HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Reducing Polys/Tri's for Game Items and Models

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zilla

Game username : Zilla
Server : None
Female Posts : 102

PostSubject: Reducing Polys/Tri's for Game Items and Models   Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:58 am

Hello,

Okay so I have 2 questions that I kind of need help with.

Question 1: When creating a model for IT I have run into a small problem when attempting to animate it, the poly count is very high on it in my opinion but I am not sure how many polys would be a good adverage for the model, here is a picture of it so you can get an idea of how it looks.

Spoiler:

(Model created by my friend Frost)

Question 2: Since we use sculptris to create some of our models to add slight deails to the models, how do you lower poly's on a model?
Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™

Server : Dragon's Den
Male Posts : 729

PostSubject: Re: Reducing Polys/Tri's for Game Items and Models   Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:52 am

The poly count on most IT characters bodies is around 10,000 polys or 6,000 vertices. That is the body only. For prey it's best to keep it low as possible. We have some prey around 2,000 poly count but for more impressive prey we try to limit it to 10,000 (equivalent to another player in the same dim) So that's for Boss Prey. Watch out for trees, buildings and other scenery. That all adds up to poly overload. ObeyTheFist and I have just finished a remake of Jungle. The original Jungle map had 25,000 low poly random trees. Our Jungle map became unplayable above 3,000 trees and plants due to the other stuff in the map.

Sculptris is not designed for game play meshes. You can convert to obj and I think AC3D has a poly reduction option. There are several other programs around. Adding any detail to a mesh increases poly count. You are better with a lesser blob and some fancy texturing.
Back to top Go down
Zilla

Game username : Zilla
Server : None
Female Posts : 102

PostSubject: Re: Reducing Polys/Tri's for Game Items and Models   Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:13 pm

Thank you for the response lazyzim! This helps a lot
Back to top Go down

Reducing Polys/Tri's for Game Items and Models
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support :: Solved Support Issues-
Jump to: