HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Lions, wolves. Boo.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nefadozone

Game username : Nefadozone
Server : Fucko McShitpo
Male Posts : 176

PostLions, wolves. Boo.

I decided I'd post my meshing/game progress here so that I can have active feedback. I'm very excited for my own game only because it's been such a fun learning experience!

I say lions, wolves, dragons, and deer - but since this game takes place in the distant, very far away future there will be all kinds of crazy options in the character creation process. So much so that they won't be considered lions wolves dragons or deer.. if that makes sense. scratch

So here's my models so far. The wolf's forelegs will be completed today and hopefully he'll be textured by tonight! I would like to also explain my texturing process or make a speed-'paint' video. The dragon is legless so I won't be posting it yet.

Wolf:

Lion:

I use Blender and texture stenciling techniques, searching on google for LARGE images only so that the fur will be high-rez. Beyond that, I draw the details meticulously myself with Firealpaca/Medibang Paint. I prefer those programs due to their minimal memory costs, although they lack the features I need sometimes in Photoshop, the pen tool is quite smooth with my antiquated discount Wacom Bamboo.

There are a number of sacrifices I've had to make. Unfortunately, since I want the pelt to be all one piece, that means I either have to have a huge 2048x2048 image - or sacrifice detail for memory space. The head's packed UVs make the texture look a little blurry, but hopefully that won't be the main focus seeing as its incredibly easy to create beautiful things with UE4.

The pawpads are also nothing but textures on flat planes. I could use bump-mapping to make them look a little better in-game, but this was to save on memory costs. The wolf has a bit more polygons than the lion since I meshed it when I was on my meds.. and I have no idea why I put it together so unusually. Lol.

Thought these notes may help someone?

A summary of WM's theme:

This game takes place in the distant future, when our precious sun has finally started to die. There are no longer humans, for they have left to another galaxy to flee the sun's eventual death-throes. Under a pale blue sun there has been time for nature to reconstruct itself.. and evolve to unusual heights. Titanic beasts roam the world again, supported by mother Earth's rejuvenated oxygen-rich atmosphere. Concepts of carbon-based lifeforms alien to us are a commonplace.. basically my idea of what will happen to our planet in time.

The game is planned to be violent and gory, dark horror/macabre, target audience is 17+.

after we create a barren wasteland, then an iceage pursues, and humans wonder how their ancestors (us) were so selfish :]

The game is either going to be 'mmo-like' or instance based, like WQ. It'll depend on how I set up my database and how much it costs me to rent a server. pirat
Back to top Go down
http://wildmidnight.boards.net/
Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Lions, wolves. Boo. :: Comments

Re: Lions, wolves. Boo.
Post on Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:46 pm by Nefadozone
ok I don't know what's up with the image hoster built into forumotion on this site but here's some more progress, doing textures now. (the UV shown is not the complete UV Smile )

march 29th 2016:

Last edited by Nefadozone on Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post on Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:35 am by Nefadozone
march 29th 2016:

almost done, will finish textures tomorrow

Last edited by Nefadozone on Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post on Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:07 am by Centelleo
Oh god that last photo so cute jijigdfigdgd
Post on Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:32 pm by Nefadozone
march 30th 2016:

Post on Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:58 pm by Witacha
i love your style of modeling
so amazing
luve it !
Post on Wed Mar 30, 2016 9:01 pm by Witacha
double posting lel sorry

would
be
so
freaking
cool to have a dragon
to play because dragon are cool and this is so rare that a game allows you to play as a dragon :v

k i'm stupid your planning on doing the dragon (just re-read the post xd) :v luve you <3
Post on Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:53 pm by Nefadozone
Spoiler:

Slowly making progress on getting all of these into IT.. only trouble I'm having is figuring out how shapekeys can be integrated just like regular animations.
Post on Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:17 pm by Darc
If you need help retexturing I'd be happy to work on that, or markings. C:
Post on Thu Apr 14, 2016 6:46 pm by Kawoie
All of the sexy.
Post on Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:00 pm by InsertName
Very awesome!! Look at that, I love how different this is, looks very successful thus far!!
Post  by Sponsored content

Lions, wolves. Boo.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: Blog Pages :: Meshers blog pages-
Jump to: