HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Cloud
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Game username : Cloud, Daydream
Server : None
Female Posts : 614

PostSubject: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Mon Aug 10, 2015 11:07 pm

Okay, so whenever you have a character with marking colors other than black, if you scroll past it after creation and then go back, the marking color will be black. Same with restarting, etc. I added dual eyes and body selector. Is there any way I could fix this without having to remove dual eyes and body selector?

Solved, found the error

Last edited by Cloud on Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ruuqo (Shado)

Game username : ShadoWolfozo

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:52 am

You need to delete character files and make absolute sure that all the codes are correct and added in the right places.

The problem is that it is not leaving a three digit spot for your new colours and is being overridden by "nothing" when it is re-loaded because there's nothing telling it to add additional digits to save another colour.

I can not point out the code locations or how to fix it because I am not on my computer, but the same thinghappened to me when I added dual eyes and multi coloured markings.

The error is fixable you just have to find where it is in the source Smile it'll be as simple as something small missing or spelt wrong.
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:20 am

The dual eyes work though. I'll check over the code again.
Back to top Go down
Ruuqo (Shado)

Game username : ShadoWolfozo

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Tue Aug 11, 2015 2:56 pm

Then you must have changed a value somewhere that was meant for the markings.
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:25 pm

Alright. I'll see if I can find it.
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:48 pm

Okay, sorry for the double post but here's all the code I added for dual eyes. I wouldn't be able to figure out where the error is because I'm not a coder and rely heavily on tutorials.

In MagixCharScreenManager

Is this faulty? I did fix a few things and most of my values go from 0 to 11, which is 12 of them.
Code:
}while(colourPartID==10 && wingID==0  || colourPartID==3 && maneID==0&&tuftID==0 || colourPartID==10 && bodyMarkID==0&&headMarkID==0&&tailMarkID==0);

I feel like this is faulty because I didn't really understand what to do when I was at this point.

Also, this line:
Code:
shadow->setColours(ColourValue(0,0,0),ColourValue(0,0,0),ColourValue(0,0,0),ColourValue(0,0,0),ColourValue(0,0,0),ColourValue(0,0,0),ColourValue(0,0,0),ColourValue(0,0,0),ColourValue(1,1,1),ColourValue(0,0,0),ColourValue(0,0,0),ColourValue(0,0,0));

All of my other values go up to 12 so I'm not really sure what's wrong.
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:52 pm

Sorry for the triple post, but bumping. C:
Back to top Go down
Gr@y Sca!e

Game username : Gr@y Sca!e or Grey Scale
Server : YL-Owner
Male Posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Wed Aug 12, 2015 11:59 pm

ill look into it idk never messed with this.

what file exactly I'll let you know
Back to top Go down
Nakti
®
®

Game username : Nakti
Server : World of Pandora
Female Posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Thu Aug 13, 2015 9:18 am

Why colourpartid for wings and for markings are the same? 10
in the While.

Check if you have the same numbers for markings colours and wing colours in every place of source, and check if you place colours in colourstring in right order.
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:18 pm

The colourstrings should be fine becausec the build doesn't fail. But there might be an issue with the While code? Alright, I'll look into it
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:23 pm

Okay, I'm really lost on this. I changed the colourPartID for the markings to 11, and then I checked all the other colourstrings and I still can't find the issue. The markings are still resetting. I can post all the dual eyes changes I've made to my compile if needed.
Back to top Go down
Vιrus
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Game username : Virus
Server : Miskai
Female Posts : 486

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:22 pm

Bump.
Back to top Go down
Hyper
Admin

Game username : Hyper
Server : Azoptaos
Male Posts : 483

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:59 pm

you've set it to read the wrong colourval/it's saving wrong

Texture Artist
Texture Artist

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:45 pm

I have noticed that the build is compiling only game and saying the others are up to date. I will look into the colourvals but I'm pretty positive they're correct, all go up to 12.
Back to top Go down
Nakti
®
®

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:53 am

In the .character file there are all 12 values? Or only 11? Are there black colours?
Can you post the getcolourstring and setcolours functions?
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Sat Aug 15, 2015 12:10 pm

Yes, the character file's marking colors are black. There are 12 values for the colors.

In MagixCharScreenManager, the mUnit->setColours
Code:
mUnit->setColours(colourVal[0],colourVal[1],colourVal[2],colourVal[3],colourVal[4],colourVal[5],colourVal[6],colourVal[7],colourVal[8],colourVal[9],colourVal[10],colourVal[11]);

And in MagixUnit I'm assuming this is the getColourString you're looking for
Code:
const String getColourString()
   {
      const Vector4 pelt = mBodyEnt->getSubEntity(0)->getCustomParameter(1);
      const Vector4 underfur = mBodyEnt->getSubEntity(0)->getCustomParameter(2);
      Vector4 mane = Vector4::ZERO;
      if(mManeEnt)mane = mManeEnt->getSubEntity(0)->getCustomParameter(1);
      else if(mTuftEnt)mane = mTuftEnt->getSubEntity(0)->getCustomParameter(1);
      const Vector4 nose = mHeadEnt->getSubEntity(0)->getCustomParameter(3);
      const Vector4 eyeTop = mHeadEnt->getSubEntity(0)->getCustomParameter(4);
      const Vector4 eyeBot = mHeadEnt->getSubEntity(0)->getCustomParameter(5);
      const Vector4 ears = mHeadEnt->getSubEntity(0)->getCustomParameter(7);
      const Vector4 tailtip = mTailEnt->getSubEntity(0)->getCustomParameter(2);
      const Vector4 eyeL = mHeadEnt->getSubEntity(2)->getCustomParameter(2);
      const Vector4 eyeR = mHeadEnt->getSubEntity(2)->getCustomParameter(3);
      Vector4 wing = Vector4::ZERO;
      if(mWingEnt)wing = mWingEnt->getSubEntity(0)->getCustomParameter(1);
      Vector4 marking = Vector4::ZERO;
      if(bodyMarkID!=0)marking = mBodyEnt->getSubEntity(0)->getCustomParameter(3);
      else if(headMarkID!=0)marking = mHeadEnt->getSubEntity(0)->getCustomParameter(8);
      else if(tailMarkID!=0)marking = mTailEnt->getSubEntity(0)->getCustomParameter(3);
Back to top Go down
Hyper
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:55 pm

in the getColourString you have it set to save only if there is a body marking. Do you have it set to load only 9 values if there are no markings? Is it set to load all 12 if there are 3 markings?

Texture Artist
Texture Artist

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Sat Aug 15, 2015 11:39 pm

Any character that has markings uses all 3 markings. The marking itself saves, but the color of the marking does not.

Everything else in the dual eyes code I added goes up to 12, so I'm assuming it's supposed to load all 12 with 3 markings.
If there are no markings then it should load 9. I could post all of the dual eyes code I added if needed.
Back to top Go down
Hyper
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:36 am

I know how it should work, but is that what it's set to do :B

it's easiest just to set it to save a black colour val in the char file even if the character has no markings. that way it always loads and saves 12 values and you avoid stuff like thid

Texture Artist
Texture Artist

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Sun Aug 16, 2015 12:58 am

Should I post what my character file looks like? Because I don't know where the error is in the code if everything says 12.

Code:
Calu;Body;Head2;Mane9;Tail1;Wings4;CustomMat;Tuft6;4;4;4|0 0 0 1;0 0 0 1;0 0 1 1;0.019 0.019 1 1;1 1 1 1;0 0 1 1;0 0 1 1;0 0 1 1;0 0 1 1;0 1 0 1;1 1 1 1;0 0 1 1
ok,0 0 1

Calu's markings are supposed to be blue, but they are black, as you can see the marking color code is 1 1 1 1.
Back to top Go down
Hyper
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:23 am

I don't know where the error is in the code if everything says 12.

that's what I'm saying. Everything isn't 12. You have it set to only save marking colours if you have a marking. You probably confused the parameter sets because now you can have 9, 10, 11, or 12 colours in the file

Texture Artist
Texture Artist

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Sun Aug 16, 2015 2:50 am

I'm a poor confused old lady

The marking colors don't save because even if there are markings the colors of the markings are reset.

I can't find where it's set to anything lower than 12. I'll post my code tomorrow when I'm on my computer again.
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:40 pm

Sorry for the double post, but I have a chance to post all my dual eyes code now.

MagixUnit
Spoiler:

MagixCharScreenManager
Spoiler:

MagixCampaignManager
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Nakti
®
®

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:52 am

Cloud wrote:
Sorry for the double post, but I have a chance to post all my dual eyes code now.

MagixUnit
Spoiler:

Post please the same for your marking colours. Or post the full functions you mentioned.

When you save the new/edited character, it has the "0 0 0" in file right after saving?
Back to top Go down
Cloud
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

PostSubject: Re: Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*   Thu Aug 20, 2015 12:11 am

I'm confused as to what you're asking me on that first line. I've posted all the dual eyes code I did in the source, excluding the program and material files etc.

Here is my character file with the markings colored:
Code:
Calu;Body;Head2;Mane9;Tail1;Wings4;CustomMat;Tuft6;4;4;4|0 0 0 1;0 0 0 1;0 0 1 1;0.019 0.019 1 1;1 1 1 1;0 0 1 1;0 0 1 1;0 0 1 1;0 0 1 1;0 1 0 1;1 1 1 1;0 0 1 1
ok,0 0 1

And then the character file after a restart/character scroll etc
Code:
ok,0 0 1

They're the same. But if I try to edit the character in the editor after I switch back and forth the marking color says it's black.
Back to top Go down

Marking color resets to black after restart or you browse past character *SOLVED*
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support :: Solved Support Issues-
Jump to: