HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

help with double markings[closed]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 380

PostSubject: help with double markings[closed]   Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:37 pm

This problem was not solved, however i've given up on completing it on my own. I clearly lack the knowledge to handle it. Time to save up some money u.u;

(it wasn't even the code itself that was preventing the game from running. turns out, it was the magixmod etc files. IT, you never cease to confuse me!)

So...I got woken up way too early...and instead of going to back to bed, decided to live like a normal person for the day and NOT sleep until noon (lol). then I got bored. And decided to work on added a second marking layer into my code.

I do NOT recommend coding in 4 things at once. omfg it's been 3 hours now. All I can see are random letters floating around my head.

I am...somewhat confident in the majority of the work I've put in to this. Excluding the part I'm stuck on, the build succeeds with no errors. So I've got that going for me...which is nice. (I even made sure ALL my counts were the same this time. scouts honor)

What I need help with right now....or guidance...or just a crazy idea....is these three lines:

Quote :
const String tBodyMat = (bodyMarkID==0?"BodyModColour"+bodyMeshID:"BodyMark"+StringConverter::toString(bodyMarkID)+"_"+bodyMeshID);
const String tHeadMat = (headMarkID==0?"HeadModColour"+headMeshID:"HeadMark"+StringConverter::toString(headMarkID)+"_"+headMeshID);
const String tTailMat = (tailMarkID==0?"TailModColour":"TailMark"+StringConverter::toString(tailMarkID));

I've toyed with them in the past, and ended up with an error that was basically along the lines of "cannot find mark1_1accent1_1". Meaning what I think is the right way...is so very not. (for the confused, i accidentally made the code seek out 1 specific material for two layered marking possibilities. so the materials file alone would have ended up ENORMOUS with every single combination possible. not fun)
So, if you can help, advise, etc....with this...this...crack-pot attempt....Obviously, i'd be immensely thankful for that. like...maybe even "get free shit from hammy" thankful. (psst...that's the best kind right there)

Last edited by Hamilton on Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : iiiiii ggggaaaaaavvvvvveeeee uuuuuupppppppppp)
Back to top Go down
Hyper
Admin

Game username : Hyper
Server : Azoptaos
Male Posts : 489

PostSubject: Re: help with double markings[closed]   Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:40 pm

The way the markings are currently coded, as you said, it assigns one material that's just the basic pelt & masks + a marking. To make two materials layer over each other I'd imagine you need to change the fragment programs and such

then after that I'm not even sure how you'd tell the source to add two materials...so I guess this post isn't really helpful at all, is it? :B

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 380

PostSubject: Re: help with double markings[closed]   Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:19 pm

Hymn...I hadn't thought of completely changing how the marking layers actually function. It'd actually be pretty handy to be able to at least shrink down all those materials to more manageable sizes. Really easy-up on file space.
Not sure I even know my way around the code well enough TO do it. (actually, I'm quite positive that I have no idea what I'm doing 90% of the time...) Probably can't c/p my way through this problem....

...lol and my pc restarted itself sometime before i woke up, so now i can't even just undo everything to wait for when i might be able to actually understand it better XD oh lord....u.u;;;;;;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: help with double markings[closed]   

Back to top Go down

help with double markings[closed]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support :: Solved Support Issues-
Jump to: