HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

How much customization is too much?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 380

PostSubject: How much customization is too much?   Sat Feb 28, 2015 9:40 pm

Ever since I started working on my server...no...even before that...when it was just a simple idea...I have wanted to up the customization.

If you've had the chance to play Myatar Legends, you know...I never let go of that ideal.

From just increasing the existing options (22 heads, lord knows how many manes and tufts) to adding in new options (body selection, claws, whiskers, pawpads etc). Right now, there are 201 models dedicated to just the character creation process. And with the color pallets to go with them.

I mean, dang. It's a lot. And it's only 1/3 of the total project.

Recently, I added dual eye coloring to the code (you can find the tutorial in the appropriate section of this forum). And this rediculous topic came about from it. Someone on DA mused "It would be pretty cool to play a game where you can choose different colour of eyes on both sides" and it struck me...

Where exactly does the line get drawn? This idea they had is entirely possible. It just means copying the dual-eye method so the game recognizes 5 masks rather than just 3. But lord knows you can't saddle the players with only a horizontal 50/50 divide. what about vertical? diagonal? odd shapes? 20/80? 60/40? what about Tri-color?!

I still plan on digging into the layered markings. Adding a new page to the creation menu means I'll have another empty slot. Another potential customization feature to fill.

I know in me heart, that still wouldn't be enough. Someone somewhere will question why suchandsuch isn't an option.

This got longer than I thought it would, I'm sorry.

In short: When does it become TOO much customization? How do you know when to stop and say "okay, that's everything. there's nothing left"?

Because...I clearly don't know.....
Back to top Go down
Flamingtruth

Game username : Flamingtruth
Server : Ethereal(Owner)
Female Posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: How much customization is too much?   Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:48 pm

Well one question is "How long would you want people taking on their characters" i mean some people might complain that there is to many options and it confuses them while others will be like "ya this is amazing we should have this customization on every server!" and ya ect. you should add a poll to see who thinks it would be a good idea and who disagrees
Back to top Go down

How much customization is too much?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Server-Related-
Jump to: