts : 440

PostSubject: Re: FH update Good or Not?   Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:11 am

They felt it wasnt character focus enough? I have no idea.

I honestly haven't been able to log-in nor stay logged in due to the massive server lag and disconnections going on. .-.
Back to top Go down
http://aroessa.proboards.com
GlaciaTheWolf
®
®

Game username : Glacia, GlaciaIceWolf, GlaciaTheWolf
Server : DD (member) Wolf soul (member)
Female Posts : 1027

PostSubject: Re: FH update Good or Not?   Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:14 am

I just tried it, i quite like the maps in it.
Back to top Go down
Kyrotonia

Female Posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: FH update Good or Not?   Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:31 am

I agree with x Spirit and RedEye. I officially quit because of this. It was the straw that broke the camel's back for me. If this game finally does die, I hope it may rest in peace...
Back to top Go down
Vιrus
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

PostSubject: Re: FH update Good or Not?   Fri Jun 10, 2016 3:42 am

So upon looking into it, I actually like it.
It was just enough to get that shit up and running again. The addition of the items is pretty neat. Still wanting to see a prey system but ey it's chill.
The removal of the buttswing was the most mature thing to do, considering how users used it for inappropriate matters.
Haven't gotten as far as to get to the maps yet but personally I like what they have done other than the character creator screen.
This was looong overdue and at least someone picked it up to liven the community. Props.
Back to top Go down
Meadowstar01

Female Posts : 82

PostSubject: Re: FH update Good or Not?   Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:06 am

Well then. UTorrent decided not to work for the torrent download, and I'm a little hesitant about doing Web Player because last time I tried that, it tried to run a script that my antivirus (Comodo) blocked.

So much for that, I guess.

EDIT: I just tried Web Player, and then I got an error from 7Zip saying, "Unsupported method".

Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Hero

Game username : TheHero
Server : Digital Reminiscence
Female Posts : 21

PostSubject: Re: FH update Good or Not?   Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:26 am

Someone posted an exe on the last page of the update thread. That's the only way I got the update cause I don't use torrents X)

It actually looks pretty good so far. I haven't seen the moonwalk because I redownloaded Goldchocobo's animations (I literally cannot stand FH's base run). But the new maps look very pretty!
Back to top Go down
Zilla

Game username : Zilla
Server : None
Female Posts : 102

PostSubject: Re: FH update Good or Not?   Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:32 pm

I do agree with you Virus FH looks a lot better than it did. The new maps look good but the lag is painful to deal with. It seems like they had been planing this update for a long time considering older members of the staff had contributed. I look forward to seeing what other things they are going to add in if they continue to update the game.
Back to top Go down
GlaciaTheWolf
®
®

Game username : Glacia, GlaciaIceWolf, GlaciaTheWolf
Server : DD (member) Wolf soul (member)
Female Posts : 1027

PostSubject: Re: FH update Good or Not?   Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:03 pm

I cant stand feralhearts animations either i make my own. but the new maps are beautiful and more inviting, i got lost exploring them. but im actually surprised by how well it came out.
Back to top Go down
HexenHatter

Server : I'm everywhere, man.
Female Posts : 20

PostSubject: Re: FH update Good or Not?   Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:15 pm

I think it's good the FH team is still working on the game.
Also, I think it's good it has a few more IT based features, I feel it gives more depth to it being an IT replacement.
Haven't downloaded it yet, but I'm sure it'll be nice.
Back to top Go down
Icea

Game username : Icea
Server : Aeklata (Moderator)
Female Posts : 198

PostSubject: Re: FH update Good or Not?   Fri Jun 10, 2016 7:23 pm

Before i tried the update, i didn't like it because it removed my favourite maps (Sky's rim and ascension island (from what i know)) but once i tried it, i kinda like it

although Ascension island was my ABSOLUTE favourite map, we got other maps too. i haven't explored them all but meh

also The Grounds is kinda like Default on IT games xD

The thing that really made me like the update was the music change, the new music is amazing, and being me, i love music. i like music if it sounds really good ^^

so yeah, i went from not liking the update to liking it. that is why you try things first XD

i really like the item additions but there needs to be neck items tbh. such as necklaces. meh, i can get those in Item Packs once they're compatible.

The moonwalk looks really nice though, but i'll be redownloading some animation packs xD
Back to top Go down
Kyrotonia

PostSubject: Re: FH update Good or Not?   Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:49 pm

Someone posted this... It's pure gold! lol
Back to top Go down
Vιrus
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

PostSubject: Re: FH update Good or Not?   Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:03 pm

^
Not really "gold". It's merely pathetic because someone got butthurt over the fact that there is no more buttswinging anim.
Childish is more the word.
Back to top Go down
Kawoie
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Game username : Kawoie
Server : Glasmar
Male Posts : 151

PostSubject: Re: FH update Good or Not?   Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:18 pm

Going to throw my personal opinion in here, amazing.

I'm going to be honest, I'm a bit surprised on the feedback of a lot of members. Negative, to be specific. To jot down what I'm saying, is the fact that everyone was practically begging for updates. Complaining that the staff did nothing, the game was boring, etc. So, as soon as the update toddles itself along, people are complaining about the changes that are made. But then again, isn't that what you wanted?
For example; the removal of the thrusting in the headband and the removal of buttswing. To me, that was a smart decision. You might say; "Oh no, it's just a 3D pixel lion game. How would anyone get offended over buttswinging/the topic of sexual interaction on here?!" Because it is a family friendly game. And it doesn't intend to be animal planet all in the same time. I'm friends with one of the community members who contributed a /lot/ to the game, and she was upset alone at how everyone was treating the update. Sure, a FH update is rare. As rare as a male server owner. But everyone had been complaining, asking about them, making fun of the game itself that it was just sitting there with no updates. Sure, something to also be worthy of complaining about, but the fact that they did exactly what you wanted for only half of the community to give such negative feedback is honestly a bit disappointing. The addition of items, removal of hinting actions, adding a lot of maps, that's great. It's wonderful to have your own opinion, but I'm quite frankly a bit sick of seeing people backlash the staff for their hard work put into the game for something they had been crying for, for years.

Now let me clarify, that this is my opinion. If you have your own, that's completely okay, and I'm not overruling how you feel about the update. Having negative feedback? That's alright. Positive? That's alright too. This is just personally how I feel about it, is all.
Back to top Go down
Vιrus
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

PostSubject: Re: FH update Good or Not?   Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:27 pm

^ Preach.
And a lot of the negative feedback isn't feedback.
It's simple acts of immaturity (see image above). The majority of the people complaining don't have anything to say that makes the criticism constructive. They don't offer ideas to help FH chug along. Most of what I've seen is "FH sucks", "FH is dead", "I miss old FH", etc.

Regarding the "no fun" topic, imagine this:
You own a server and have worked on an animation/item/whatever it may be that could ensure that players have fun and can goof off in your family friendly server. In this situation, it is the buttswing anim. However, once added, you notice that members use and abuse this anim for inappropriate reasons that may put the community to risk. You then remove the anim to make sure that people don't use it inappropriately anymore and instead replace it with something equally as fun. You get backlash for it.
Perhaps some people should keep that in mind. Put yourself in their shoes.

I just hope people don't take the route I went down and make a prejudice that the new update is bad before even playing it. I just saw the negative reaction from members and, given a select few screenies, thought "wow this must be bad".
Play the game for yourself before making any sort of judgment. Then you can determine how bad or how good the game may be.
Back to top Go down
Kyrotonia

PostSubject: Re: FH update Good or Not?   Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:43 pm

And you take this how seriously again? It's a free to play game that's on it's last leg. White knight me all you want, I just thought the image was funny. It has nothing to do with the buttswing animation in my opinion. If it does, I sincerely "apologize" for having an opinion. However, I sincerely don't like Redlinelies. That's why I posted it, not because of the buttswing being taken out. That is actually one good thing I can say he's had done. lol
Back to top Go down
Vιrus
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

PostSubject: Re: FH update Good or Not?   Fri Jun 10, 2016 11:45 pm

Kyrotonia wrote:
White knight me all you want, I just thought the image was funny. It has nothing to do with the buttswing animation in my opinion. If it does, I sincerely "apologize" for having an opinion.

"Now let me clarify, that this is my opinion. If you have your own, that's completely okay, and I'm not overruling how you feel about the update. Having negative feedback? That's alright. Positive? That's alright too. This is just personally how I feel about it, is all."

"Play the game for yourself before making any sort of judgment. Then you can determine how bad or how good the game may be."
Back to top Go down
Slycan

Game username : Sly
Server : KITO
Female Posts : 1198

PostSubject: Re: FH update Good or Not?   Sat Jun 11, 2016 4:47 am

Only took them six years before they decided to change it FH into an IT server.

For fucksake, with servers like Wolf Soul, Myatar Legends, Dragons Den, why the hell people even bother holding their breath for FH's backward "updates" anymore shocks the hell out of me.

I'm pretty sure the only reason they even did this update was to get back their ad revenue $$$ from people trying to log into the game and failing over and over again from shitty sign-up server connections.
Back to top Go down
Featherclaw

Game username : Featherclaw
Server : Realm of Elements
Female Posts : 11

PostSubject: Re: FH update Good or Not?   Sat Jun 11, 2016 5:58 am

"There are now two versions of the game. FH and FH Light"

....what is FH Light and how is it different? Lol..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FH update Good or Not?   

Back to top Go down

FH update Good or Not?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Announcements-
Jump to: