HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Help with Errors after adding new ColourValue

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Slain Motionless

Game username : The-Hunted
Server : Aroessa
Female Posts : 431

PostSubject: Help with Errors after adding new ColourValue   Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:10 pm

Code:
1>src\client\src\MagixCampaignManager.cpp(148): error C2661: 'MagixUnit::setColours' : no overloaded function takes 11 arguments
 34 IntelliSense: no instance of overloaded function "MagixUnit::setColours" matches the argument list
            argument types are: (Ogre::ColourValue, Ogre::ColourValue, Ogre::ColourValue, Ogre::ColourValue, Ogre::ColourValue, Ogre::ColourValue, Ogre::ColourValue, Ogre::ColourValue, Ogre::ColourValue, Ogre::ColourValue, Ogre::ColourValue)
            object type is: MagixUnit c:\Users\Admin\Desktop\kito\src\client\src\MagixCampaignManager.cpp 148 9 game

I've followed the tutorial and fixed my main error I kept getting. Is this perhaps caused by the separation of files in 6.0?
I have made it to where the MagixUnit.cpp and MagixUnit.h match with the functions, but now the line:
Code:
shadow->setColours
Is throwing said error.
All I did was add the new ColourValue.

Help?
Back to top Go down
http://aroessa.proboards.com
Delete me.
Coder
Coder

Male Posts : 353

PostSubject: Re: Help with Errors after adding new ColourValue   Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:47 am

Did you only add one new ColourValue?
What do your definitions for setColours look like?

There should be one "extra" value in the line for the shadow...
It should match MAX_COLOURS, which should be +1 from how many colours are in the character creation process (not counting for 0).
Back to top Go down
Slain Motionless

PostSubject: Re: Help with Errors after adding new ColourValue   Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:25 am

Code:
if (unit)unit->setColours(StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[1]), StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[2]), StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[3]),
               StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[4]), StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[5]), StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[6]), StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[7]),
               StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[8]), StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[9]), StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[10]),
               (tPart.size() >= 12 ? StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[11]) : ColourValue()), (tPart.size() >= 13 ? StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[12]) : ColourValue()));

MAX_COLOURS was bumped +1 for the added value. And I did add one new value to the shadow line.
Back to top Go down
Nakti
®
®

Game username : Nakti
Server : World of Pandora
Female Posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: Help with Errors after adding new ColourValue   Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:38 am

Did you add ColourValue(0,0,0) (or another colour) to the function in the line that has this error?
Back to top Go down
Delete me.
Coder
Coder

Male Posts : 353

PostSubject: Re: Help with Errors after adding new ColourValue   Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:02 am

The only thing I can think of is there being an issue with void setColours in MagixUnit.h...
It doesn't seem to register an error no matter what values/lack thereof you toss into this line:
Code:
void setColours(const ColourValue &pelt, const ColourValue &underfur, const ColourValue &mane, const ColourValue &nose, const ColourValue &eyeTop, const ColourValue &eyeBot, const ColourValue &ears, const ColourValue &tailtip, const ColourValue &eyes, const ColourValue &wing, const ColourValue &marking);

But the error will appear either way in CampaignManager if either this ^ or the ColourValue for the shadows aren't matching.
Back to top Go down
Slain Motionless

PostSubject: Re: Help with Errors after adding new ColourValue   Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:57 am

I added a new Shadow Value.

Will try Ruby's fix.

EDIT: Pretty sure I have fixed it by going on a wing. I added an extra(in addition to my already added shadow) to the line.

Now I have a missing color option in the creator. Eye R is missing but Eye L shows. It only creates a ring around the pupil even with the mats set. :B It's gonna be a loooooong day.
Back to top Go down
Slain Motionless

PostSubject: Re: Help with Errors after adding new ColourValue   Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:30 pm

Quote :
Now I have a missing color option in the creator. Eye R is missing but Eye L shows. It only creates a ring around the pupil even with the mats set. :B It's gonna be a loooooong day.

Still haven't found a way to resolve this. Any suggestions?
Back to top Go down
Nakti
®
®

PostSubject: Re: Help with Errors after adding new ColourValue   Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:52 pm

Looks like you didn't modify this.
Code:
while (colourPartID == 9 && wingID == 0 || colourPartID == 2 && maneID == 0 && tuftID == 0 || colourPartID == 10 && bodyMarkID == 0 && headMarkID == 0 && tailMarkID == 0);
at line near 187 in MagixCharScreenManager.cpp (in source v6; in v5 it might be in MagixCharScreenManager.h on another line).

As I see, in original IT if you have no wings, it will not show the 9th colour choice; it might be the missing eye colour.
When you add wings or markings, do you have the needed window?

The materials might have wrong masks; can you show what's wrong with them?
Back to top Go down
Slain Motionless

PostSubject: Re: Help with Errors after adding new ColourValue   Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:54 pm

Not sure how well it can be seen, but there is a blue ring around the pupil and outside of the eye.

Will look at that line you showed.

EDIT: Yeah, everything is there.
Code:
while (colourPartID == 9 && wingID == 0 || colourPartID == 2 && maneID == 0 && tuftID == 0 || colourPartID == 10 && bodyMarkID == 0 && headMarkID == 0 && tailMarkID == 0);

Should the counts be upped by one? Cause all the needed color fields are there but my second eye value.
Back to top Go down
Nakti
®
®

PostSubject: Re: Help with Errors after adding new ColourValue   Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:20 pm

This might be a mistake with masks or program.

If you added second eye before the mane, increase all values; if between mane and wings, increase only wings and markings.
Back to top Go down
Slain Motionless

PostSubject: Re: Help with Errors after adding new ColourValue   Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:53 pm

I fixed it. Turns out, my masks were acting funny, so I had to manually edit them in Photoshop.
Works now~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help with Errors after adding new ColourValue   

Back to top Go down

Help with Errors after adding new ColourValue
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support :: Solved Support Issues-
Jump to: