HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Loading connection/arriving game backdrop code?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Revaen
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Male Posts : 314

PostSubject: Loading connection/arriving game backdrop code?   Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:07 pm

Hello all.

I am wondering and wanting to confirm if this is the code that defines the backdrop while "Starting" the game with a character or arriving to a map.
Code:
   void showBackdropOverlay(bool flag, bool showLoadingText=false, const String &loadingCaption="Loading...")
   {
      if(flag)
      {
           OverlayManager::getSingleton().getByName("GUIOverlay/Backdrop")->show();
         mBackdrop->show();
         if(showLoadingText)
         {
            OverlayManager::getSingleton().getOverlayElement("GUI/LoadingText")->show();
            OverlayManager::getSingleton().getOverlayElement("GUI/LoadingText")->setCaption(loadingCaption);
         }
         else
            OverlayManager::getSingleton().getOverlayElement("GUI/LoadingText")->hide();
      }
      else
      {
         OverlayManager::getSingleton().getByName("GUIOverlay/Backdrop")->hide();
         mBackdrop->hide();
         OverlayManager::getSingleton().getOverlayElement("GUI/LoadingText")->hide();
      }
   }

I want to change some stuff on it for...reasons.

Anyways,
thanks!
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

Game username : ShadoWolfozo
Server : GROWL: Spirits
Male Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: Loading connection/arriving game backdrop code?   Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:30 am

If you're looking to change it to make it different to the startscreen or make it alternating like FH's just be warned.. I did try to modify this one and in the process I severely screwed up the CharScreen overlay (god knows how). It was probably my fault modifying something I shouldn't have in the process of my experimenting... but just a heads up, make a backup XD
Back to top Go down
Revaen
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Male Posts : 314

PostSubject: Re: Loading connection/arriving game backdrop code?   Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:08 am

Yeah, for a reason the screen mess up with not only the character screen manager, but also in-game! (Only the gui is show above it).
I could think maybe the start screen is not only linked with the "Loading" part but all the game itself! (Maybe it just hides when you're noticed to be arriving in-game(in a map/specific page, whatever).Seems more painful than though.

Just be susprised the game is gentle enough to don't crash(even that if you have a missing gui texture, it crashes without even need go to the point of load it), how ironic.

Anyways, thanks for your comment about this!
It is definitely difficult to probably consider that it's all linked and I may need make a new gui(and alternating code) to separate both start screen and "loading screen"(which clearly the codes tell they're the same).

Kudos for KovuKLD for such thing.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down

Loading connection/arriving game backdrop code?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support-
Jump to: