HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Are these implemented into servers?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Slycan

Game username : Sly
Server : KITO
Female Posts : 1198

PostSubject: Are these implemented into servers?   Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:26 pm

noticed lack of foliage in maps being rendered in servers, was wondering if these are implemented? Might just have something to do with the model .materials files or view distance though ..

Billboards - http://www.ogre3d.org/docs/api/1.9/class_ogre_1_1_billboard_set.html

Paged Geometry - https://code.google.com/p/ogre-paged/
Back to top Go down
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 380

PostSubject: Re: Are these implemented into servers?   Mon Apr 27, 2015 7:19 pm

not entirely sure this is what i'm thinking of but..

the billboard distant objects only occurs then maps are set to use the random tree placement feature. It does look nice, over-all however you get trees in weird places like underwater. And two players in the same map will almost never see the same trees in the same positions.

So map-makers opt just to place the trees/foliage one at a time. which severely cuts down on how many objects can be in the map, as well as the over-all look not being very...pretty.

I've also had experience with certain models not taking to the randomizer very well at all. Regardless of the amount specified, i ended up with the entire map filled with the offending mesh with no rotation or size differences. It also didn't display the materials properly. Other meshes might bode differently. But I got the impression that only the dds related foliage original to oIT were capable of using the feature at its best. (judging by the lower screenshot, those all appear to be those same plants. lol)
Back to top Go down

Are these implemented into servers?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Server-Related-
Jump to: