HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Others can't connect, but I can? (Solved)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KetsuNika

Game username : xKetsuNikax
Server : Forging Zero {Private Server} <Owner>
Female Posts : 172

PostSubject: Others can't connect, but I can? (Solved)   Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:29 pm

Okay, the video shows what all my folders look like and such. The problem is, I think I did everything correctly, but only I can connect to my server, nobody else can. Can anyone see the reason for this in any of my folders?

Last edited by ShadowBlade on Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hyper
Admin

Game username : Hyper
Server : Azoptaos
Male Posts : 489

PostSubject: Re: Others can't connect, but I can? (Solved)   Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:52 pm

What do your ports look like? Have you allowed login and gameserver through your firewall?

PostSubject: Re: Others can't connect, but I can? (Solved)   Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:01 pm

Hyper wrote:
What do your ports look like? Have you allowed login and gameserver through your firewall?

Here are my ports:
http://prntscr.com/5023yn
http://prntscr.com/50246d

And I have my firewall fully disabled seems I wasn't able/didn't know how to let the login and game servers in through the firewall.
Back to top Go down
KetsuNika

PostSubject: Re: Others can't connect, but I can? (Solved)   Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:50 pm

[i]Bump?
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

Game username : ShadoWolfozo
Server : GROWL: Spirits
Male Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: Others can't connect, but I can? (Solved)   Fri Oct 31, 2014 3:58 am

You should never fully disable your firewall- that's the first line of defence for your computer against dangerous and malicious sites and software.

Just a tip, I can't help with your actual problem, sorry.
Back to top Go down
RedEye
Retired

Game username : -redeye-
Server : KITO
Male Posts : 2577

PostSubject: Re: Others can't connect, but I can? (Solved)   Fri Oct 31, 2014 7:36 am

First off from what I saw in the video:
The with MAIN_SERVER_IP being your IP, then the dns record you've made (foshost.ddns.net) is pointless. To make it less pointless:
Code:
#define MAIN_SERVER_IP "foshost.ddns.net"

PostSubject: Re: Others can't connect, but I can? (Solved)   Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:55 pm

RedEye wrote:
First off from what I saw in the video:
The with MAIN_SERVER_IP being your IP, then the dns record you've made (foshost.ddns.net) is pointless. To make it less pointless:
Code:
#define MAIN_SERVER_IP "foshost.ddns.net"

Thank you VERY much for this RedEye! I'll try this out when I come home. (I can only hope that it'll work)

EDIT:
Now, I cannot connect, at all, even with localip. Haven't tested it out with my staff just yet.
Back to top Go down
Revaen
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Male Posts : 314

PostSubject: Re: Others can't connect, but I can? (Solved)   Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:37 pm

Is your IP static?
Are you using the " IPv4 direction"?
You may just be using a wrong IP but if not, maybe you require it to be static.
Back to top Go down
KetsuNika

PostSubject: Re: Others can't connect, but I can? (Solved)   Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:06 pm

Zflylexka wrote:
Is your IP static?
Are you using the " IPv4 direction"?
You may just be using a wrong IP but if not, maybe you require it to be static.

Which IP? My server IP or the host IP? I don't know how to make a IP static either. Also, how/what do you mean by IPv4 direction? Sorry for all these questions, i'm stupid I know ;;
Back to top Go down
Revaen
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

PostSubject: Re: Others can't connect, but I can? (Solved)   Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:00 pm

Server must use your created dns domain in the Main_Server_IP, so, there's not a difference.
The IP must be static(don't change with the days, hours, weeks months and such) to can host, you can contact with your Ethernet Company for check if they can static it.

And ignore the IPv4 thing, I believe you can get it better by checking a "What's my IP?" page for it.
Back to top Go down
KetsuNika

PostSubject: Re: Others can't connect, but I can? (Solved)   Sat Nov 01, 2014 9:03 pm

Zflylexka wrote:
Server must use your created dns domain in the Main_Server_IP, so, there's not a difference.
The IP must be static(don't change with the days, hours, weeks months and such) to can host, you can contact with your Ethernet Company for check if they can static it.

And ignore the IPv4 thing, I believe you can get it better by checking a "What's my IP?" page for it.

My server is using the DNS domain in the Main_Server_IP, yes.
And do you mean my public IP? Or the DNS domain IP must be static?

As for the IPv4, I got my public IP, what do I do with it exactly?
Back to top Go down
KetsuNika

PostSubject: Re: Others can't connect, but I can? (Solved)   Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:45 pm

Bumping because I really badly need this fixed.
Back to top Go down
whinp

Game username : whinp
Server : Last Moon, Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: Others can't connect, but I can? (Solved)   Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:13 pm

Are you sure you portforwarded it correctly? I don't think a program can really do that (I never used one so probably I'm just wrong), you can try going to What's My IP and put your IP in your address bar and try to portforward it, navigate through the menus etc, I just googled my router so it was really easy Wink My IP shows up as static in the router (somehow) but in fact it is dynamic and the server works fine.
Anyways, when you get to the thing to portforward, create a new name and put something random related to Impressive Title (so you know what is it) then put TCP/UCP as protocol (if this doesn't show up, then I'll explain you in a while); and put starting port 40000 and end port 40010.
If there is no TCP/UCP then pick TCP and put 4000, then create another TCP and put 40010; now UCP with 4000 and once again UCP 40010. If you didn't mess around with the solution and only modified the IP/DNS then it's fine, use these ports.
As for the firewall, don't disable it completely. Well, if after all this the server works with the firewall disabled; nice! Now try to enable the firewall and check if it works. If it does not, tell me so I can go to the next step.

Forgot to add: also check if you don't have localip.txt in the folder where the game.exe is
Back to top Go down
Revaen
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

PostSubject: Re: Others can't connect, but I can? (Solved)   Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:18 pm

ShadowBlade wrote:
Zflylexka wrote:

Your "Public IP" must be static as well too.
However, DNS Domain won't change, but if your IP is changing it won't connect and be hosted properly.

As well, you can connect because your computer is inside that local IP but other's aren't.
Back to top Go down
KetsuNika

PostSubject: Re: Others can't connect, but I can? (Solved)   Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:52 pm

Zflylexka wrote:
ShadowBlade wrote:
Zflylexka wrote:

Your "Public IP" must be static as well too.
However, DNS Domain won't change, but if your IP is changing it won't connect and be hosted properly.

As well, you can connect because your computer is inside that local IP but other's aren't.

Oops, sorry for extremely late reply. I've been busy and couldn't check out the responses for this thread. I will contact my internet service providers and ask them to make my public IP static. Let's hope it works!
Back to top Go down
KetsuNika

PostSubject: Re: Others can't connect, but I can? (Solved)   Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:59 pm

whinp wrote:
Are you sure you portforwarded it correctly? I don't think a program can really do that (I never used one so probably I'm just wrong), you can try going to What's My IP and put your IP in your address bar and try to portforward it, navigate through the menus etc, I just googled my router so it was really easy Wink My IP shows up as static in the router (somehow) but in fact it is dynamic and the server works fine.
Anyways, when you get to the thing to portforward, create a new name and put something random related to Impressive Title (so you know what is it) then put TCP/UCP as protocol (if this doesn't show up, then I'll explain you in a while); and put starting port 40000 and end port 40010.
If there is no TCP/UCP then pick TCP and put 4000, then create another TCP and put 40010; now UCP with 4000 and once again UCP 40010. If you didn't mess around with the solution and only modified the IP/DNS then it's fine, use these ports.
As for the firewall, don't disable it completely. Well, if after all this the server works with the firewall disabled; nice! Now try to enable the firewall and check if it works. If it does not, tell me so I can go to the next step.

Forgot to add: also check if you don't have localip.txt in the folder where the game.exe is

My router is much diffrent from everybody else's considering that it's a AirPort Extreme (Apple router) and works diffrently than all of the others, thus, I need the program to make changes to my router's settings.
As for the TCP/UCP, there was no such option but I did as you said and made four diffrent ports (2 TCP's and 2 UCP's).
And as for the firewall, I tried disabling it completely, and it didn't work, I then reenabled it and let the both the gameserver and loginserver through the firewall. Still didn't work.
Also, localip.txt is not in the folder where game.exe is, no.
Back to top Go down
whinp

Game username : whinp
Server : Last Moon, Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: Others can't connect, but I can? (Solved)   Sat Nov 15, 2014 5:39 pm

It's probably your router... cause if it didn't even work with the firewall disabled, yeah it's your router =\
Back to top Go down
KetsuNika

PostSubject: Re: Others can't connect, but I can? (Solved)   Sat Nov 15, 2014 7:31 pm

whinp wrote:
It's probably your router... cause if it didn't even work with the firewall disabled, yeah it's your router =\

Most likely, I made the public IP static and it still wouldn't work no matter what. Walp, that sucks then. ;-;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Others can't connect, but I can? (Solved)   

Back to top Go down

Others can't connect, but I can? (Solved)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support :: Solved Support Issues-
Jump to: