HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Looking to join a team? Well we're looking to hire you too!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Agree?
Agree
100%
 100% [ 17 ]
Disagree
0%
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

AuthorMessage
ShadoWolfozo

Game username : ShadoWolfozo
Server : GROWL: Spirits
Male Posts : 875

PostSubject: Looking to join a team? Well we're looking to hire you too!   Thu Oct 23, 2014 8:46 am

You know, there are as many people trying to get 'hired' on IT games as there are admins looking to hire people. But the problems is we always see "looking to hire", "wanted", "hiring" threads in the Got Skills? Looking for Talents? section and never any "looking for work", "available for hire", etc excluding the couple that are months (if not years) old, already in there.

Guys, if you're looking to get hired somewhere, make yourself known! Tell us your skills, what you're good at! Give us examples, flaunt your work! Get us to want to hire you!

Because lemme tell ya, being asked directly by an admin will mean one of two things; they looked through everyone else's posts with the same skills and decided to choose you. That means out of everyone else, you stood out. Or they are just super desperate looking for anyone (which you will always be able to work out by their message to you).

And if you don't want to work on a specific server? By all means you have the right to reject offers!

It'd just be a nice change from having to post wanted ads all the time than browsing through people who are available and more than likely have better skills than those who just jump on the bandwagon of the newest server's team.

Made the post hoping it might have some kind of impact and encourage people to make a portfolio post, but whether it does or not we will have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 380

PostSubject: Re: Looking to join a team? Well we're looking to hire you too!   Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:40 pm

If more people would actually read this thread... The "Got skills? Looking for talent?" section would be more properly utilized for just such reasons. As is, all these "looking to hire" posts pop up so often, it pushes true portfolios down over time and completely changes newer posters/users view of what the section is meant for. Bumping can only be done so few times to avoid spamming. The section needs a bit stronger moderation IMO (or at least be split into two sub-sections).
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

PostSubject: Re: Looking to join a team? Well we're looking to hire you too!   Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:54 am

I agree completely Hamilton- it's become more a home for people to just jump on the server owner (note that I did not say 'maker') bandwagon and then pester people on kito looking for others to do most of it for them while those of us who are actually putting effort into our projects lose potential game devs that, to put it bluntly, are wasting their time and skills on servers that we're never going to get anywhere.

And it's sad because I know there are very talented people in the community that just don't get noticed.
Back to top Go down
Slycan

Game username : Sly
Server : KITO
Female Posts : 1198

PostSubject: Re: Looking to join a team? Well we're looking to hire you too!   Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:21 pm

Sorry for the lack of moderation. We just need a good sweep up here and rearrange a few things. Redeye has been the only one moderating because I have unfortunately been avoiding KITO to spare myself sleep for double shifts and sleep. I am going to apologize for this and see what I can do to help make this a better situation for you all
Back to top Go down
RedEye
Retired

Game username : -redeye-
Server : KITO
Male Posts : 2578

PostSubject: Re: Looking to join a team? Well we're looking to hire you too!   Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:54 pm

Tried to split up "Got skills? Looking for talent?" and I am quite happy with the result.
Got skills? - For posting portfolios. See guideline when posting new topics. The forum is not intended for "Game moderator portfolios" but rather more artistic roles like riggers, animators, forum designers, graphical artists.
Looking for talent? - For posting staff the usual "looking for staff" threads.

Same rules about staffless hoarding applies to Looking for talent still applies.

No reason to be sorry about the lack of moderation my Fox. We're here on a voluntary basis because we like helping. If we stop liking this, then we need our breaks. I love you all, but really don't post like this: http://www.kitopen.com/t5p16-impressive-title-compile-architecture#24566 - that will get my attention.

PostSubject: Re: Looking to join a team? Well we're looking to hire you too!   Sun Oct 26, 2014 11:32 pm

Ah great job guys, hopefully this will do the trick Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking to join a team? Well we're looking to hire you too!   

Back to top Go down

Looking to join a team? Well we're looking to hire you too!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Server-Related-
Jump to: