HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Dual Eyes Error *SOLVED*

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Cloud
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Game username : Cloud, Daydream
Server : None
Female Posts : 614

PostSubject: Dual Eyes Error *SOLVED*   Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:21 pm

Currently trying to add dual eyes to my game. I've successfully done the body selector twice, so now I want to take a shot at dual eyes.

It's giving me these errors and I'm not exactly sure what's wrong:
Quote :
1>c:\users\owner\desktop\kito-5.5\kito-5.5\src\client\include\MagixCampaignManager.h(459): error C2064: term does not evaluate to a function taking 1 arguments
1>c:\users\owner\desktop\kito-5.5\kito-5.5\src\client\include\MagixCampaignManager.h(459): error C2661: 'MagixUnit::setColours' : no overloaded function takes 11 arguments

And this is the code for that area:
Code:
MagixUnit *unit = parseUnit(tPart[0]);
               if(unit)unit->setColours(StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[2]),StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[3]),StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[4]),
                                    StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[5]),StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[6]),StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[7]),
                                    StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[8]),StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[9]),StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[10]),StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[11])
                                    (tPart.size()>=11?StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[12]):ColourValue()),(tPart.size()>=12?StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[13]):ColourValue()));
I must've missed something here because that's the error it's giving me.

I also have another one of those MagixUnit::setColours errors that brings me to a different part of the code
Code:
mUnit->setColours(colourVal[0],colourVal[1],colourVal[2],colourVal[3],colourVal[4],colourVal[5],colourVal[6],colourVal[7],colourVal[8],colourVal[9],colourVal[10]);

It has something to do with my colour values but all I did was add colourVal[10] to the end. Did I misread something?

I also had another error but I cleared that one up on my own. Any help?

Last edited by Cloud on Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Slain Motionless

Game username : The-Hunted
Server : Aroessa
Female Posts : 431

PostSubject: Re: Dual Eyes Error *SOLVED*   Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:13 am

Did you do a search of the Eye's to see where else it needed separated? That's the issue I ran into with SL :B
Back to top Go down
http://aroessa.proboards.com
Cloud
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

PostSubject: Re: Dual Eyes Error *SOLVED*   Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:15 am

No, I didn't. I only went into the source files Hammy used so I assumed the other ones didn't need any modifications.
Back to top Go down
Slain Motionless

Game username : The-Hunted
Server : Aroessa
Female Posts : 431

PostSubject: Re: Dual Eyes Error *SOLVED*   Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:20 am

Also make sure you didn't copy directly from her tutorial. Hammy has more color options and variations then most servers do. Go to the documents and search them just to be safe and separate them as Hammy did.
Back to top Go down
http://aroessa.proboards.com
Hyper
Admin

Game username : Hyper
Server : Azoptaos
Male Posts : 489

PostSubject: Re: Dual Eyes Error *SOLVED*   Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:36 am

first error: first of all, your numbers aren't in order? lmao you're missing the first parameter

make sure you added to the tPart split and if statement too

second error: there's a mismatch in your definition of the function and the argument list. you don't have enough or have too many values in the function

Texture Artist
Texture Artist

PostSubject: Re: Dual Eyes Error *SOLVED*   Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:30 pm

No I did not copy Hammy's code.
I was a little confused about that first error yea. I'm still getting it, but I changed the numbers to this:

Code:
MagixUnit *unit = parseUnit(tPart[1]);
               if(unit)unit->setColours(StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[2]),StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[3]),StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[4]),
                                    StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[5]),StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[6]),StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[7]),
                                    StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[8]),StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[9]),StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[10]),StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[11])
                                    (tPart.size()>=12?StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[12]):ColourValue()),(tPart.size()>=13?StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[13]):ColourValue()));

I did manage to fix the second error. So it's just this one now.
Back to top Go down
VĪ¹rus
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Game username : Virus
Server : Miskai
Female Posts : 486

PostSubject: Re: Dual Eyes Error *SOLVED*   Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:29 pm

Bumping.
We want to get this problem fixed promptly so we can move onto other things, considering we have plans. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Hyper
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dual Eyes Error *SOLVED*   Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:21 pm

no need to bump, it hasn't even been a day and most people have no idea what they're doing when it comes to code

that's still wrong. you need a 0 param but you also need a 1. how many colours do you actually have total now? the colour string needs to match that number

Texture Artist
Texture Artist

PostSubject: Re: Dual Eyes Error *SOLVED*   Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:32 am

Do I only need to increase the (tPart[x]) by 1 on the first two lines? And then add one more? Because that's what I originally did, but it errored. Then I increased them for the bottom line, but that didn't work either. I'm just not sure what I'm supposed to do with this part, the last part. I added a 10 to the end. Should I add it to the bottom line instead?
Back to top Go down
Hyper
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Dual Eyes Error *SOLVED*   Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:37 am

assuming you only added one from the original value:

Code:
      else if (compare(cEvent[i].first, "Unit_SetColours"))
      {
         const vector<String>::type tPart = StringUtil::split(cEvent[i].second, ",", 12);
         if (tPart.size() >= 11)
         {
            MagixUnit *unit = parseUnit(tPart[0]);
            if (unit)unit->setColours(StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[1]), StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[2]), StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[3]),
               StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[4]), StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[5]), StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[6]),
               StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[7]), StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[8]), StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[9]),
               StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[10]),
               (tPart.size() >= 12 ? StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[11]) : ColourValue()), (tPart.size() >= 13 ? StringConverter::parseColourValue(tPart[12]) : ColourValue()));
         }
      }

Texture Artist
Texture Artist

PostSubject: Re: Dual Eyes Error *SOLVED*   Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:53 am

I originally upped all the counts by 1 and then added one at the end of the second line. I wasn't exactly sure what to do.

*SOLVED* Thank you Hyper!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dual Eyes Error *SOLVED*   

Back to top Go down

Dual Eyes Error *SOLVED*
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support :: Solved Support Issues-
Jump to: