HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

How to replace main character body mesh?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Ren Massahiro

Male Posts : 24

PostSubject: How to replace main character body mesh?   Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:34 am

How do you replace the main characters body mesh?
How do you tell if its compatable?
Does this affect masks for markings? If so how do you fix it?

This post is made specifically for changing the body mesh and its affiliate files. Which i have no idea how to do.
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

Game username : ShadoWolfozo
Server : GROWL: Spirits
Male Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: How to replace main character body mesh?   Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:50 am

Replace body.mesh / .skeleton with a new one
well obviously you check in-game
yes. by making brand new ones for the new body.

this is time consuming, difficult and often times frustrating- if you don't know how to do this, might I suggest something simpler like adding critters instead.
Back to top Go down
GlaciaTheWolf
®
®

Game username : Glacia, GlaciaIceWolf, GlaciaTheWolf
Server : DD (member) Wolf soul (member)
Female Posts : 985

PostSubject: Re: How to replace main character body mesh?   Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:36 pm

I experimented with this a few times. It is possible to have a whole model in game though there are a few bugs with that. Making new markings and a mask is simple (in my opinion) if you have it uv unwrapped. Though as shad said above it is time consuming and adding critters and items are much much simpler
Back to top Go down
Ren Massahiro

PostSubject: Re: How to replace main character body mesh?   Sun Dec 21, 2014 8:57 am

I can add critters, items, textures, music, ect. This is kito, keeping impressive title open. Simple coding, simple design, its gonna run down eventually if people who own old servers become occupied and the less experienced people won't know where to start then you (people in general) may have just shut down someone who could slowly turn IT into something... Idk amazing.
(Im feeling inspirational x.x lol)
I know, i know, "well so-and-so did it all by themselves!" < Well some people need help along the way. And I appreciate yal' for helpin me out. ^^'
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

Game username : ShadoWolfozo
Server : GROWL: Spirits
Male Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: How to replace main character body mesh?   Sun Dec 21, 2014 2:29 pm

No idea where you got the idea of us trying to shut you down. I have absolutely no idea what your skills are, I was going off your post alone. When you said "I have no idea how to do" I figured you must be new to modeling and adding files to the game- or new to most things within the game itself. You never mentioned you knew how to do anything building wise with the game so I gave you a stepping stone to get started - start with something easier and build your way up.

And regarding "well so-and-so did it all by themselves!" well if you're referring to people like me, no that is not the case. I will speak for myself only, but I followed tutorials, asked for assistance from other people that I knew were more experienced in certain fields than I was and eventually I got there as well.

But I didn't jump straight to the hardest thing- I started small, I started with the basics. And what people often don't realise is... we didn't simply 'get' these skills overnight. I've been making things for IT since oIT v0.5. And that is years of practice and working up to the point where I am now.

Hell, to be honest with you I still have extremely limited knowledge of how to go about making models and things for the player model itself- and I respect players who are trying but if you're going to just jump from step 1 to step 15 without all of the practice and learning in between.... well you're not going to get very far without frustrating yourself and giving up altogether. And this is what has stopped many a to-be mesher like yourself from ever getting as far as creating fantastic items and adding them in-game.

Yes, this is KITO, but members who are new to building things for / in the game are way too often far too eager to leap before they learn and their own impatience is what drives them to give up entirely- even those who say they'll never give up.
Back to top Go down
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 379

PostSubject: Re: How to replace main character body mesh?   Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:08 pm

How do you replace the main characters body mesh?

Need more detail. Do you mean:

-Replacing the body with one of Sly's premade bodies or
-Creating a whole new body

and:

-are you sticking with feline form or are you planning on something decidedly non-feline?

How do you tell if its compatable?

does it crash the game? it's not compatible.
are you at least able to import it into magix2.blend? it's a little-bit compatible. It just needs some work.
does it work perfectly when dropped into the game? it's compatible.

Does this affect masks for markings?

Any changes to the body effect the uv-settings and, there-for, the masks/markings.

If so how do you fix it?

You create new masks/markings in a graphics program that allows for transparencies.
Back to top Go down
Ren Massahiro

PostSubject: Re: How to replace main character body mesh?   Wed Dec 24, 2014 4:18 am

Shad, didn't mean to sound like i was striking you specifically, nor saying you shut me down ._.' Sorry for the mix up.
Anywho, thanks hamilton and I do mean, making a whole new body ^^'
Back to top Go down

How to replace main character body mesh?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support-
Jump to: