HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Exporting to mesh bounds error (Solved)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
JBRWolf
Coder
Coder

Game username : JBRWolf
Male Posts : 19

PostSubject: Exporting to mesh bounds error (Solved)   Sun Jul 13, 2014 2:33 am

When exporting my item from blender to a . mesh file it successfully creates the files .skeleton.xlm,.skeleton, .mesh.xml, .material but not a .mesh file as seen below:

When going onto the mesh part of compiling it outputs this error:

Please help c:

Also here are my orge export settings:

Last edited by JBRWolf on Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RedEye
Retired

Game username : -redeye-
Server : KITO
Male Posts : 2575

PostSubject: Re: Exporting to mesh bounds error (Solved)   Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:18 am

screenshot what you're trying to export

Coder
Coder

PostSubject: Re: Exporting to mesh bounds error (Solved)   Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:52 am

(The bottom image is from blender 2.7, I made it in blender 2.7 then saved and opened it in blender 2.49 to export)
Back to top Go down
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 367

PostSubject: Re: Exporting to mesh bounds error (Solved)   Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:38 pm

Data can get eaten when transferring files from a newer Blender into an older Blender. Infact, I've come to expect it to always happen.

It appears you're mesh has lost all it's faces. The material and UV data may still be intact. Put the mesh to "edit mode" and select all verts. Use the "f" key to bring up the set faces menu and use the "auto" option. This will put the faces back.

Take a few moments to ensure your material and uv data was not skewed in the process. As well as weight-paint data. Then attempt to export again.

added after looking again: It also appears that the skeleton is not assigned to the mesh. This will cause the item to throw a "not animated" error in game.
Back to top Go down
JBRWolf
Coder
Coder

PostSubject: Re: Exporting to mesh bounds error (Solved)   Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:43 pm

Thanks, that fixed my original problem however now I get this error in game:
Back to top Go down
Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Exporting to mesh bounds error (Solved)   Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:24 pm

Hamilton wrote:
added after looking again: It also appears that the skeleton is not assigned to the mesh. This will cause the item to throw a "not animated" error in game.
Back to top Go down
JBRWolf
Coder
Coder

PostSubject: Re: Exporting to mesh bounds error (Solved)   Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:59 pm

The first time I did it, it did throw a not animated error but I think I've assigned it to the mesh now when I get the error above.However maybe i'm not doing it right? Could you link me to a tutorial perhaps? Here is what it looks like now anyway:
Back to top Go down
Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Exporting to mesh bounds error (Solved)   Mon Jul 14, 2014 5:41 pm

Back to top Go down
JBRWolf
Coder
Coder

PostSubject: Re: Exporting to mesh bounds error (Solved)   Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:22 am

Well I was following the main tutorial and I did search for my original problem however I wasn't quite sure what I was looking for, for the second problem I came across.

Anyway, it's working now, thank you very much Hamilton.

To anyone that has the same problem:
To fix the bounds error it was what is mentioned above, the faces were missing, however when I used f to fill the uv maps didn't export with it so I ended up exporting it as a .obj file out of the new version of blender and then importing it into the old version which fixed this problem.

Then for the second issue I had I found out after selecting set parent to armature I then had to click create from bone heat out of the 4 options. In addition to this I found out I had to name the armature to "skeleton" which then fixed my problem.

Once again I would like to thank Hamilton.
Back to top Go down

Exporting to mesh bounds error (Solved)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support :: Solved Support Issues-
Jump to: