HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

sky fading help [solved]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 361

PostSubject: sky fading help [solved]   Sun May 08, 2016 7:40 pm

So...using an assortment of threads here on kito...i changed a lot of things with my sky...lighting..etc.

And...made a  huge mess of things.

I managed to get an ambient light set up for each time of day. but they don't fade into eachother. making for a very...choppy/flashy...sort of feel when the lights change. I tried applying a fade to them but..well...it clearly needs some more coding to actually work as what i did only caused my build to fail XD

I also changed my night sky color to something much much darker. lovely dark. but the transition is...non-existent now. at dusk, the sky fades nicely...but then when it hits night-time..it's like WHAM. instant black sky. there's no in-between fade at all. and it makes me do sad faces.

I tried altering the fades...applying fades...etc. when it does work, i end up with a nice slow fade into black BUT it doesn't stop fading! it tried to fade even further! going down to 0 0 0 and then it crashes the game because lol it wants to go lower than 0 0 0 and that's just not even possible!
changing the dusk fade was also very unlucky for me...instead of a smooth fade..i ended up making it fade to green...and then to bright teal..and then deep purple....before WHAM black. I clearly have no idea what i am doing...but i've come too far to remove it XD

can you help me one more time? please? with candy on top?

this was solved over skype~ whoop~

Last edited by Hamilton on Mon May 09, 2016 7:52 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : added gif)
Back to top Go down
RedEye
Retired

Game username : -redeye-
Server : KITO
Male Posts : 2575

PostSubject: Re: sky fading help [solved]   Sun May 08, 2016 8:17 pm

Looks like you forgot to add code here:
https://github.com/jespersh/KITO/blob/master/src/client/src/MagixSkyManager.cpp#L277
and here:
https://github.com/jespersh/KITO/blob/master/src/client/src/MagixSkyManager.cpp#L401

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 361

PostSubject: Re: sky fading help [solved]   Mon May 09, 2016 1:56 am

mmkay well..finally understood enough of the math to fix the sky fading. thanks for that, redeye.

just leaves trying to make the ambient lighting fade.....
Back to top Go down

sky fading help [solved]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support-
Jump to: