HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Few Questions {SOLVED}

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KetsuNika

Game username : xKetsuNikax
Server : Forging Zero {Private Server} <Owner>
Female Posts : 172

PostSubject: Few Questions {SOLVED}   Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:25 pm

Okay, I have a few quick questions and I'll be on my way.

Firstly, it is possible to make campaigns savable? Like.. I mean savable as in saving your progress like in other Single Player games and such.

Secondly, what would I have to do (in a nutshell) if I made a new player model, like, I would have to rig and animate it, how would I do that, just simply put?

Thirdly, would I absolutely have to make the said model in Blender? Or could I make it in Maia, exe.

And lastly, would I have to make the model a special way, like, make the skeleton or something in some way so it's compatible with IT or is there no such thing as that and this is just a pointless/stupid question?

Few rather stupid questions that I kind of wanna know the answers to while I do a clean-up and update on Forging Zero.

Last edited by GlitCH on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Claire
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Game username : SoftMoon | MissDiealot
Server : Vaellerios (admin) | Lair of the Wolf (admin)
Female Posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions {SOLVED}   Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:38 pm

1.I'd like to know an answer too.

2.It really depends of what you want to do. For example if you'd like to mesh a new body you'd need to open magix2.blend, do your body and rig it with the original armature.

3.I think you can do models in Sculptris and import them in Blender to export it as a .XML/.MESH.

4.I'm not sure. You can use the armature from the original .blend(s) and rig your model after with those.
Back to top Go down
http://missdiealot.deviantart.com/
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 380

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions {SOLVED}   Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:41 pm

1) you can setup the campaign to have a savepoint at a specific spot/time within the campaign. However, there's no option to just manually save your progress. "SetCheckpoint" is the code. I think it only allows you to restart from that position if you die in the campaign, though. I'm note entirely sure if it holds your progress until the next time you run that specific campaign. It's...uh...been a while...lol

2)In a nutshell? you kind of already said yourself. it needs to be rigged and animated. Preferably with the animations named exactly the same as the existing body is set up. That will avoid most crashes. Once it's exported and converted, you can drop it into the game and remove the unwanted parts. (or overwrite them, excluding skeleton, the files should maintain the same names as the old files)

3) you can make the model itself in whichever program you want. However, the game is set-up to recognize the .mesh format. I'm not sure which all programs have that exporting capability besides Blender.

4) personally, i would just import what i'd made into the magix2.blend file and work from there. You can still edit that skeleton to fit your new body, and alter the existing animations so they look nicer. (it also has all the animations already in it, so...bonus points! you don't need to fuss with remembering every little animation.)

all in all: create body->import to blender magix2.blend file->fix up skeleton->rig/weightpaint->fix animations->export->convert->drop into game
Back to top Go down
Revaen
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Male Posts : 314

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions {SOLVED}   Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:41 pm

1.With the actual code source, no, it's not possible.If you program such feature and do something similar as the multiplayer, maybe.

2.Rig and Animate, of course.I am sure you want your models to move and can equip items, so, yes.

3.Blender 2.49b to export the models.You can use any other program to make them(if is compatible to importing with that Blender version), though.

4.I don't get your question at all.
IT(game itself) runs and handles better low-poly models.There's no a specific way to making a model, just make sure you have a Head, Body and tail for it(It reads these yes or yes).Make sure to have the same names for each Skeleton in your armature according the items.cfg, otherwise, trying equip/spawn items may not work properly because they may be reading a different bone than yours.There's no a specific rule for an amount of bones.If you make a dragon model that needs 10 more bones than default IT body, that's okay.However, you may need re-rig your items to fit with the new armature and the names for each bone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Few Questions {SOLVED}   

Back to top Go down

Few Questions {SOLVED}
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support :: Solved Support Issues-
Jump to: