HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

how to get the rig into blender?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Chromedome-y

Game username : chromedome-y
Server : Miskai
Female Posts : 7

PostSubject: how to get the rig into blender?   Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:45 am

okay. so I work for a server and basically I am a total noob when it comes to blender. good thing is I'm not a developer; I do mostly art & textures -- but recently they've got me interested in this

'modelling' trash that is very complicated and upsetting

all I know how to do is get the magix1.blend into blender and look at the models and some animation stuff, but
I don't know how to get the body's rig into blender?? like. what do I import what how

I want to try and make some animations for it (rip me) so.

//thanks [in advance] if anyone actually understood that and/or can help me
Back to top Go down
Vιrus
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Game username : Virus
Female Posts : 486

PostSubject: Re: how to get the rig into blender?   Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:48 am

Back to top Go down
Chromedome-y

PostSubject: Re: how to get the rig into blender?   Tue Apr 07, 2015 3:36 am

I have those; what I'm looking for is how to get the rig to show up/get it into blender with the blend files. what buttons to press. I want to see if I can make diff. body animations.

thanks for the attempt.

Last edited by Chromedome-y on Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vιrus
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

PostSubject: Re: how to get the rig into blender?   Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:37 am

I'm the farthest there is from an expert in Blender (not even remotely close to decent), though to open the rig in Blender-
go to the top and locate 'open', navigate to where you saved the said files, and click on one to open it up.
Back to top Go down
Chromedome-y

PostSubject: Re: how to get the rig into blender?   Tue Apr 07, 2015 4:55 am

thank you i cannot fathom how much thought and effort was put into your post

i can probably figure this out on my own if it's apparently so simple

Last edited by Chromedome-y on Sun Sep 20, 2015 1:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vιrus
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

PostSubject: Re: how to get the rig into blender?   Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:00 am

Blender isn't nearly as simple as it seems, believe me, haha
But I wish you luck. u v u
Back to top Go down
Chromedome-y

PostSubject: Re: how to get the rig into blender?   Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:20 am

lol I knew it wasn't really worth posting here

dear friend: that was sarcasm. I know how to open a file in blender.

Last edited by Chromedome-y on Sun Sep 20, 2015 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Revaen
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Male Posts : 314

PostSubject: Re: how to get the rig into blender?   Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:23 am

wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.4/Manual/Animation/Techs/Object
wiki.blender.org/index.php/Category:Rigging
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

Game username : ShadoWolfozo
Server : GROWL: Spirits
Male Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: how to get the rig into blender?   Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:41 am

Hey
hey you
yeah, you
come here, lemme tell ya a secret
but you can't tell anyone else, super secret and all that.

There's this place, a magical place, called the Tutorial section.

Seriously though, I recommend going there before making support threads because your question is already answered both in wikis as Revaen has linked and in KITO's tutorial section.

P.S. "Modeling trash" ? Excuse you but those of us that CAN model pride ourselves in what we can accomplish. Modeling is NOT easy, it is CERTAINLY not "trash" and if you are going to have this make it easy or give up attitude towards it, you're not going to get very far.

P.P.S If you want help from people, your smart-alec attitude (such as your post about opening files) is not welcome and will only get you lost respect from people. If you want help, respect the people you want to respect you enough, to bother helping you. YOU came to this forum asking for help, have the decency to act mature.
Back to top Go down
Vιrus
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

PostSubject: Re: how to get the rig into blender?   Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:06 am

chrome-domey wrote:
lol I knew it wasn't really worth posting here

dear friend: that was sarcasm. I know how to open a file in blender.
I realized it was. I had decided to be nice and mature and treat it like it wasn't anyway. c:

Also, I apologize for being unable to help, but it's more the fact that even though I'm absolutely no good at Blender whatsoever, I had actually bothered to try and help anyways. Please be a little more grateful next time, maybe?
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist

™

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Server : Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: how to get the rig into blender?   Tue Apr 07, 2015 1:03 pm

Manners cost nothing. :3

Yes, the tutorial section is chock full of useful stuff. Also, there are quite a number of helpful videos on YouTube dealing with a lot of different aspects of Blender. Why not try there if written tutorials don't really work for you?

I myself do not use Blender as I don't know how, but I have looked up some Blender tutorial videos and they seemed very useful so I suggest you give them a go.

~Obey~
Back to top Go down
http://dragonsden.freeforums.net
Chromedome-y

PostSubject: Re: how to get the rig into blender?   Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:32 pm

ShadoWolfozo wrote:

P.S. "Modeling trash" ? Excuse you but those of us that CAN model pride ourselves in what we can accomplish. Modeling is NOT easy, it is CERTAINLY not "trash" and if you are going to have this make it easy or give up attitude towards it, you're not going to get very far.

P.P.S If you want help from people, your smart-alec attitude (such as your post about opening files) is not welcome and will only get you lost respect from people. If you want help, respect the people you want to respect you enough, to bother helping you. YOU came to this forum asking for help, have the decency to act mature.

the modeling trash part was a joke. I know it's hard. I get it. I totally get it. I make jokes a lot. my life is a joke. almost everything I say is a joke. modeling is not easy and I didn't come here to start an argument. and I know it's not easy -- it's complicated and I do not have an 'easy or give up' attitude toward it. it was late, I was tired, and I really wasn't looking for an answer like that. I'm sorry. lo siento. took my feelings out on someone I shouldn't have. that's a problem and I'm working on it. sorry. sorry sorry sorry. better?

tbh I expected everyone to say look in the tutorials section but I have?? I looked there and I couldn't find anything I wanted. I searched the forum and I didn't find anything I needed, or anything that helped me. if you're gonna say I didn't look hard enough, okay maybe I didn't. I've watched a ton of tutorial videos on youtube but I, unfortunately, am not a very smart person. I'm dumb. I need everything to be explained to me step by step, in the same exact situation I have before me. same setup, etc.

thank you viirus for trying to help me. I should be rude internally rather than externally. and thank you everyone else for those harsh words. appreciate. thanks mostly to revaen for the links. appreciate a lot.
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

Game username : ShadoWolfozo
Server : GROWL: Spirits
Male Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: how to get the rig into blender?   Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:36 pm

If we were provided step-by-steps easy enough for a kitten to follow, I think there'd be a lot more people able to create these things, but it also would not seem like such an achievement, when you are able to complete it yourself Smile

There is a video that is basically the closest thing to showing you what you want... I will edit my post when I find it.

EDIT: nevermind, it was about rigging.

Anyway, the bodies are located in magix.blend / magix1.blend in the oIT blender files. The skeleton (armature) is located on... layer 1 I think but you might not open the file and automatically be on the right layer.

Number 4 is where your layers are. Clicking / shift clicking will change or activate/deactivate layers so you can see what is on them.

If you are simply wanting to learn how to animate, youtube some animating armatures videos and learn from the pros, as there's really no way I can teach you without making a book-long post on how to animate.

I do, however, highly recommend that if you want to get into modeling, go the easy way. Baby steps- we all started somewhere, and the most common place for IT players to start, is making very, very simple items for the character in-game.

If you are interested in learning how to use blender, step-by-step, you can follow my tutorial here:
http://www.kitopen.com/t2127-sombra-s-re-made-item-mesher-tutorial-currently-no-rigging-tutorial

Please note I haven't re-done my rigging tutorial, so refer to the later part of this:
http://www.kitopen.com/t199-the-original-how-to-make-items-in-blender

for learning how to rig items.

When you've mastered, or rather, feel confident in making simple items, rigging them, weightpainting and then adding them into the game (as this is a very, very easy process after a while), learning how to animate bodies, export and get them rigged and working will be much easier because you will already know the basics Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how to get the rig into blender?   

Back to top Go down

how to get the rig into blender?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support-
Jump to: