HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Story Behind the Name (of your Server)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

When you created a server, were you ever disappointed that the name you wanted to use was already taken?
Yes :/
4%
 4% [ 1 ]
Yeah but I had a backup :)
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Yes, but looking back I am glad I didn't go with that.
8%
 8% [ 2 ]
Nope! Got it just in time :D
16%
 16% [ 4 ]
Nah, there was a 0% chance of someone else already having it >:D
40%
 40% [ 10 ]
XxLandofAmazingWolves666xX original names at it's finest
16%
 16% [ 4 ]
Nope, I don't own a server :)
16%
 16% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage
ShadoWolfozo

Game username : ShadoWolfozo
Server : GROWL: Spirits
Male Posts : 875

PostSubject: Story Behind the Name (of your Server)   Tue Apr 14, 2015 8:01 am

With a lot of the generic names already taken, we've been seeing some rather unusual and also kinda cool names for servers over the past year and I, as well as others no doubt, are rather curious to know how you guys come up with these names!

Was it a spur-of-the-moment sort of name that you were thinking of changing later then grew used to it and ended up using it officially? (that's basically what happened with GROWL) 

Or did you and some friends get together and brainstorm some ideas and went from there?

Maybe your server is actually connected to a bigger story and is named accordingly?

Or maybe you just kinda wanted something cool but all the good names were already taken? Wink

Post it here however simple or book-lengthy it might be, because I, if no one else is, am rather curious Smile
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist

™

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Server : Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind the Name (of your Server)   Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:10 am

Luckily Dragon's Den was created fairly early on after ITr.

Yes, after ITr.

DD started as a little private map on IW. We made it public after a while and quite a few downloaded it. When SoE started, Lazyzim and I moved there and took our little map with us. We changed it a little, updating it since we'd learned some new things. Again, we made it public and added custom critters.

The download was removed after a while and we faded into obscurity.

After a couple of months on SoE doing maps, textures and particles Lazy and I decided we wanted to try our hand at more. The only things left for us were staff experience and trying to do our own server.

So we hopped on KITO, learnt all we could and gained some great staffing experience thanks to RedEye and the KITO client. While there, we started to create more things for our own server.

When we decided we were ready...the time came to give our server a name.

We chose the name of the very first map we'd ever done - our first foray into creating something in IT: Dragon's Den.

Why? Because dragons are cool and we had the Dragon model in our map waaaay back in IW. XD It was animated and released not long before DD was up and running and became our feature critter.

Since no-one else had focused on dragons until us, we had no competition for names. :3

Story time over! XD
Back to top Go down
http://dragonsden.freeforums.net
GlaciaTheWolf
®
®

Game username : Glacia, GlaciaIceWolf, GlaciaTheWolf
Server : DD (member) Wolf soul (member)
Female Posts : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind the Name (of your Server)   Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:23 pm

Well i ran a couple servers, my first, Bloodline, was named after my series i had for five years, my second, wolves of the forest was going to be after another story, Shadow paws was just a random name. And now i have Call of the ferals, Which friends help me come up with because we where going to be a feral realistic server, then my creativity got the best of me, though i wanted it to have "Feral" in it, then one of my friends came up with "Call of the ferals" Which i liked and i used it, since we are no longer feral realistic, i thought about changing the name, but i kind of like it! plus i don't want to remake a site lol.
Back to top Go down
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 380

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind the Name (of your Server)   Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:07 pm

>.> I held a contest after the joke-name "PU (project Unknown)" started getting stale. Juvenile Hammy is best Hammy! Anyways, it was submitted as "Myatar Legacy" which was just beachin'. Hands. Down. It rocked my socks off so hard. Then, one day, as fate would have it....I made the BIGGEST foockin' spelling error in the known universe. I still don't know how it happened. I was scribbling title screens and...instead of writing "Legacy" I ended up writing "Legends". At first I was all "oh god how in the world did i manage to screw THAT up?!" but after a while....it just kinda fit. I...don't even know how to explain it. The more I mulled it over, the more it just made perfect sense!

ML....where everything is an accident....

....now if only finding a solid theme would be that easy......
Back to top Go down
Arzulent
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Game username : Arzulent
Server : Dragons Den (Member)
Female Posts : 73

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind the Name (of your Server)   Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:45 pm

Reincarnation Ascension got It's name off of the back story I created for It.

The Reincarnation comes from the Idea that In the game everyone has reincarnated Into demonic creatures, and the amount of demonic critters being reborn Is Ascending. They're taking over the majority of the game hence It's hell theme.

In the game all maps are barren, some with fires resembling a hell like world.
There weren't too many IT servers based off a demonic background, therefore I took It Into my own hands to try and do something like that.

That's the backstory to the name of our sever, as short as It Is.
Back to top Go down
Witacha
3D Modeler
3D Modeler

Game username : Witacha
Server : Land Of The Wolves(Owner)
Female Posts : 1203

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind the Name (of your Server)   Tue Apr 14, 2015 5:06 pm

Wow em..good questions uh.
Well My first server was called "Impressive Dreams" I started this project when I was...let's say maybe around 13 or maybe 14 I don't remember xD

I wanted a title with "Impressive" to give a little "nostalgia" ? don't know how to spell it :v of Impressive Title and I took "Dreams" because I liked this theme a lot.

This project lasted for 3 years but a day I decided to stop everything for a few reasons.
Anyway then I wanted to quit the community of impressive title but to be honest I couldn't. I leanrt too much thing from this community and the experience I gained from these past years were too much important for me so I decided to make a new server.

This server is called "Land Of The Wolves: Okami No Tochi" at first I wanted a japanese Title but the co-owner wasn't very okay with it so we just added the english version along with it.

So you will ask why Land Of The Wolves? well on Impressive Dreams we had a modified wolf model (modified skinny body+long head) so I kept the idea of wolves and added Land so it could fit the theme.
Back to top Go down
http://witacha-asukata.deviantart.com/
Nefadozone

Game username : Nefadozone
Server : Fucko McShitpo
Male Posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind the Name (of your Server)   Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:29 pm

First brainstormed lots of Impressive- names for a while.. wrote them all down in notepad, even used a random name generator to find the second part of the Impressive bit. Gave up on that. Cool Cool Cool

finally decided on

Project Spectrum UTK..
UTK as in Un-titled Kingdom
to have something to do with the lion king

Game released in alpha.. had many species but I didn't like it.. then was discontinued for a few months.

I figured I'd give Spectrum its final name as development progresesed, and it was re-released as a beta. Had many species but I still didn't like it.

Game was discontinued to the public for over a year now, and a few months ago I gave the game the name Spectrum Dimensions. I wanted the game's title to have something to do with the multi-species/multi-world theme, portals, ALIENS etc. and that I had future plans on having a casual server, a survival server, and a RP server.

I was going to make 6 playable Earth species, and 6 playable alien and impossible hybrid species. So 'Dimensions' refers to some creatures being from other versions of earth I guess? I don't even know.
Back to top Go down
http://wildmidnight.boards.net/
Vιrus
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Game username : Virus
Server : Miskai
Female Posts : 486

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind the Name (of your Server)   Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:43 pm

Project Resurgence's purpose was to revive the oIT feeling. Resurgence means to make something rise again after a period of time where that said thing was inactive.
It was originally gonna be called simply Resurgent but I didn't really like it.
Therefore, Project Resurgence (also known as PR, Resurgence, or The Project).

Short but sweet little story.
Back to top Go down
Sparkoo
®
®

Game username : Sparkoo
Server : Azoptaos (Co-Owner/Server Host)
Female Posts : 17

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind the Name (of your Server)   Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:46 pm

Ahaha... Azoptaos got its name when the character names of the original 3 admins were squished together. (Azel + Copter + Chaos) I believe Hyper came up with it, but I'll have to recheck; it happened maybe over a year ago now. When our fouth admin joined us (Kattington), Cord gave up a "T" and Hyper gave up an "A" to let Kat's character, Tarkiah, in on the fun.

I think I would be very surprised if anyone else would have come up with "Azoptaos". It's about as odd of a name as the game is.
Back to top Go down
http://azoptaos.boards.net
Cloud
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Game username : Cloud, Daydream
Server : None
Female Posts : 614

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind the Name (of your Server)   Mon Apr 20, 2015 3:11 pm

The Land of Steeds? I gave myself the position of coder/hoster and therefore everyone else said I owned it. I love horses and so do they, so in school one day I was thinking of name. Steeds are horses, so.. I mashed words together until it came to me, the Land of Steeds. And here we are today (though private).
Back to top Go down
--Infintiy--
3D Modeler
3D Modeler

Game username : --Infinity--
Server : Ferals Online BR {Owner}
Male Posts : 140

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind the Name (of your Server)   Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:41 am

well I change mine 3 times

Impressive title BR is the First = ITBR I keep it for 4 years
The Lost Ferals is the second = ITBR the same 1,2 years
and I finally decide  keep Ferals Online BR = FONBR is this the actually one now

I change depend much what of people, mean the players want in the game I give a lot of attention of your desires, the server name follow it.

IS MORE the world is soo big anything you think today is already token, but that don't mean you can't use the same name for a different purpose, its bad take a NAME OF A IT SERVER THAT ALREADY EXIST LIKE i'll name my server Project Resurgence or The Land of Steed  or  GROWL maybe respect who have this already in the community of Kito and post it in the Server land area   pirat

The Story about my server, The Lost Ferals ITS A ENTIRE STORY COMIC :3 you can find here
http://mike-dragon.deviantart.com/gallery/46425862/The-Lost-Ferals-By-Neto-Lins
Back to top Go down
http://thelostferals.wix.com/feralsonline#!home/mainPage
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Story Behind the Name (of your Server)   

Back to top Go down

Story Behind the Name (of your Server)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Server-Related-
Jump to: