HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Just a thought of mine..

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dead Account

Male Posts : 531

PostSubject: Just a thought of mine..   Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:21 am

I honestly have been thinking..

I've noticed a increase of people being power hungry for INGAME staff positions, and not interested one bit about the forum..
When I see people doing staff apps, all they want is "INGAME MOD" or "INGAME ADMIN".

Your opinion?
Back to top Go down
Komaeda Nagito
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Server : IE
Male Posts : 1320

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought of mine..   Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:39 am

Simply put, In-game offers more hence more popularity or "Fame" And when people cant make the staff spots they ditch the server and make their own. Spawning in-game and being able to do what the admins on the bigger servers do gives a sense of power. When you go on a server you really like or is really popular you wish you could be the one getting all the attention from the loyal members whom you reply with by spawning items or spawning prey. Due to this fact more and more people are leaving games to make their own decreasing the amount of players that could be in other games. This isn't just now happening either this is something that has always been around. Personally I would myself prefer a in-game position because its much more exciting to be in with the members and hanging out with them rather then on a forum posting text after text.

Not everyone wants the positon for fame or power there are people who want to actually help the community out by carrying out the daily tasks of kicking and banning misbehaving users. When the user sees they did not get accepted in the position they usually do one of these things

*Leave the server and look for another hiring or ask another game
*Make their own game
*Remain on the game and try to become staff through being active

Personally I think if people are only going on their to apply for positions they should remove their account afterwords.
Back to top Go down
Draak
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Game username : Draak
Female Posts : 681

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought of mine..   Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:50 am

It's sad and laughable.

Mostly because said posts/responses are made by people who would not be suited for the job.

That and I'm pretty sure those users have absolutely no idea what they'd be getting into.

What they think:
YAY I CAN SPAWN THINGS AND GET ITEMS IN AN INSTANT AND HAVE A FANCY AURA AND KICK PEOPLE AND BAN PEOPLE AND ANNOUNCE THINGS!!!!!!!111!!!!

What it's really like coming from a Mods perspective:
"No I can't spawn that for you", "No I won't spawn that animal for you stop asking", dealing with noobs, dealing with trolls, dealing with unruly people, trying to figure out what that suspected under 13 year old just said, WHAR IS DOWNLOD, chasing rulebreakers down, hunting for map editors/item farmers, WHAR IS DOWNLOD I CANT FIND IT :''''''CCCC, "I'M SO SAD I DONT HAVE A ZT HELMET.", dealing with drama.
Although it's not all bad because yeah you can have spawn parties, derp around with members with the other staff, drama/rulebreakers aren't present 24/7, organise events and other fun stuff, make people happy by helping them etc
My point is that, being game staff is a dirty job, it has ups and downs and not all people are cut out for it. The staff beggers and wannabes I dont think can see the "ugly" side to being a Mod or Admin and just want the glory of saying "I AM MOD/ADMIN LOOK AT ME"

It's not wrong for people to apply, and there probably are some genuine/decent potential staff out there but oh god most of the time when you see those "HIRE ME!!!!1" applications it's just no.
Back to top Go down
Komaeda Nagito
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Server : IE
Male Posts : 1320

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought of mine..   Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:05 am

Draak wrote:
It's sad and laughable.

Mostly because said posts/responses are made by people who would not be suited for the job.

That and I'm pretty sure those users have absolutely no idea what they'd be getting into.

What they think:
YAY I CAN SPAWN THINGS AND GET ITEMS IN AN INSTANT AND HAVE A FANCY AURA AND KICK PEOPLE AND BAN PEOPLE AND ANNOUNCE THINGS!!!!!!!111!!!!

"No I can't spawn that for you", "No I won't spawn that animal for you stop asking", dealing with noobs, dealing with trolls, dealing with unruly people, trying to figure out what that suspected under 13 year old just said, WHAR IS DOWNLOD, chasing rulebreakers down, hunting for map editors/item farmers, WHAR IS DOWNLOD I CANT FIND IT :''''''CCCC, "I'M SO SAD I DONT HAVE A ZT HELMET.", dealing with drama.
Although it's not all bad because yeah you can have spawn parties, derp around with members with the other staff, drama/rulebreakers aren't present 24/7, organise events and other fun stuff, make people happy by helping them etc
My point is that, being game staff is a dirty job, it has ups and downs and not all people are cut out for it. The staff beggers and wannabes I dont think can see the "ugly" side to being a Mod or Admin and just want the glory of saying "I AM MOD/ADMIN LOOK AT ME"

It's not wrong for people to apply, and there probably are some genuine/decent potential staff out there but oh god most of the time when you see those "HIRE ME!!!!1" applications it's just no.
Back to top Go down
Dead Account

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought of mine..   Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:01 pm

Death The Kid wrote:
Draak wrote:
It's sad and laughable.

What they think:

-Hands Draak and Nowe a cookie-

And yes, all they think from my perspective is that they get a cool aura, they can spawn stuff, they THINK they'll get a buttload of respect. NOT REALLY<3
Back to top Go down
Meadowstar

Game username : Meadowstar (or sometimes Meadowstar01)
Female Posts : 1167

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought of mine..   Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:42 pm

Mainly, people mostly want to be staff for the sake of power, as previously mentioned. Basically, they're going for the status symbol more than anything else. However, not everyone who makes a staff application has that intention. In fact, there are people out there who do it because they want to actually help the server grow. To help keep it safe. But unfortunately, I'm not seeing alot of that these days.

If people think that being staff is simply about just the powers it comes with, then they better think again. What people don't get is that being staff is ALOT more than just having the power to kick/ban people, spawn prey, teleport, etc. It also comes with having to deal with rule-breakers, hackers, drama, beggars, and many more things that would probably take awhile to list. 

Another thing is that a staff team is called a staff team for a reason. From what it looks like, another thing that people are starting to forget that if there's going to be a staff team, then a staff team should live up to it's name as well (AKA Teamwork!). If the staff are going to be left in the dark all the time, then what are the odds that your server is going to be successful? Very little to almost none. When you come to think about it, this is part of the reason alot of drama happens. 

Basically, my point is, is that being staff- or hell, even a leader of some sort- is not about the power. It's about the people themselves. No people = No server. And if it's a power-hungry, or a highly disorganized server, then what are the odds that the people would actually be happy to stay there? Think about it.
Back to top Go down
Dead Account

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought of mine..   Tue Aug 27, 2013 9:11 pm

Meadowstar wrote:
Mainly, people mostly want to be staff for the sake of power, as previously mentioned. Basically, they're going for the status symbol more than anything else. However, not everyone who makes a staff application has that intention. In fact, there are people out there who do it because they want to actually help the server grow. To help keep it safe. But unfortunately, I'm not seeing alot of that these days.

If people think that being staff is simply about just the powers it comes with, then they better think again. What people don't get is that being staff is ALOT more than just having the power to kick/ban people, spawn prey, teleport, etc. It also comes with having to deal with rule-breakers, hackers, drama, beggars, and many more things that would probably take awhile to list. 

Another thing is that a staff team is called a staff team for a reason. From what it looks like, another thing that people are starting to forget that if there's going to be a staff team, then a staff team should live up to it's name as well (AKA Teamwork!). If the staff are going to be left in the dark all the time, then what are the odds that your server is going to be successful? Very little to almost none. When you come to think about it, this is part of the reason alot of drama happens. 

Basically, my point is, is that being staff- or hell, even a leader of some sort- is not about the power. It's about the people themselves. No people = No server. And if it's a power-hungry, or a highly disorganized server, then what are the odds that the people would actually be happy to stay there? Think about it.

HUGS TO YOU MEADOW.. Y U GOTTA MAKE SO MUCH SENSE ;v;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a thought of mine..   

Back to top Go down

Just a thought of mine..
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Server-Related-
Jump to: