HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Production Designer / Art Director

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 379

PostSubject: Production Designer / Art Director   Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:05 pm

About the game:

Myatar Legends is an atypical Impressive Title based server. Focusing much more heavily on roleplay, character design, and exploration. Players can expect to find a larger variety of customization options and a distinct lack of items/hunting. Future updates to the game, some already in progress, include full utilization of the body selector for canine and plantigrade mammals (among other unsolidified options). All maps will be larger, expansive environments with many distinct areas both hidden and not to encourage exploration beyond the default terrain.

The game also features the rudamentary form of pvp. It is currently available to attack any player in any map. As well as extra skills which can inflict more harm than the standard fighting attacks. There are still a few bugs involved but they are purely visual in nature.

Past:

The game has been in production since 2012, and was online for a short period between summer 2013 and the end of 2014. During this time, user-count was around 20 or so active accounts while the forum itself had a few hundred registered accounts. During peak days, maximum login might have only reached about 5-10 players.

Since the servers unfortunate demise (unavoidable and unfortunate series of events for our the  host, I hope things have started looking better for them), interest has not waned and the forums registered user count has exploded to 1823. A new host was located, however connections to the server itself are still in waiting.

As of today (November 4th, 2015), the game remains offline and coding changes are still taking place to improve the game itself.

The job:

As production designer, your role involves:
-providing assistance and insight necessary in setteling current and future issues with theme and graphic design.
-making sure the art used within the game is consistant to the theme and overall feel of the game.
-if aplicable, providing finished textures that maintain the theme and feel of the game. (not a necessity, optional)

The pay-off:

I'm sorry, but this is a non-paying or trade-based position. And while it is a staff position, all staff on ML (including myself) are non-visible. It comes with no privledges, perks, or even auroras. Part of this is because of the no items/hunting aspect of the game, part of this is a personal dislike of staff privledges in general. Proper credits will always be involved, no matter what. And, hopefully, with you help they can be included in an asthetically pleasing way to the main game-play itself. (like a wall object/texture or some such....)

As for trade, I can only offer what is currently within my skill set. This includes:
-rigging and animating critters
-rigging and positioning items
-some coding changes (typically the more simple things like gui, animations, creation screen selectors, etc)

Requirements:

Aside from what was already listed, I'm also looking for someone who:
-is friendly, patient, and can handle a little light-hearted joking(borderline spam in some cases. my appologies to past "victims" lol)
-is a dedicated worker when it counts (i am just as guilty of procrastination as the next person, maybe moreso, but even i understand a necessity to get things done in a reasonable time)
-is not underaged. I don't feel personally that age and maturity go hand in hand, but the game itself features content that may not be suitable for children under 15-17 depending on region. (also, I'll be 30 in a few months and it weirds me out a little talikng about those aspects with teenagers.....)(oh god im so friggin old save me....)

If you are interested in this position or just want more information, you can respond to this post or you may send me a private message. I'll let you use your judgement on how best to display your abilities to me. In the very least, you should provide: name/username/preffered name, skype name (only via pm), and a refferance of some type.

Thank you for having a look, and have a good day.

Last edited by Hamilton on Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:11 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : spellin....and forgot something...oops...)
Back to top Go down
-INACTIVE-
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Male Posts : 447

PostSubject: Re: Production Designer / Art Director   Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:28 pm

This job looks very interesting,as well as ML. But,as I read,it will be a little bit wierd for you,to talk about this aspects with teenagers (yush,I'm young kiddo).

I just have one,small question; Will ML stay as Roleplay only server,or you want to add some new aspects (preys/items)?

I just saw one/two let's plays from Sly's channel,so I'm not really sure,if you have any preys or no
Back to top Go down
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 379

PostSubject: Re: Production Designer / Art Director   Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:06 am

It is a future plan to add a danger element to exploring in certain maps. Critters which have an agro switch so that they attack players as soon as they spawn. I suppose this could be lumped into hunting in general. Though, at this time, the only reward for killing them will be rarer pvp skills. (oh shoot, i forgot to mention that all the maps allow for pvp battling....)

Aannndd I focused on only one part of the question, sorry. So unprofesional....

At the moment, it is not planned to have the game stray away from roleplaying. I am not sure of anything that could be added into the gameplay that wouldn't result in a loss of the roleplay aspect, actually...lol
Back to top Go down
Nefadozone

Game username : Nefadozone
Server : Fucko McShitpo
Male Posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: Production Designer / Art Director   Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:38 am

I'm interested. I am busy with my server but when my next update goes out I'll have some free time as I need to work on some long term programming goals and a store on Second Life. I appreciate the aspects of this server and would like to give some of my time to assisting art direction and what not.

A server that doesn't focus on items would be very fun to help with, I apologize to the other servers I promised work to but I just don't have enough time for full fledged 'everythinging'. tongue
Back to top Go down
http://wildmidnight.boards.net/
-INACTIVE-
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Male Posts : 447

PostSubject: Re: Production Designer / Art Director   Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:53 am

Hamilton wrote:
It is a future plan to add a danger element to exploring in certain maps. Critters which have an agro switch so that they attack players as soon as they spawn. I suppose this could be lumped into hunting in general. Though, at this time, the only reward for killing them will be rarer pvp skills. (oh shoot, i forgot to mention that all the maps allow for pvp battling....)

Aannndd I focused on only one part of the question, sorry. So unprofesional....

At the moment, it is not planned to have the game stray away from roleplaying. I am not sure of anything that could be added into the gameplay that wouldn't result in a loss of the roleplay aspect, actually...lol

Thank you for answer,I was just curious.
I like to work on aspects like you have on server,but I think you are not looking for person like me.
Good luck with ML,and also,good luck Nefadozone (:
Back to top Go down

Production Designer / Art Director
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Help Wanted-
Jump to: