HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Will Sculptris meshes work as Items/anything else In-game?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gerce

Server : Impressive Preset
Female Posts : 25

PostSubject: Will Sculptris meshes work as Items/anything else In-game?   Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:47 am

Hello, I am just curious if I can use Sculptris to make meshes for IT as prey/pets, items, body parts, etc?

I'd really like to know since I'm no good at blender, and also I'm trying to develop content for another server.

Thanks! ^^
Back to top Go down
Tattoo

Game username : Tattoo
Female Posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: Will Sculptris meshes work as Items/anything else In-game?   Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:43 am

From what i read and heard you can make prey models and then use blender to animate them. But as for items and body parts, you need to use blender because you need to build off/ edit the original body parts to make new ones.
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

Game username : ShadoWolfozo
Server : GROWL: Spirits
Male Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: Will Sculptris meshes work as Items/anything else In-game?   Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:28 am

The only issue with using sculptris is that it can very easily make very high poly objects. IT games suffer severely when a lot of high-poly content is added, simply because the engine being used can't handle it.

That and what Tattoo said, you will need to bring everything (items, prey, player models) back to blender to animate them and export as Blender 2.49b is the only 3D software that can use the .mesh.xml exporter correctly. Likewise this is downgrading, so you may lose a lot of features you've added in sculptris, that Blender 2.49b doesn't have.

By all means go ahead, but you have been warned of the possible problems.
Back to top Go down
GlaciaTheWolf
®
®

Game username : Glacia, GlaciaIceWolf, GlaciaTheWolf
Server : DD (member) Wolf soul (member)
Female Posts : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Will Sculptris meshes work as Items/anything else In-game?   Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:36 pm

i use sculptris for prey. when you export it to a .obj file you need to decimate it (lower the poly) i usually try to keep the poly lower then 600 verticies, im thinking of making a tutorial on this
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Sculptris meshes work as Items/anything else In-game?   

Back to top Go down

Will Sculptris meshes work as Items/anything else In-game?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support :: Solved Support Issues-
Jump to: