HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

DragonSoul Forum has been hacked.. and guess who by...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
TheWolfLover88

Game username : TheWolfLover88
Server : Dragon Soul
Female Posts : 211

PostSubject: DragonSoul Forum has been hacked.. and guess who by...   Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:15 am

Yes..
I come home from a stressful day at school...
and get this.. all over my Forum

Jackwhist...

The forum is down for now...
Idk what the heck to do.
Could I have a hand?

I'm freaking out...
Back to top Go down
JBRWolf
Coder
Coder

Game username : JBRWolf
Male Posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: DragonSoul Forum has been hacked.. and guess who by...   Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:49 am

Go to Admin > Security > Security Log to see who made the changes(who's account got hacked). If it's someone you know temporarily demote them/remove their forum privileges until they change their password. If it's 'you' change your password immediately. Once you've done this you can go ahead and fix the changes the 'hacker' made, if you're lucky like one of the servers I work for, they may have only changed a couple of things.
Back to top Go down
TheWolfLover88

Game username : TheWolfLover88
Server : Dragon Soul
Female Posts : 211

PostSubject: Re: DragonSoul Forum has been hacked.. and guess who by...   Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:14 am

JBRWolf wrote:
Go to Admin > Security > Security Log to see who made the changes(who's account got hacked). If it's someone you know temporarily demote them/remove their forum privileges until they change their password. If it's 'you' change your password immediately. Once you've done this you can go ahead and fix the changes the 'hacker' made, if you're lucky like one of the servers I work for, they may have only changed a couple of things.

Thank you.
I decided to make a new forum for only my admins/staff and people I can trust.
Do you have any ideas on how to keep my forum safe?
Like passwording it so only people can enter if they have a password?
Back to top Go down
Tsezar

Server : Aoi Tenshi
Male Posts : 466

PostSubject: Re: DragonSoul Forum has been hacked.. and guess who by...   Thu Nov 12, 2015 2:46 pm

The same background I have too. If your forum was hacked by any person from your staff, then make "admin" button vissible only to you.
Go to Admin -> Member group and there will be button "staff" - yes, change it to "no" and edit "power"(what they can do on your forum).
But I don't think, that that hack was by person from your staff.
Back to top Go down
https://tsezar-h.deviantart.com
VerserA

Game username : Allen (or VerserA)
Server : Impressive Space
Female Posts : 108

PostSubject: Re: DragonSoul Forum has been hacked.. and guess who by...   Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:07 pm

Of course!
Ever Cal use my screenshots for all hacked forums -_- Because my photos in VK page is open (I should restrict access to the overview.)
She do it many times.
You do not know how to lie, Cal.
Every cheater will never reveal themselves in their deeds. But you ever showed his name...your acts now like already created deja vu, ready scenario. It becomes boring, bc now who know that it's you,  understand this and not allow ourselves to confuse yourself...You hope that there is someone who sees this situation for the first time...Who afraid to horror...Who got panic...It is so vile, Cal. You're very dreadful man, and I really hope that you will be punished to the full rigor, for all that you've done this year for all.
Back to top Go down
https://vk.com/allenverser
Centelleo
Banned

Game username : Centelleo
Server : Foreign Entity
Female Posts : 329

PostSubject: Re: DragonSoul Forum has been hacked.. and guess who by...   Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:14 pm

Just to add onto what VerserA said (And I'm aware I'm slightly off topic) I'm starting to believe that Jackwhist was impersonated By Cal, as last night 'Cal' hacked Arzulent's Skype account and spent hours tormenting Jack as he was in her contacts and asking if his gf was dead yet. 
So unless this is another set up..

I don't even know anymore ok.
Back to top Go down
http://taleofmervian.tk
ЩΛЯ

Game username : ThisIsWar
Server : Eclipse
Female Posts : 373

PostSubject: Re: DragonSoul Forum has been hacked.. and guess who by...   Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:14 pm

Oh wow, it happended to us too.. the only difference is that ours got hacked on November the 2nd or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DragonSoul Forum has been hacked.. and guess who by...   

Back to top Go down

DragonSoul Forum has been hacked.. and guess who by...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Announcements-
Jump to: