HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

What does anybody even look for in an animal game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nefadozone

Game username : Nefadozone
Server : Fucko McShitpo
Male Posts : 176

PostSubject: What does anybody even look for in an animal game?   Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:58 pm

Before I type this up, let me make myself clear:
do not doubt me, this is a serious project:

Ahem.. anyways, this is my question for all y'all. What does anybody even want in an animal game? Do they want to survive, do they want clothes and crazy items like Animaljam, do they want realistic items, do they want weapons even? Does it even make sense to have a buster sword floating above your back? Do they want particles exploding from every orfice?

Do they want a story?

Do they want to hunt monsters??

Do they want the powers of based Cthulu to inflict +15 sec bleed to all foes within range when they press 5 assuming they're a Necromancer??

Here's my incomplete mesh. Bessie, the buttgender lion.

Bustling with shapekeys that Unreal supports, but Unity doesn't. Cool efforts, wasted.

Not showing the teen-mane because it's not textured yet.

But seriously, I have no idea where else to turn. I'm not turning to FH to ask this. What the hell does anybody even want out of an animal game. It seems that people either want it to be about survival and realism, or the exact opposite and extremely unrealistic character creation.

Here's my vote, a game where you meme.
Back to top Go down
http://wildmidnight.boards.net/
Witacha
3D Modeler
3D Modeler

Game username : Witacha
Server : Land Of The Wolves(Owner)
Female Posts : 1198

PostSubject: Re: What does anybody even look for in an animal game?   Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:44 pm

I would very be pleased to see a game about an open world where you can explore and go everywhere you would like to with no limits.

With quests,armors and different type of capacity like usual MMORPG but with animals
that goes with dragons and reptiles or something like that.

I think the game that everyone would very like to see is a game about dragons :v
but if it's a game about lions and stuff a savannah life would be great with a story behind it

Just an idea :3
Cool model btw <3
Back to top Go down
http://witacha-asukata.deviantart.com/
Nefadozone

PostSubject: Re: What does anybody even look for in an animal game?   Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:18 pm

Maybe I could incorporate a story, where animals could use magic/runes/some shit where they've been granted the power of the gods. (see the lion guard: return of the roar (don't actually see it unless you want to hate the lion king and cry yourself to sleep every time you see a flash animation))

Where they could become mythological beasts, giving a reason to let players morph into dragons or gryphons or hippogryphs or whatever pixels fly out of my fingertips. You've now given me an idea Wit, and thank you for the complement.  Surprised  Surprised  Surprised  Surprised

I wish that Spyro MMORPG became something, what a fucking shame! They would've been in the money, that's for sure. But hey, we can't all ..make highly profitable games? -looks at all other highly profitable, highly overdone genres-

------------------looks at roguelikes and dungeon crawlers--------------------

Oh.

So there can be multiplayer dinosaur games, but not multiplayer animal or dragon games yet and it's 2015 going on 2016? Can someone please tell an AAA publisher to round up a bunch of prog vets to milk the animal mmo genre? And yes, I do know about that very, very muddy alpha dragon game on Steam. I'm not putting a smidget of investment into it until I see it look less like a secondlife sandbox.
Back to top Go down
GlaciaTheWolf
®
®

Game username : Glacia, GlaciaIceWolf, GlaciaTheWolf
Server : Canis lupus (Owner/creator) DD (member)
Female Posts : 977

PostSubject: Re: What does anybody even look for in an animal game?   Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:04 pm

I like the concept of Impressive title (hunting and collecting items) but i also look for open worlds, realism, quests maybe a little story. And itd be nice to see different species to play as.
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist

™

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Server : Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 512

PostSubject: Re: What does anybody even look for in an animal game?   Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:32 am

For me the thing that makes me want to play a game over and over is the ability to roam freely and explore the lands/skies. I love just cruising, taking things in at my own pace. I don't like being limited by set pathways and I hate having to be forced to complete quests to proceed.

However I don't mind the idea of quests themselves as long as you get the option to do them when you like and they're not all actually 100% necessary to complete the game.

So, a big open world, scenery to explore, some NPCs to interact with and...

The idea of a story behind it greatly appeals to me. I wrote a backstory for Dragon's Den and am still writing backstories for certain things. It just adds that extra element to things.

I also like Wit's idea. What people seem to really want is an animal game more focused on fantasy like dragons and gryphons (that doesn't cost you money each month!). Aro'Kai was a promising prospect for such but it has sadly not progressed for a while.

When it comes to the playable characters then I will say that character customisation is a must - either by different body part models, size sliders or a combination of both. People like to express themselves in their characters, so the more customisation the better.

I love the idea you have of a speed scaler for run. I also think you should go with the skid-stop animation! ;P If you can work it in, I think the scaler could work with a walk/trot/run depending on what part of the scale you hit. (If you've ever played Okami then you should know what I mean) Say you will walk until you hit 0.2-0.3 on the speed scale, then you'll start trotting and you'll trot faster until you hit 0.6 or something where you break into a run that also speeds up until you hit whatever you designate as MAX.

As for the animation transitions... I do know that most games have them to create a smoother look/feel and to help separate the other animations such as idlesit and idlestand. If you think you can get away without transitions then you can try, but I certainly wouldn't rule them out.

Well I hope this helps. ^^;

~Obey~
Back to top Go down
http://dragonsden.freeforums.net
Nefadozone

PostSubject: Re: What does anybody even look for in an animal game?   Fri Dec 11, 2015 5:01 pm

Love these ideas too!

Spoiler:

Mesh is pretty much complete forever other than lacking lip bones and animations for scaling tweaks. I really would rather have those be handled by shape keys if I can figure something out, since I could control each and every vertex involved. (like nose, width, paw size.. etc, things like that) I will come back in a few days to check in here. Thanks everyone.

And I agree, I spend a lot of time in open world games just exploring and looking at things. Scenery is extremely important other than character creation, so I guess those will be my main focuses other than combat and smart AI.
Back to top Go down

What does anybody even look for in an animal game?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Off-Topic-
Jump to: