HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

i need to remove a box....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 379

PostSubject: i need to remove a box....   Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:10 pm

After several hours of trial and error, I managed to change around the GUI for the character creation pages. yay!

not yay.

Spoiler:

See the area I've conveniently marked in red? Obviously, that's were the selectors used to be located. The box, however...is STILL there. I made it invisible so that everything would look nice, but it IS still there. Trust me on this.

And because it's still there, it is causing one teeny little problem...

That entire space cannot be clicked on! Does it need to be clicked on? kinda....kinda. You see, instinctively, you grab the character when you want to spin it or zoom in on it's face. Well...with this invisible box in the way, you can't click on all of the character. only it's bum. And pretty much ANYWHERE except for inside that box.

So...I would very much like to REMOVE the box (and...hopefully not mess up my beautiful GUI in the process) or at least make it smaller or...not in the way or at least still allow for clicking and rotating the character.....

So if you could lead me to the right area of code....or maybe have an example I can semi-violently smash into my mess...that'd be pretty darn swell of ya.

I've tried working with the overlay file itself, and all that does is screw up everything, including the character select page. I'd like to only screw up the character creation pages XD But I guess if that is revealed as my only option...a few more hours might not kill me....

pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease i want it working perfectly so bad i might just explode D8

smallish update:

i tried resizing the box. that worked. yay! notyay. the cursor for text input is linked to the box. smaller box = no text input. oh dear....
Back to top Go down
Hyper
Admin

Game username : Hyper
Server : Azoptaos
Male Posts : 487

PostSubject: Re: i need to remove a box....   Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:30 pm

go into your gui overlay

GUIOverlay/CharScreen

this is the part you're trying to edit. you'll notice that GUIMat/StartScreen is attached to this box. that's the thing you're trying to remove

you can't remove the box itself without removing all the other elements because all of those elements are within that container

your best bet would be to resize the charscreen container, which, i warn you, does mess up the layout of everything

that's all i could get from it anyway

PostSubject: Re: i need to remove a box....   Sun Aug 23, 2015 9:55 pm

*nods* redeye pointed that area out to me earlier. moving the box does skew the layout, but resizing it does not. however *points to edited last line in first post* changing the size has a nasty habit of moving the input field/cursor for "name: ". Making it impossible to name your character. this is, all around, a very peculiar predicament....
Back to top Go down
Hyper
Admin

Game username : Hyper
Server : Azoptaos
Male Posts : 487

PostSubject: Re: i need to remove a box....   Sun Aug 23, 2015 10:19 pm

OH, sorry, didn't see your edit

hmm. the name input field is part of that container, so it does make sense that it'd mess up

perhaps make a new element outside of charscreen's container, then add it to the showCharScreenOverlay so it acts as if it's a part of it?

then just modify it here

Code:
      if (mHoverWindow == mBox[GUI_CHARSCREENBOX])   //enter character name
      {
         if (isCursorOverButton(mBoxText[GUI_CHARSCREENBOX]))
            toggleInputMode(false, mBoxText[GUI_CHARSCREENBOX], "Name: ", 15, false, mCharScreenManager->getName(), false);
         return;
      }

and such? (haven't actually tested any of this myself, I'm just throwing out ideas of what might work. If I'm not being helpful just let me know aha)

PostSubject: Re: i need to remove a box....   Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:16 pm

Yeah, I'd considered doing that....and after looking everything over...was too scared to XD

I guess this can be closed up. I didn't really resolve the original issue. I just said "fook it" and moved/resized that stupid box anyways. Moving all that stuff again is a pain in the arse but at least there won't be any weird errors to fuss about. u.u;

If anyone else out there feels as ridiculously adventurous as I did...I have just one piece of advice:

move the fooking box. it's a little more work but a little less trouble. just move it and move on u.u;;;;;
Back to top Go down

i need to remove a box....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support-
Jump to: