HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

How committed are you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
GlaciaTheWolf
®
®

Game username : Glacia, GlaciaIceWolf, GlaciaTheWolf
Server : DD (member) Wolf soul (member)
Female Posts : 1001

PostSubject: How committed are you?   Wed Feb 25, 2015 11:06 pm

I been thinking about this alot, and thinking about what people are willing to do for there server, i made this thread to share these things, some of the things i do is: I push myself when im sick to get work done, i do most of the server work on my own, with some help from friends, and free things on KITO. I stay home from school (Whitch isnt a big deal for me because i go to an online school, i do not HAVE to be there, but my mom wants me to to get out of the house) If i get frustrated with something, i turn into determination mode, and i work at it until i figure out how to get it to work, for example, i was doing a mammoth, the mammoths trunk wasnt all the way weightpainted, and i couldnt figure out for the life of me what part was not weighted, but i never gave up on it and eventually i figured it out.

Things that keep me going is seeing how people apreciate the work i put into my server, and seeing my work in my server, i know the character models, and the prey and some items i didnt make, but i did all of the prey animations (except the ones from KITO na the original) and i redid a few of the character animations, and seeing them in game is what keeps me going, it makes me even more happy when something i make myself from scratch works in game, such as my collar i made. I am planning on even spending money on this server for models and commissions. When i first started, i was to...idk...inexperianced and yeah i made a couple servers, but i was not committed enough to keep them going, it is different with Call of the ferals. Im really glad i got back into it, and even my family members and my art teacher are proud of me, even if the majority of the coding was already done, they are still proud im making an effort in this.

So now i ask, how committed are you? what do you do for your server? whats most rewarding to you?
Back to top Go down
Revaen
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Male Posts : 314

PostSubject: Re: How committed are you?   Thu Feb 26, 2015 12:07 am

Even if it's meant to be a free game, without any special payment for someone after been hours, days, weeks, months and possibly years over your project and pay a specific amount to host as the energy and the ambient issues it causes have a PC working all the time, I believe these projects are more focused to altruist people who can handle the responsibility of control a community and have another life outside the web.

All this sound lot of commitment for a person, and indeed, it is.

However, make your life depend from such game by pushing and sicking yourself because of it is wrong.

There's completely not any rush and defined time to get a game done, it all depends on when and how you want it to end up before releasing it.

Some people is not able to understand what all this mean, specially if you're one of the few in a Staff team that do the most developing because you're the main developer for it as they're.Selecting a Staff team is meant to help the full project divide all this work and worth of time it takes to avoid yourself end up like your situation...possibly stressed.

I am personally, not a fast developer if I involve myself in a server project.I usually prefer divide my time in various things to do, but it also depends if there's a specified time to work on it or be fired.
Back to top Go down
Draak
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Game username : Draak
Female Posts : 681

PostSubject: Re: How committed are you?   Thu Feb 26, 2015 1:05 am

Just wanna jump in and mention that's it probably not a good idea prioritising your IT server over your health and education. It's not worth it, in the end IT is only a game and won't have a huge impact on your future compared to health and schooling.
While having such a strong commitment to your server is good, and it means you'll get things done there should be a point where you draw the line and take breaks.
Back to top Go down
GlaciaTheWolf
®
®

Game username : Glacia, GlaciaIceWolf, GlaciaTheWolf
Server : DD (member) Wolf soul (member)
Female Posts : 1001

PostSubject: Re: How committed are you?   Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:08 am

I didnt say i dont do school work, i do do my school work i just dont go in its an online school im not required to go in we just have to log in 3 times a week. My health is not more important then my server, but when im sick i tend to push my self to get it done, ive been sick for a week almost 2 now and the first few days i pushed on to get things done, just recently i stopped pushing because i didnt feel well enough and it got worse, and went straight to the docter. So emergencies are by far more important the reason i pushed for a few days is because it was only a small fever then esculated into ammonia and a couple other things
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist

™

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Server : Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: How committed are you?   Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:32 am

I am not studying until a couple of months from now and currently have nothing else to occupy my time with...

So I spend my days thus:

Go to Lazyzim's house around 1-2 PM, leave at 5 PM, go back 7-8 PM, leave at 12-1 AM - 7 days a week.

90% of the time I spend at Lazy's house we are both working on our server. If I'm sick I won't or if we get tired of sitting there after 3 hours or something we'll take a break. I also take some time off if there's an obligation elsewhere I'm needed for.

For the past 3 years, not counting time taken for jobs and study, this is the way it's been since day 1.

We do the majority of the work though sometimes our staff will pitch in and help with some things if we're getting overwhelmed. Plus there's the work we commission others for - coding and animating etc.

I like to think the both of us are very highly dedicated.

~Obey~
Back to top Go down
http://dragonsden.freeforums.net
kewlkiera
®
®

Game username : kewlkiera
Server : ...
Female Posts : 83
Location : Canada. Drinking maple syrup and riding moose 24/7.

PostSubject: Re: How committed are you?   Thu Feb 26, 2015 5:05 pm

I prefer to keep my real life issues or objectives such as school first before my game. As mentioned before, in the end it's a game. You can't exactly benefit much from it unless you're accepting donations, and even then the donators expect that money to be put towards the game and not for personal things, which is understandable.

If I'm sick, that's also another thing. I'd need to take care of myself before anything in order to be able to work with the game properly instead of feeling like a big lump on my bed.

That's not to say I'm against what Glacia said - everyone has their own schedules, and she just so happens to have online schooling as well which works out for her fine. But as far as health goes, and in my own personal opinion, it /should/ be more important than your server... If you're sick or unwell, then just take a few days to get better, or however long it should. I'm fairly sure that members are able to wait a while without their pixels, especially if a server owner, who controls everything about the server and its community, is unwell. That's just how I see it, anyhow...

I'm fairly dedicated, if I had to put myself on a scale. As I said I prefer to get school things out of the way first and know that it's all finished up before I go and dive into the server stuff. I find - and I'm not sure about anyone else - that when I focus on my server, I focus less on other things. This includes those very important grades in which they are now crucial for my future. I don't want that. While knowing that members may like or enjoy your server, it won't mean much if you can't support yourself in the long run simply because you focused too much on a server before.
I research a lot, just to make sure that I'm not going to suddenly break my source... create back-ups. But sometimes I have to take up to a month off, and yeah, that's shitty for some people or the members who want the new update out, but that's just how it has to be if I want to continue to work on the server and get my life in order before I return.

Those are just a few of my thoughts concerning the whole "Dedication" deal.
Back to top Go down
http://worldofdenuo.boards.net
ThylaSteve

Game username : Steve
Server : It's a secret (for now)
Male Posts : 129

PostSubject: Re: How committed are you?   Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:26 am

I do not force myself to work on the server. If I force myself to do things, they will probably not end up with the best quality. However, I do work on it regularly because i like making stuff.

I do not plan on spending money on the server. I see my server as a test to see how much i can accomplish and what I am capable of. Also to improve my skills and learn new things.

But being somewhat perfectionist, I won't even release the title of my server until it's grown into something worth playing. I am even willing to remake an entire character model if it doesn't fit my expectations.

To me, the most important step is coming up with creative ideas that will make amazing editions to my creation. My main motivation is the vision I have set in my head for what the server will be like.
Back to top Go down
KittyKylo

Game username : KittyKylo
Server : N/A
Female Posts : 86

PostSubject: Re: How committed are you?   Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:37 pm

I am fully committed to my projects, tho sometimes I find it hard to gain motivation in fear that it will be dropped or changed, but I love working together with people and seeing something come together piece by piece as it is one of the most beautiful moments to see and experience!
Back to top Go down
http://xkittykylo.deviantart.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How committed are you?   

Back to top Go down

How committed are you?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Server-Related-
Jump to: