HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Paying gig: seeking 24/7 reliable host [Updated]

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 373

PostSubject: Paying gig: seeking 24/7 reliable host [Updated]   Fri May 03, 2013 6:35 pm

Once again, Myatar Legends is in need of a host for our server. It is not an immediate need as there's still some character data related coding I need to do. However, I'd like to have the game back up by this summer.

What I'm seeking:

-24/7 dedication. Sever active all the time (crashes and downtime not included)
-friendly/patient (I can be a little timid lol)
-reliable (i'm not saying you need to be available 24/7...just more than once a week)
-Someone who's not gunna run off and play god when I'm not looking.

And that's pretty much it. No presets. No mapmaking. JUST hosting.

Why can't I do this myself?

-I don't own the router. I'm not going to mess with something that isn't mine
-I do not favor Hamatchi, and would like to avoid it at all costs.
-Even if I would do the above, my internet constraints mean the server would only be up for 5-10 hours a day, 6 days of the week...at MAXIMUM...and during non-peak times.

What do you get out of it?

Ideally, I'm looking to pay for the services provided. My budget is currently at a maximum of 5$ a month. This might change in the future.

I can also offer you my own services as fair-trade to your own. Animating critters, rigging/fashioning new body-parts, and easier code changes are my area of specialty.

I would prefer someone with past experience in server-hosting, but I wouldn't immediately turn down anyone new to server-hosting.
Age is pretty important to me. I am currently 29 years old. I just would not feel right working with someone under 17. It has nothing to do with maturity. If you don't want to tell me your age you DON'T have to.
If you've got it, a visual proof of your capabilities/experience or references would be nice but not a set-in-stone requirement.
All funds transferred though paypal. DA points are not an acceptable replacement for cash.
Back to top Go down
Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Paying gig: seeking 24/7 reliable host [Updated]   Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:47 pm

updated. Lost contact with previous server-host. Here's hoping there's someone who can fill those big shoes~

I'll add game information tomorrow. I started updating this way too close to 5pm.

short summary: lot's of customization, still a small player-base. theme undecided.
Back to top Go down
Hamilton

PostSubject: Re: Paying gig: seeking 24/7 reliable host [Updated]   Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:33 pm

About Myatar Legends. (hence-forth referred to as "ML" because I'm kinda lazy)

ML is a mostly solo project that was started in early 2012. It's original premiss was to create an environment that favored roleplay over the hunting/collecting side of Impressive Title. With the largest area of focus being creation.

Currently, ML boasts some of the widest amount of character creation of any other server.

3 male bodies
4 female bodies
22 heads
50 manes
25 tails
11 wings
31 tufts
42 markings
and new features
15 claws
7 whiskers
30 horns

pawpads can be custom colored
left eye vs right eye custom coloring
separation of the markings into 3 custom colors

and work-in-progress changes to come

second marking layer
full-body dress-up sets (style/type still undecided)

As well, ML has seen it's animation stock increased by nearly double. Has a more dynamic flying code. ML was also one of, if not the first server to be able to offer players a second run cycle and faster movement while using the stance-mode. (though was not online at it's inception)

ML was/is directly responsible for the multiple bodies source-code which was released to public download April 2012. Something a large number of servers have since used.

It's also got (albeit, rudimentary) pvp available in all maps.

The game itself was online and playable (when I wasn't fiddling with character data changes) from around winter 2013/2014 until sometime around new years this year in a map-limited beta mode. (I am not a fast map-maker...lol)

As of today, the forum has 1403 members. (though, admittedly, I haven't culled for potential double-accounts yet). I do not know, personally, how many players were signed up to the game itself before it was pulled. I do/did not have access to the server data. So the counts may be a little skewed. Over-all, I don't expect the player-counts to be too dramatic. It seems the lack of hunting/collecting does take some toll on overall attendance. lol

The Myatar Legends forum. Guest have access to information about the game and it's updates as well as screenshots.
The Myatar Legends Deviantart group page. A majority of the images were already posted to the forum, but you can find some unique player screenshots here.

0fucks were given to the nature of triple-posting
Back to top Go down
Arzulent
Texture Artist
Texture Artist

Game username : Arzulent
Server : Dragons Den (Member)
Female Posts : 73

PostSubject: Re: Paying gig: seeking 24/7 reliable host [Updated]   Wed Aug 05, 2015 12:49 pm

Are you still searching?
Back to top Go down

Paying gig: seeking 24/7 reliable host [Updated]
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Server Hosting-
Jump to: