HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Cloud
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Game username : Cloud, Daydream
Server : None
Female Posts : 614

PostSubject: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:07 pm

First topic message reminder :

Okay, so whenever you have a character with marking colors other than black, if you scroll past it after creation and then go back, the marking color will be black. Same with restarting, etc. I added dual eyes and body selector. Is there any way I could fix this without having to remove dual eyes and body selector?

Solved, found the error

Last edited by Cloud on Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Cloud
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:11 am

I'm confused as to what you're asking me on that first line. I've posted all the dual eyes code I did in the source, excluding the program and material files etc.

Here is my character file with the markings colored:
Code:
Calu;Body;Head2;Mane9;Tail1;Wings4;CustomMat;Tuft6;4;4;4|0 0 0 1;0 0 0 1;0 0 1 1;0.019 0.019 1 1;1 1 1 1;0 0 1 1;0 0 1 1;0 0 1 1;0 0 1 1;0 1 0 1;1 1 1 1;0 0 1 1
ok,0 0 1

And then the character file after a restart/character scroll etc
Code:
Calu;Body;Head2;Mane9;Tail1;Wings4;CustomMat;Tuft6;4;4;4|0 0 0 1;0 0 0 1;0 0 1 1;0.019 0.019 1 1;1 1 1 1;0 0 1 1;0 0 1 1;0 0 1 1;0 0 1 1;0 1 0 1;1 1 1 1;0 0 1 1
ok,0 0 1

They're the same. But if I try to edit the character in the editor after I switch back and forth the marking color says it's black.
Back to top Go down
Nakti
®
®

Game username : Nakti
Server : World of Pandora
Female Posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:02 am

I don't understand, my English is too bad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad When you create character, file is ok? When you reload the character, is character ok? When you edit character, is it ok?
When does the error itself occur?

There's part in MagixCharScreenManager::reset()
Code:
colourVal[11]=ColourValue(0,0,0);//markings
Try do
Code:
colourVal[11]=ColourValue(0.5,0.5,1);//markings
Will you still have black colour when editing?

You know it's hard to locate an error without seeing code. You have error with markings, that's why I need everything connected to them.
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:57 am

The file is the same before and after the error. The error occurs after creating the character, and then you scroll forward to another character and back. The markings are black. They do not save. I can't post any code at the moment I'm on my phone and won't be able to access my computer today.

And it's fine c:
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:36 am

Bumping, I have more time now so I can check in more often.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   

Back to top Go down

Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support :: Solved Support Issues-
Jump to: