HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Exporting new body parts with Kanu's run animation?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Male Posts : 314

PostSubject: Exporting new body parts with Kanu's run animation?   Mon Aug 18, 2014 4:41 am

Hello, everyone.

So, I have made some new manes for in-game use...however, these manes were export using the old running animation and the issue is that I am using Kanu's running animation(thanks, Kanu!).

So, I want to know if there's a metod for make my manes use the new running animation remplacing old one? 

This even includes for anoter body parts.

Or I need make my own running? since I believe I need access to certain data for the running animation by part of Kanu.

Extra: It's fine to export a body part without material?

Thank you. ´~´
-Lexka
Back to top Go down
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: Exporting new body parts with Kanu's run animation?   Mon Aug 18, 2014 3:34 pm

If you haven't changed any part of the rig, you can set the mesh to accept preexisting skeletons. Simply export the mesh as usual but before you convert it from xml, open it and scroll to the very bottom. There you will find the skeleton file it is set to use. Change this to match the corresponding skeleton that similar body-parts already use.  (such as "head1-armature" for heads made in Magix1, "head2-armature2" for heads made in Magix2, "mane2-armature" = magix1, "mane3-armature2" = magix2, "tail1-armature" = magix1, "tail2-armature2" = magix2, "tuft10" is used by all tufts but originates in magix2, and "body" is for all bodies and originates in magix1)

This is much easier than simply finding and replacing the run animation data inside the skeleton.xml file (though this method still works best for cramming new animations into existing skeletons).

All the material data for body-parts is handled by the "MagixMod.Material" files. It is unnecessary to export a material file with those types of mesh. So long as the material is set properly within blender. (heads have a habit of exporting their sub-mesh data flipped and you may end-up having to manually swap them around within the xml file)
Back to top Go down

Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Male Posts : 314

PostSubject: Re: Exporting new body parts with Kanu's run animation?   Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:06 am

Hamilton wrote:
If you haven't changed any part of the rig, you can set the mesh to accept preexisting skeletons. Simply export the mesh as usual but before you convert it from xml, open it and scroll to the very bottom. There you will find the skeleton file it is set to use. Change this to match the corresponding skeleton that similar body-parts already use.  (such as "head1-armature" for heads made in Magix1, "head2-armature2" for heads made in Magix2, "mane2-armature" = magix1, "mane3-armature2" = magix2, "tail1-armature" = magix1, "tail2-armature2" = magix2, "tuft10" is used by all tufts but originates in magix2, and "body" is for all bodies and originates in magix1)

This is much easier than simply finding and replacing the run animation data inside the skeleton.xml file (though this method still works best for cramming new animations into existing skeletons).

All the material data for body-parts is handled by the "MagixMod.Material" files. It is unnecessary to export a material file with those types of mesh. So long as the material is set properly within blender. (heads have a habit of exporting their sub-mesh data flipped and you may end-up having to manually swap them around within the xml file)

Thank you a lot Hamilton, this really helped me to understand the exporting and set up of these new things.

Cheers.
-Lexka
Back to top Go down

Exporting new body parts with Kanu's run animation?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support :: Solved Support Issues-
Jump to: