HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

How Do I Make A .exe?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
AngelicFeather

Server : Paw Quest (WIP)
Female Posts : 46

PostSubject: How Do I Make A .exe?   Tue Mar 29, 2016 11:50 pm

So, I've been wanting to make an IT game for a while now. My friend gave me the files because I couldn't download them correctly from the forums. Everything looked fine until I noticed there was not a .exe for the game.

I'm not sure how to make the .exe for this. I've played around with Feral-Heart code before (like markings and maps, etc,) but I'm still not sure how to make an .exe that would work with the files.

Thank you for reading, sorry if this has already been asked, but I looked it up and couldn't find an answer. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
MissDiealot
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Game username : SoftMoon | MissDiealot
Server : no longer active in the IT community
Female Posts : 299

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Make A .exe?   Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:21 am

Just build the solution with Visual Studio c:
Back to top Go down
http://missdiealot.deviantart.com/
AngelicFeather

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Make A .exe?   Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:31 am

Ah! Thank you, but I'm not sure really how to use Visual Studios. Can you tell me what I do?

Sorry, I'm pretty much new to this stuff.
Back to top Go down
ЩΛЯ

Game username : ThisIsWar
Server : Eclipse
Female Posts : 373

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Make A .exe?   Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:14 am

There are many tutorials on KITO, just make sure your ready to create your own IT server before you get straight into it. This may help: http://www.kitopen.com/t900-nowe-s-guide-for-compiling-impressive-title-for-dummies-download-up?highlight=Noob+guide
Back to top Go down
AngelicFeather

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Make A .exe?   Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:31 pm

Ah, I'm on my iPad right now, so I can't really view that easily, but thank you.

And does my friend and I talking about making an IT server and making the forums and downloading the files count as ready? XD

Back to top Go down
-INACTIVE-
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Male Posts : 447

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Make A .exe?   Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:08 pm

Depends on.
You and your friend need to be completely sure you want to start to work on your own IT server.

It's hard if you don't have much experience,if you don't have a team (in this way is also a really time consuming thing),and if you have team,if they know what to do,and if they are doing they job good.

You,as an owner need to know how to act to your Staff Team,people on your server,and doing part of a job as well.
Which means,models,textures or shards. Just something for the server as well as the rest of the team.

Also,there is a lot of people who have server projects,but some of them would never become real,because people can be lazy,don't have much time,or just become angry and start to hate IT because they server is NOT the best server in the few days...or they just think if they spend few hours work on it and then BOOM!! The best server ever on this goddamn planet.

But that is not how it works.
If you want to have a good,and working server,you need to work hard.

Good luck with your server!

Back to top Go down
AngelicFeather

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Make A .exe?   Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:02 pm

Thanks!

I have no friends that are close by, so it's not like we can all use the same PC to code everything together.

Also, I'd rather not use a download tutorial, and would like an online one instead. I'm scared of downloading them because of viruses.

I also tried to "build solution" but I keep getting this:
Error 1 error C1047: The object or library file 'C:\Paw Quest\hecticskies\deps\ogre-paged-1.1.4\lib\PagedGeometry.lib' was created with an older compiler than other objects; rebuild old objects and libraries C:\Paw Quest\hecticskies\LINK game
Error 2 error LNK1257: code generation failed C:\Paw Quest\hecticskies\LINK game

I'm getting stressed and half way want to give up. I haven't even got a server host yet. But I keep telling myself not to give up and to this for everyone else, even if it mean hair-pulling, nightmares and getting really stressed and confused...
Back to top Go down
AngelicFeather

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Make A .exe?   Tue Aug 09, 2016 11:20 pm

I still need help compiling it. It now says I have to buy Visual Studios. --_--

I followed the instructions and I tried to run the gameserver and loginserver things but they didn't do anything.

On top of all of this, the one person who isn't someone I really know who wanted to be staff isn't even replying to us. Thankfully, another one of my friends joined, so we now have 3 people doing something staff wise.
Back to top Go down
Zilla

Game username : Zilla
Server : None
Female Posts : 102

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Make A .exe?   Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:06 am

You can download the community version of Visual Studios which is free Here
you can look for different versions by googling it as well.

AngelicFeather wrote:
On top of all of this, the one person who isn't someone I really know who wanted to be staff isn't even replying to us
I advise you not to talk crap behind others backs because that is kind of rude you should really keep your remarks to yourself but hey you don't have to take my advice i'm just saying.
Back to top Go down
AngelicFeather

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Make A .exe?   Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:05 am

... You never replied on Skype to my friend for a while. You said you'd add me on Steam, and I never got a friend request. So maybe if you'd like to apply for staff, you could at least make actual contact.

And I don't think it's really "behind others backs" if it's on a forums.
Back to top Go down
Koloso

Game username : Koloso
Female Posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Make A .exe?   Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:12 pm

Hello everyone. I'm the second friend that Angel brought up who joined the staff. Smile
I just wanted to mention that our problem has been solved (as of a few hours ago, actually), as I have figured out Angel's problem and successfully compiled IT and started up a working server for us to play on.
Back to top Go down
http://pawquest.boards.net/
Zilla

Game username : Zilla
Server : None
Female Posts : 102

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Make A .exe?   Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:36 pm

AngelicFeather wrote:
... You never replied on Skype to my friend for a while. You said you'd add me on Steam, and I never got a friend request. So maybe if you'd like to apply for staff, you could at least make actual contact.

I never have talked to you before or applied to be staff on your server, make sure you're talking the right person before making accusations.

Koloso wrote:
Hello everyone. I'm the second friend that Angel brought up who joined the staff. Smile
I just wanted to mention that our problem has been solved (as of a few hours ago, actually), as I have figured out Angel's problem and successfully compiled IT and started up a working server for us to play on.

I am glad you're problem has been solved and I wish you luck on you're server Smile
Back to top Go down
AngelicFeather

PostSubject: Re: How Do I Make A .exe?   Thu Aug 11, 2016 9:55 pm

Zilla wrote:
AngelicFeather wrote:

I never have talked to you before or applied to be staff on your server, make sure you're talking the right person before making accusations.

Koloso wrote:

I am glad you're problem has been solved and I wish you luck on you're server Smile

Oh my goodness, I'M SO SORRY! Both names started with a Z and I just thought it was them! Sorry about that. I feel terrible and stupid now. They also did end up friending on Steam I'm pretty sure, but still. I'm sorry about that, but thank you!
Back to top Go down

How Do I Make A .exe?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support :: Solved Support Issues-
Jump to: