HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

[SOLVED] Starting a new server, issues that I haven't found solutions to

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
kaisa

Game username : kaisa

PostSubject: [SOLVED] Starting a new server, issues that I haven't found solutions to   Mon May 04, 2015 1:52 am

[[[All solved, thanks everyone!]]]

Hey there, me and my partner are trying to start a new server and have a few questions about some issues we haven't been able to search up solutions to!

We compiled a new server from the 6.0 release, which worked very well! We had everything up and running and we and our friends could connect. As we stress tested, we noticed these major problems:

1) When a character dies, the recovery is not working correctly (when laying, in water, etc.). The character will not ever recover under any circumstances unless we go into the character code and do it manually. We have tried fixing the code based on this thread: http://www.kitopen.com/t3159-cannot-revive?highlight=Unable+to+revive but have not had any luck whatsoever (much like the OP there.) Does anyone know what else might be causing this issue?

2) The in game chat is not scrolling correctly... it either shows the very top or very bottom of the chat, but does not scroll anywhere in between. Not sure what's causing this, haven't found anyone else having the issue on the forum (unless I'm mistaken.)

3) There's also the issue with gravity, but I think I've read that the old method can be used to overwrite the new to fix it.

4) Now, while the 6.0 KITO build has been compiling fine, we wanted to add in the ability to have a body selector, so we're looking at Hamilton's old source code to try that out. I realize that the new code will have a guide on how to edit the old one to work the same way, but mostly we just want to try it out. However, with the old source running on Visual Studios 2010/2013 (in admin mode no less,) we still hit a snag.

It says something about not being able to find a part of the path for CL.exe (though I've checked and it is indeed there,) and it refuses to compile based on this error. I've done some looking around, and I know this is the compiler -- the part that's strange to me is it works fine with 6.0 and not the old source. Any ideas about this? It fails for game/loginserver/gameserver.

Code:
Error 20 error MSB6003: The specified task executable "CL.exe" could not be run. Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Users\Roz\Documents\kito_source_debug+media_v3+bodyselector\kito source debug+media v3+bodyselector\kito\output\obj\loginserver\Release\loginserver.tlog\cl.write.1.tlog'. C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\V120\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets 341 5 loginserver

5) Pet healing doesn't seem to be working (pet will not heal our characters). Not sure if this is a known issue with a solution or not, wasn't able to search anything about it.

Last edited by kaisa on Tue May 05, 2015 5:43 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://ignisalatus.tumblr.com
Five

Game username : Five
Server : Miskai (Co-Owner)
Female Posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Starting a new server, issues that I haven't found solutions to   Mon May 04, 2015 2:36 am

Hyper explains how to fix the health bug here at the bottom of the thread ---

http://www.kitopen.com/t3212-health-bar-doesn-t-load
Back to top Go down
http://miskai.boards.net/
kaisa

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Starting a new server, issues that I haven't found solutions to   Mon May 04, 2015 4:01 am

Thanks for the link! I wasn't able to find that thread before.

I think I found the instances that Hyper was talking about in MagixPlayer and MagixLiving and changed those accordingly, but it didn't seem to fix.

I also tried finding the instances like hp-=(int)ratio*maxhp that nakti was talking about for removing the (int) but wasn't able to find them anywhere?

Here's a few samples of my code for reference, in case anyone sees an obvious problem i'm missing:

Code:
void MagixPlayer::updateWound(const FrameEvent &evt)
{
 if (!isWounded)return;
 if (hp <= 0)return;
 //Recover from wound
 if (woundRecoveryTimer>0)
 {
 Real rate = 1;
 if (isSitting() || isLaying() || isSideLaying())rate = 25;
 if (isRolledOver() || isPlopped() || isLeaning() || isCurled())rate = 50;
 if (isInWater)rate *= 2;
 woundRecoveryTimer -= rate*evt.timeSinceLastFrame;
 }
 if (woundRecoveryTimer>0)return;
 woundRecoveryTimer += 10;
 if (addHPRatio(+0.001))setWounded(false);
}

Code:
void MagixPlayer::setHP(const short &iMaxHP, const Real &ratio)
{
 maxHP = iMaxHP;
 hp = ratio*maxHP;
 maxHPChanged = true;
}
void MagixPlayer::setHPRatio(const Real &ratio)
{
 hp = ratio*maxHP;
 hpChanged = true;
}
bool MagixPlayer::addHPRatio(const Real &ratio)
{
 if (invulnerable && ratio<0)return false;
 hpChanged = true;
 hp += ratio*maxHP;
 if (hp>maxHP)hp = maxHP;
 if (hp<0)hp = 0;
 return (hp == 0);
}
bool MagixPlayer::addHP(const short &value)
{
 if (invulnerable && value<0)return false;
 hpChanged = true;
 hp += value;
 if (hp>maxHP)hp = maxHP;
 if (hp<0)hp = 0;
 return (hp == 0);
}
void MagixPlayer::setWounded(bool flag, bool instant)
{
 isWounded = flag;
 if (!instant)woundChanged = true;
}
bool MagixPlayer::getIsWounded()
{
 return isWounded;
}
bool MagixPlayer::popWoundedChanged()
{
 const bool tFlag = woundChanged;
 woundChanged = false;
 return tFlag;

Code:
#include "MagixLiving.h"

MagixLiving::MagixLiving()
{
   maxHP = 0;
   hp = 0;
   alliance = 0;
   invulnerable = false;
   isHidden = false;
}
MagixLiving::~MagixLiving()
{
}
void MagixLiving::setHP(const short &iMaxHP, const Real &ratio)
{
   maxHP = iMaxHP;
   hp = ratio*maxHP;
}
void MagixLiving::setHPRatio(const Real &ratio)
{
   hp = ratio*maxHP;
}
bool MagixLiving::addHP(const short &value)
{
   if (invulnerable && value<0)return false;
   hp += value;
   if (hp>maxHP)hp = maxHP;
   if (hp<0)hp = 0;
   return (hp == 0);
}
const Real MagixLiving::getHPRatio()
{
   if (maxHP <= 0)return 0;
   return Real(hp) / Real(maxHP);
}
const short MagixLiving::getHP()
{
   return hp;
}
const short MagixLiving::getMaxHP()
{
   return maxHP;
}
void MagixLiving::setAlliance(const unsigned char &ally)
{
   alliance = ally;
}
const unsigned char MagixLiving::getAlliance()
{
   return alliance;
}
bool MagixLiving::matchAlliance(const unsigned char &ally)
{
   if (alliance == ally)return true;
   if (alliance == ALLIANCE_PLAYER)
   {
      if (ally == ALLIANCE_FRIEND)return true;
   }
   if (alliance == ALLIANCE_FRIEND)
   {
      if (ally == ALLIANCE_PLAYER)return true;
   }
   return false;
}
const OBJECT_TYPE MagixLiving::getType()
{
   return OBJECT_CRITTER;
}
bool MagixLiving::isInvulnerable()
{
   return invulnerable;
}
void MagixLiving::setInvulnerable(bool flag)
{
   invulnerable = flag;
}
const Real MagixLiving::getHeight()
{
   return 0;
}

Last edited by kaisa on Mon May 04, 2015 4:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Five

Game username : Five
Server : Miskai (Co-Owner)
Female Posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Starting a new server, issues that I haven't found solutions to   Mon May 04, 2015 4:21 am

Try setting your timer to this:

Code:
woundRecoveryTimer += 5.;
Back to top Go down
http://miskai.boards.net/
kaisa

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Starting a new server, issues that I haven't found solutions to   Mon May 04, 2015 4:53 am

hmm nope that didn't seem to work either... i know i've changed that value between 10 and .001 before too and it didn't seem to help. ):

i've added the MagixLiving code to my previous post (forgot to oops) incase there might be something in there too.

Here is the code currently with changes:

Code:
{
   if (!isWounded)return;
   if (hp <= 0)return;
   //Recover from wound
   if (woundRecoveryTimer>0)
   {
      Real rate = 1;
      if (isSitting() || isLaying() || isSideLaying())rate = 25;
      if (isRolledOver() || isPlopped() || isLeaning() || isCurled())rate = 50;
      if (isInWater)rate *= 2;
      woundRecoveryTimer -= rate*evt.timeSinceLastFrame;
   }
   if (woundRecoveryTimer>0)return;
   woundRecoveryTimer += 5.;
   if (addHPRatio(+0.001))setWounded(false);
}
Back to top Go down
Hyper
Admin

Game username : Hyper
Server : Azoptaos
Male Posts : 483

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Starting a new server, issues that I haven't found solutions to   Mon May 04, 2015 4:55 am

in updateWound you have if (addHPRatio(+0.001))setWounded(false);

should be if (addHPRatio(-0.001))setWounded(false);

EDIT

For the chat, remove the (int)s in front of lastOffset in the getChatBlock function

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Starting a new server, issues that I haven't found solutions to   Mon May 04, 2015 5:13 am

Aaaah that seems to have fixed it, thanks so much dude!!! <3

now just gotta figure out the rest... still having the scroll issue, and my partner's still having issues with the body selector compiler, so i'm editing my first post with some more info.

EDIT: Also doesn't seem like the pet heal is working (pets will not heal our characters.) adding that as well. nvm, just had to edit the cd1 file, woops

Aaand that seemed to fix the scroll issue! Thanks again <3
Back to top Go down
Hyper
Admin

Game username : Hyper
Server : Azoptaos
Male Posts : 483

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Starting a new server, issues that I haven't found solutions to   Mon May 04, 2015 5:22 pm

With the error, did you make sure CL.exe is in the path specified? Did you follow the path to check that its in that specific folder?

If so, it looks like you may have a break in your path the way its spaced, but that might just be the formatting

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Starting a new server, issues that I haven't found solutions to   Tue May 05, 2015 4:43 am

Hey there, I'm the other person working on this project! Really appreciate the help with this so far.

I've tried looking into the tlog files to figure out where the path is directing towards to look for CL.exe. I have found CL.exe -- same folder as specified in the tlog, the only thing I'm not finding is a .rsp in my temp folder that is also directed at, which, I'm not sure if it's because it's simply supposed to remain a temporary file as the solution is compiling...? (I have a hunch that's case though.)

I think another method around this is to fix up the path it's specifying, and I'm trying pretty hard to find that much -- but it's giving me some trouble. Yeah, I changed the path based on some searching I did, still isn't helping it out much. I'm wondering if I should just try reversing my process and trying to import the code differences for a multiple body source into the new 6.0 source if I can't manage it, unless someone else has any advice/ideas.
Anyone else needing a hand with the multiple body source, check out Hyper's thread here -- http://www.kitopen.com/t3329-body-selector-walkthrough
Worked perfect!

Last edited by Rutzdus on Tue May 05, 2015 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Hyper made an awesome post to make multi-body upgrades to 6.0 easy as pie)
Back to top Go down
kaisa

PostSubject: Re: [SOLVED] Starting a new server, issues that I haven't found solutions to   Tue May 05, 2015 6:01 pm

Thanks everyone for the help, looks like all our issues were solved! Thread can be closed now. c: Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down

[SOLVED] Starting a new server, issues that I haven't found solutions to
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support :: Solved Support Issues-
Jump to: