HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Making Shards.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nuttybear

Game username : Nuttybear
Server : Miskai [Owner]
Female Posts : 60

PostSubject: Making Shards.   Wed Jul 02, 2014 2:52 am

I have been wanting to learn how to make shards/auras for a long time. Along with new flames and what not. If anyone could give me a tutorial on how, or help me with this that would be highly appreciated!
T'anks.<3
Back to top Go down
http://miskai.boards.net/
Hyper
Admin

Game username : Hyper
Server : Azoptaos
Male Posts : 477

PostSubject: Re: Making Shards.   Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:50 pm

Shards are particle files that are attached to a mesh. So to make shards, you need to create particles. Now you can either do this by hand in Notepad (hahahahaha) or you can use this program. Particle Editor is extremely easy to use and very helpful.

After you create a particle to your liking in the editor, you need to go into the files and find it. Go to data > particle_scripts. Find the particle you made, and move it to client > media > particle. THIS PART IS IMPORTANT: open up the particle with Notepad and add "particle_system" in front of the particle name. If you do not, the game will not be able to load it, and you will get an ogre.

After moving the particle, you also need to grab the texture you used to make the particle. Go back into the particle editor files and goto data > textures. Copy the texture used into media > particle. Then go back to the editor and data > material_scripts. Open the material file and find the mat for the texture you used. Either open a new .material file and save it in media > particle, or paste it in a current material file.

NOW, onto making it into an item. Go to media > models and find a current shard; I usually use blueshard.mesh. Copy and paste it, and rename it to something else. This will be the mesh you use in your item cfg. Open the cfg and use a current shard code. Lets say, blue shard:

Code:
blueshard;Blue Shard;Main;0;0;0;Blueaura;0 0 0;1

blueshard is the mesh name, and Blueaura is the particle name. NOT THE .PARTICLE FILE NAME. You need to go into the particle file and the particle name will be found after "particle_system." SO your line in the cfg will look like this:

Code:
meshname;Whatever Shard;Main;0;0;0;particlename;0 0 0;1

Go ingame and you should be able to spawn it! If you need anymore help, feel free to PM me.

Game username : Nuttybear
Server : Miskai [Owner]
Female Posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: Making Shards.   Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:12 am

Hyper wrote:
Shards are particle files that are attached to a mesh. So to make shards, you need to create particles. Now you can either do this by hand in Notepad (hahahahaha) or you can use this program. Particle Editor is extremely easy to use and very helpful.

After you create a particle to your liking in the editor, you need to go into the files and find it. Go to data > particle_scripts. Find the particle you made, and move it to client > media > particle. THIS PART IS IMPORTANT: open up the particle with Notepad and add "particle_system" in front of the particle name. If you do not, the game will not be able to load it, and you will get an ogre.

After moving the particle, you also need to grab the texture you used to make the particle. Go back into the particle editor files and goto data > textures. Copy the texture used into media > particle. Then go back to the editor and data > material_scripts. Open the material file and find the mat for the texture you used. Either open a new .material file and save it in media > particle, or paste it in a current material file.

NOW, onto making it into an item. Go to media > models and find a current shard; I usually use blueshard.mesh. Copy and paste it, and rename it to something else. This will be the mesh you use in your item cfg. Open the cfg and use a current shard code. Lets say, blue shard:

Code:
blueshard;Blue Shard;Main;0;0;0;Blueaura;0 0 0;1

blueshard is the mesh name, and Blueaura is the particle name. NOT THE .PARTICLE FILE NAME. You need to go into the particle file and the particle name will be found after "particle_system." SO your line in the cfg will look like this:

Code:
meshname;Whatever Shard;Main;0;0;0;particlename;0 0 0;1

Go ingame and you should be able to spawn it! If you need anymore help, feel free to PM me.
Oh my gawd, thank you /so/ much. c':
Back to top Go down
http://miskai.boards.net/

Making Shards.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Support :: Solved Support Issues-
Jump to: