HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

I've been seeing this for too long...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Meadowstar

Game username : Meadowstar (or sometimes Meadowstar01)
Female Posts : 1167

PostSubject: I've been seeing this for too long...   Sun Jul 14, 2013 2:50 am

Alright, so through all this time that I've been here, I've noticed something.

Not everyone is like this, but honestly, why are people usually rude to the newbies?

If you come to think about it, they are actually the future of IT. How do you think that will go if they get treated like a nuisance, and if nobody helps them with the issues they have?

I know this might be an illogical thing to say, but I wonder if more of this drama is due to how other members are treated? If you are rude to someone, don't be surprised if they are actually rude to you back. Sometimes, some people might even take it seriously, you know?

This is what I'm trying to point out. I remember when I was still a newbie just a year ago. I'm sure we all were at one time. We all had to learn how to play the games, or about even how IT works in the first place. If people here don't get treated well, and if they don't get to learn, or get the help they need either, then what are the odds of IT actually progressing, or even having a good future in the first place?

And KITO is here for a reason, isn't it? It's sole purpose is to help those who are building their own IT servers. It's also to help those who are new to IT. And in that case, since it's actually the future of IT we're talking about here, why act like they're such nuisances in the first place? And without them, then there would be no IT. What makes up IT is not only the content, but the people themselves. 

What are ya'll's opinions on this?
Back to top Go down
Komaeda Nagito
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Server : IE
Male Posts : 1320

PostSubject: Re: I've been seeing this for too long...   Sun Jul 14, 2013 5:25 am

I agree with you on this the behavior of some of the KITO community members is rather ridiculous if you don't want to help someone you don't need to be a..pardon my french..a asshole to them and treat them like their stupid. We all have to start somewhere no?

Yes it would be nice for them to read the tutorials but it is not programmed into everyones brains to look in tutorials or past help threads.
Back to top Go down
Draak
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Game username : Draak
Female Posts : 681

PostSubject: Re: I've been seeing this for too long...   Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:29 am

It's not okay to be rude to newbies.

But when they don't read, and whatever it is they're asking about is easy to find then they get...annoying. And then on top of that if they don't listen. AND THEN if they go and make some kind of rant or something about how they can't do whatever...it just, it gets hard not to bluntly tell them to "if you actually read...blablabla"
Back to top Go down
Dead Account

Male Posts : 531

PostSubject: Re: I've been seeing this for too long...   Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:09 pm

I agree.

I mean, let's be nice to them and help them out.

They could turn out as a admin or a MOD later on, so help them and respect them (Even if they didn't turn into staff.)

I've seen people treat newbies like dogs, which is not right and I agree with you all.
Back to top Go down
Slycan

Game username : Sly
Server : KITO
Female Posts : 1198

PostSubject: Re: I've been seeing this for too long...   Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:12 am

This is an old statement but: newbs=/noobs
I haven't seen people be rude to new people often here myself as violations against the kito code of conduct is handled with warning and ban. People who come to kito expecting the community to bend over to help them make a game without having basic learning skills has nothing to do with them being new or not

Back to top Go down
Meadowstar

Game username : Meadowstar (or sometimes Meadowstar01)
Female Posts : 1167

PostSubject: Re: I've been seeing this for too long...   Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Most of the time, though, they are new. But I do agree on that part- Being new is somewhat irrelevant to that. However, that still does not give any of us the excuse to be rude to them. They may not know about the "staff herding" (or whatever it's called) rule at first, you know? I know it's not that hard to learn what it takes to make a server, but we still shouldn't disrespect them on that part. Some people learn differently than others. Some people have a harder time learning than others do. But should that stop them? Not really. The least we could do is at least give them advice on what they need to do instead of just being rude, which does not help them at all. 

You can't exactly just expect their server to be up and running right away. However, though, if people don't take heed of your advice or tutorials, then that's an entirely different story. But again, instead of saying something in a rude way, if they don't take heed of your advice or tutorials no matter how many times you have explained it clearly to them, then it might just be more polite to say something like "Sorry, but if you're gonna act this way, then it's harder for me to help you."

But whenever people hack or steal, then that's an entirely different story. But even then, it's probably best to talk it out with them first. If it turns out to be any case like with KOS or Impressive Lions, then that's when things get serious.

This is my opinion, and it may not be entirely correct.
Back to top Go down
Draak
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Game username : Draak
Female Posts : 681

PostSubject: Re: I've been seeing this for too long...   Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:22 am

I also want to add, just because someone is new/or you're new/etc that should not give them the excuse to suddenly not be able to read, find things or get special treatment.
Back to top Go down
Hexiin

Game username : Hexiin
Server : WE,SoE,LM,IS,ID
Female Posts : 50

PostSubject: Re: I've been seeing this for too long...   Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:05 am

hmmm on my first week of LM I was ignored by most people, does that count as rude? .-.
Or was it another server, I think it was LM.
Back to top Go down
Raging Gabyte

Server : Impressive Elements
Female Posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: I've been seeing this for too long...   Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:39 am

Hexiin wrote:
hmmm on my first week of LM I was ignored by most people, does that count as rude? .-.
Or was it another server, I think it was LM.

Ignoring someone is considered rude, but it's more of a courtesy thing rather than being a jerk--unless they're truly intending to piss you off.

A lot of people, including staff members, tend to ignore anyone that's being friendly, hostile, or just bothersome to avoid deep conversation, trouble, or just want to simply be left alone or didn't see your text at all.

Point being: I wouldn't get offended by it. Not a lot of people are socialites looking for a new friend or have the patience enough to help or teach someone a thing or two about the game. Though yes, they should be a bit more..."caring" as people like to call it, but the world isn't perfect. Besides, it's better than to be trolled by jerks just /because/ you're a newbie.

It also depends what you mean by "being ignored by most people" on that server.

Were you trying to make friends and did they ignore you? Or...were you asking them how to make your own server and were ignored then?

Or to make things awkward: Were you speaking in General chat (green text in chatbox)? Because people can't see your text unless they're on that channel. Switch to local chat if this was the case.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've been seeing this for too long...   

Back to top Go down

I've been seeing this for too long...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Server-Related-
Jump to: