HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Having trouble rigging a prey SOLVED

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Witacha
3D Modeler
3D Modeler

Game username : Witacha
Server : Land Of The Wolves(Owner)
Female Posts : 1191

PostSubject: Having trouble rigging a prey SOLVED   Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:01 pm

So, i'm currently rigging the cat model i made
( http://www.kitopen.com/t4030-speedmodeling-cat )
with the wildebeest rig, i know how to use a rig on another model but this time i don't understand what's wrong with it >:v

so

in game it look like that
but in blender

i've checked everything but nupe oh and also

Last edited by Witacha on Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://witacha-asukata.deviantart.com/
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 369

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble rigging a prey SOLVED   Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:20 pm

looks like you've missed weightpainting some verts. probably in the teeth/inside of the mouth judging by the direction of pull. since you haven't got it rigged to open the mouth, i'd suggest using the crop view filter to get a closer inspection of whats going on inside the muzzle. you can find this option in the 'view' menu. (make sure you are already in weightpainting mode with that headbone selected. once the view is cropped, you can't select bones outside the view)
now the fun part. use the weightpainting brush. yeah, the tool weightpainting uses by default. it's real handy at getting into those nooks n crannies that the "set weightpaint to vertex/envelope" tools can miss. (they especially miss things when there's small details/broken up faces like this where the teeth are not a part of the main mesh)
Look in closely and find the blue areas that the tool missed and use the left mouse button to apply more weightpaints to them.

optional: set the skeleton in pose mode. set your view to side view. grab that head bone and rotate it up. (heck, move the neck or a spine too for more visibility). that unweightpainted vertices should become veerryy noticeable this way (similar to what it shows in the ingame version). once you can see the stretched verts, you can go to weightpaint mode and...use the weightpaint brush to add weightpainting to them. (this can seem like an easier option but i've had cases where a single vert was missing weightpainting and it wouldn't show it's-self through stretching. very annoying lol)

I know the quickness of the 'apply weightpaint to vertices/envelopes' is tempting...but it pays off to learn the rest of the tool. (same for making you own rig but that's a whole other can of worms i'm just gunna stop talking now sorry bye)

edit: sorry i came back i just noticed you had circled a second area of pull. it's clearly coming off of a claw on that hind foot. same directions apply though. either crop the view to see inside the foot or rotate the foot backwards to see the claw vert deform and then snag it into place. (it's a much smaller area than the mouth so rotation may be a better option here)

Last edited by Hamilton on Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:27 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : sorry, i spelled a lot of shit wrong....)
Back to top Go down
Witacha
3D Modeler
3D Modeler

Game username : Witacha
Server : Land Of The Wolves(Owner)
Female Posts : 1191

PostSubject: Re: Having trouble rigging a prey SOLVED   Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:41 pm

omfg i love you
it worked
didn't know 'bout that tools you saved my life xD
Back to top Go down
http://witacha-asukata.deviantart.com/

Having trouble rigging a prey SOLVED
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support :: Solved Support Issues-
Jump to: