HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Help with Blender Exporting? (FIXED! Thank you!!)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KetsuNika

Game username : xKetsuNikax
Server : Forging Zero {Private Server} <Owner>
Female Posts : 172

PostSubject: Help with Blender Exporting? (FIXED! Thank you!!)   Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:59 pm

So, i've gotten a linked NPC wolf model in blender finished, I exported a .xml skeleton and mesh file. How do I add animations to these? I mean, where can I find/add the default idle and running and attacking animations?

Last edited by ShadowBlade on Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:23 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
KetsuNika

PostSubject: Re: Help with Blender Exporting? (FIXED! Thank you!!)   Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:21 am

Bump?
Back to top Go down

Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Male Posts : 314

PostSubject: Re: Help with Blender Exporting? (FIXED! Thank you!!)   Sun Oct 19, 2014 2:17 am

These are in the body-Armature.skeleton.
Back to top Go down
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: Help with Blender Exporting? (FIXED! Thank you!!)   Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:40 pm

you don't need to bump threads here. esp not at a simple 2 hour time. there's no way this thread got even close to the bottom in that amount of time.(source: it's 12+ hours later and i found it at the top)

the animations have to be selected to export BEFORE you export the mesh. If you're working off the magix files, you have dozens of animations at your disposal. when you are about to export, take another look at the section just below the mesh selector. (ie: the top of the page) if this huge middle section -isn't- full of animations (which it might not IF you changed the name of the mesh), you can use the "add" button to select which animations you want to have exported in the skeleton file. you can either choose animations directly named what you're looking for (idle, attack1, run) or you can pick other animations and change the name the animation will export as via the text area on the right side of the animation frame length.

export as usual and convert for use in the game.
Back to top Go down
KetsuNika

PostSubject: Re: Help with Blender Exporting? (FIXED! Thank you!!)   Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:11 pm

Hamilton wrote:
you don't need to bump threads here. esp not at a simple 2 hour time. there's no way this thread got even close to the bottom in that amount of time.(source: it's 12+ hours later and i found it at the top)

the animations have to be selected to export BEFORE you export the mesh. If you're working off the magix files, you have dozens of animations at your disposal. when you are about to export, take another look at the section just below the mesh selector. (ie: the top of the page) if this huge middle section -isn't- full of animations (which it might not IF you changed the name of the mesh), you can use the "add" button to select which animations you want to have exported in the skeleton file. you can either choose animations directly named what you're looking for (idle, attack1, run) or you can pick other animations and change the name the animation will export as via the text area on the right side of the animation frame length.

export as usual and convert for use in the game.

I changed the mesh name and skeleton name yes but.. When I click the add button I don't see anything but to add meshes/curves/exe. I don't see any animation options?
Back to top Go down
Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Help with Blender Exporting? (FIXED! Thank you!!)   Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:49 pm

you're looking in the wrong window. this button is in the exporters window. which comes up when you are ready and want to export...

right hand side of screen. it didn't pick up my mouse, but the hover-text points it out very cleanly. (ie: that bright yellow box)

my window set-up may be different from yours, but the look of the exporter will remain the same for everyone.

also: sorry large image. peh, resizing...i am much too lazy for that sort of editing~ |3
Back to top Go down
KetsuNika

PostSubject: Re: Help with Blender Exporting? (FIXED! Thank you!!)   Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:11 pm

Hamilton wrote:
you're looking in the wrong window. this button is in the exporters window. which comes up when you are ready and want to export...

right hand side of screen. it didn't pick up my mouse, but the hover-text points it out very cleanly. (ie: that bright yellow box)

my window set-up may be different from yours, but the look of the exporter will remain the same for everyone.

also: sorry large image. peh, resizing...i am much too lazy for that sort of editing~ |3

Hmm, how do you open the exporting window? All I see is file>export>ogreXML, Nothing even remotely looking like the ogre window you have pops up?
Back to top Go down
Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Help with Blender Exporting? (FIXED! Thank you!!)   Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:51 pm

at the bottom, you can see it's set to scripts. next to that(left) is a tiny box with a snake in it. this tiny box is on every window, just with different icons for which mode the window is showing. click on it (in whatever window you wish) and select the scripts option. after this, click on the word "scripts" it is a button for another menu. from there, find the 'export' sub-menu and select the OGRE exporter from that list.
Back to top Go down
KetsuNika

PostSubject: Re: Help with Blender Exporting? (FIXED! Thank you!!)   Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:58 pm

Hamilton wrote:
at the bottom, you can see it's set to scripts. next to that(left) is a tiny box with a snake in it. this tiny box is on every window, just with different icons for which mode the window is showing. click on it (in whatever window you wish) and select the scripts option. after this, click on the word "scripts" it is a button for another menu. from there, find the 'export' sub-menu and select the OGRE exporter from that list.
I'm sorry but I don't see a box with a snake in it anywhere in my window, mind if I open a joinme so I can show you what it looks like/what i'm doing?
Back to top Go down
Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Help with Blender Exporting? (FIXED! Thank you!!)   Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:19 pm

Quote :
this tiny box is on every window, just with different icons for which mode the window is showing
Quote :
just with different icons for which mode the window is showing
Quote :
different icon

at this point, i'm inclined to suggest you look up tutorials for blender (as it is clear you haven't yet). when you understand the tools you have, it's easier to understand the work ahead of you.
Back to top Go down
KetsuNika

PostSubject: Re: Help with Blender Exporting? (FIXED! Thank you!!)   Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:12 pm

Hamilton wrote:
Quote :
this tiny box is on every window, just with different icons for which mode the window is showing
Quote :
just with different icons for which mode the window is showing
Quote :
different icon

at this point, i'm inclined to suggest you look up tutorials for blender (as it is clear you haven't yet). when you understand the tools you have, it's easier to understand the work ahead of you.

I've looked at tutorials for Blender but all of them tell me to go to the 'add-ons' menu because there is no 'scripts menu' in my version of Blender, that's why i'm having problems understanding because I have the latest version of Blender, how can I get the old version of Blender exactly? Because I have a feeling that this is impossible using the new version. ;;
Back to top Go down
Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Help with Blender Exporting? (FIXED! Thank you!!)   Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:19 pm

not impossible, just more difficult to explain since the two versions have a vastly different layout. (generally, mentioning the version you're working from at the start helps a great deal)

any-whoozer~

i've moved my tutorial over to KITO (after many lazy years of ignoring it) and replaced the blender download link so it goes to a site for older versions. (a site found with a simple google search...)

hammy's text-laden monster of a tutorial
Back to top Go down
KetsuNika

PostSubject: Re: Help with Blender Exporting? (FIXED! Thank you!!)   Wed Oct 22, 2014 12:23 am

Hamilton wrote:
not impossible, just more difficult to explain since the two versions have a vastly different layout. (generally, mentioning the version you're working from at the start helps a great deal)

any-whoozer~

i've moved my tutorial over to KITO (after many lazy years of ignoring it) and replaced the blender download link so it goes to a site for older versions. (a site found with a simple google search...)

hammy's text-laden monster of a tutorial

That is basically what I needed! Thank you so much Hammy! Also, sorry for not mentioning the version I was using from the beginning, it slipped my mind. ;;
Back to top Go down

Help with Blender Exporting? (FIXED! Thank you!!)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support :: Solved Support Issues-
Jump to: