HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Making threads to link to banned members content grants an automatic ban
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Free Test Host / server help

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
umos199

Game username : umos199
Male Posts : 32

PostSubject: Free Test Host / server help   Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:41 am

First topic message reminder :

{June 4th 2013 edit: My abilty to run servers is still able, however I do now have a job. So asuming that it holds i wont have as much free time, i can still do this free test hosting but it will be a slower prosses then before. }

~EDIT~
I know what your thinking, that this is too good to be true. And what's the catch?
Well I have a few empty/unused computers laying around and I figure why not run a game server. And don't ask the question of "do you have any server experience?" because ill say YES I DO!!! I can run a few different types of servers. IT and Minecraft are two examples of what I Run.

Anyway I can not offer a 24 hours 7 days a week server. Not really for any other reason as I do not want to damage my CPU. On my main system. ( Anyone that sais that you can run a Desktop/ laptop CPU for more than a day or so knows nothing)

However I am pondering the possibility of Running a Full time server with my older system. (that i do have two extra CPUs for) Weather its a IT server, or Another game server I don't know.

If your wondering why IM offering this. The answer is simply because IM bored and need to kill time. But there is one other thing. Because IM offering a free service,

If your Interested feel free to contact me. If your not looking for a host I can offer help and advice. Such on Logical/ reasinable rules, Form creating/ editing, and more. more or less if you have an issue feel free to ask.

:Note: I do not take orders from you and will not tolerate any one being rude or immature. So be kind, Its not asking for much.
~~EDIT!!!~~~

This offer extends to everyone!!

:Note: I do check my email throughout the day, when someone sends me something on here I automatically get a notification to my email, so I do replay within 24 hours (Maximum)

Last edited by umos199 on Wed Jun 05, 2013 3:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
umos199

PostSubject: Re: Free Test Host / server help   Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:25 pm

Fennec wrote:
Seems i'm going to need a test server soon. Wink

Sure thing
Back to top Go down
PoptartHunter

Game username : PoptartHunter
Server : Animal Kingdom
Male Posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Free Test Host / server help   Tue May 21, 2013 2:38 am

Could u host my server Windswept? XD
Back to top Go down
wolfgod101

Game username : WolfGod1396 or xHiro1396
Server : Gates of Skystead
Female Posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Free Test Host / server help   Fri May 24, 2013 1:53 am

Will you please host my server?
Back to top Go down
umos199

PostSubject: Re: Free Test Host / server help   Fri May 24, 2013 2:02 am

wolfgod101 wrote:
Will you please host my server?

I am a test host I usually dont hold any server longer than a week or two, but if that works for you then yes i can.
Back to top Go down
wolfgod101

Game username : WolfGod1396 or xHiro1396
Server : Gates of Skystead
Female Posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Free Test Host / server help   Mon May 27, 2013 12:36 am

Oh my router isnt strong enough lol nvm then XD
Back to top Go down
umos199

PostSubject: Re: Free Test Host / server help   Mon May 27, 2013 8:47 am

wolfgod101 wrote:
Oh my router isnt strong enough lol nvm then XD

IF im the one hosting your server than what does your router have to do with this?
that would come into play if you wanted to run your server yourself.
Back to top Go down
Ches

Game username : Ches
Server : none
Male Posts : 37

PostSubject: Re: Free Test Host / server help   Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:52 pm

Ooh.. i need help for porting a server of my friends *Admin on there* I was wondering if you can do mine because i HAVE no idea of making one.. heres the link of my server

http://demonheartsitserver.freeforums.net/

If you want to help heres my link ^^
Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™

Server : Dragon's Den
Male Posts : 731

PostSubject: Re: Free Test Host / server help   Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:34 am

Quote :
Anyway I can not offer a 24 hours 7 days a week server. Not really for any other reason as I do not want to damage my CPU. On my main system. ( Anyone that sais that you can run a Desktop/ laptop CPU for more than a day or so knows nothing)

Dragon's Den Server has been running for well over a year. Every day, 24X7.
It is a HP Compaq Laptop. An old Celereon Processor and 2GB of RAM.
There are on average over 1000 Player connections a day.
Peak traffic time there is between 40 & 50 players in game. (We are only small)
The CPU Usage sits on about 7 - 12%.
Other then its firewall and Antiviral programs there is nothing else except Windows7 running.
It has no extra cooling and every now and then I blow the dust out.
But as a qualified Electronics Engineer sadly I know nothing.
~Lazyzim~
Back to top Go down
ZombiePie

Game username : ZombiePie
Female Posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: Free Test Host / server help   Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:28 pm

We have are server working with all the files but we need a host so we can connect to each other and once we think it can go to the public or unless you would like to host it when it comes out
If I read that all right.. I'll have the head admin give you the down load link.

Here is the link to the forum-

http://impressivenight.proboards.com/

Thanks <3
Back to top Go down
umos199

PostSubject: Re: Free Test Host / server help   Sat Jul 13, 2013 4:57 pm

lazyzim wrote:
Quote :

Dragon's Den Server has been running for well over a year. Every day, 24X7.
It is a HP Compaq Laptop. An old Celereon Processor and 2GB of RAM.
There are on average over 1000 Player connections a day.
Peak traffic time there is between 40 & 50 players in game. (We are only small)
The CPU Usage sits on about 7 - 12%.
Other then its firewall and Antiviral programs there is nothing else except Windows7 running.
It has no extra cooling and every now and then I blow the dust out.
But as a qualified Electronics Engineer sadly I know nothing.
~Lazyzim~

There is a clear difference on how the CPU of a computer/lap is built. It is not meant to run more than a day or two tops.
A Server CPU such as the ones found on a server-rack are built to run sustained with little to no maintenance for up to or over a year.
In simple terms think of the desktop CPU as a CRT computer screen that will eventually burn a idle image into it. And the server CPU as a LCD screen which will not Burn an image into itself.

And to the extent to the damage of the computer running that long will be to little for anyone to detect over the short time its been running, but I do assure you that it is taking on damage little by little.
Back to top Go down
umos199

PostSubject: Re: Free Test Host / server help   Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:00 pm

ZombiePie wrote:
We have are server working with all the files but we need a host so we can connect to each other and once we think it can go to the public or unless you would like to host it when it comes out
If I read that all right.. I'll have the head admin give you the down load link.

Thanks <3

Sure I would love to help out, However im limatet to mostly weekends now. However im sure I can make time if you still want to try.
Back to top Go down
ZombiePie

Game username : ZombiePie
Female Posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: Free Test Host / server help   Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:42 pm

umos199 wrote:
ZombiePie wrote:

Thanks <3

Sure I would love to help out, However im limatet to mostly weekends now. However im sure I can make time if you still want to try.

Alrighty just make an account and I will PM the head admin shadow.
Back to top Go down
umos199

PostSubject: Re: Free Test Host / server help   Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:51 pm

ZombiePie wrote:
umos199 wrote:
ZombiePie wrote:

Thanks <3

Alrighty just make an account and I will PM the head admin shadow.

ok its made user is umos199
Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™

Server : Dragon's Den
Male Posts : 731

PostSubject: Re: Free Test Host / server help   Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:15 am

Quote :
There is a clear difference on how the CPU of a computer/lap is built. It is not meant to run more than a day or two tops.
A Server CPU such as the ones found on a server-rack are built to run sustained with little to no maintenance for up to or over a year.
No a rack mounted Server is just a computer built into a rack mount. It is made from the same common components but will include additional cooling fans as it is jammed into a rack with little natural air flow.

Quote :
In simple terms think of the desktop CPU as a CRT computer screen that will eventually burn a idle image into it. And the server CPU as a LCD screen which will not Burn an image into itself.

Nope analogy does not work. Phosphor burn of a CRT was due to the continual bombardment of electrons on the same spot over a long length of time. (Pre Graphical User Interface ie Windows) That is why screensavers were invented. Now they are just pretty as the original purpose no longer exists and has not since DOS based computers were superseded.

Quote :
And to the extent to the damage of the computer running that long will be to little for anyone to detect over the short time its been running, but I do assure you that it is taking on damage little by little.

Yes capacitors in power supplies and on motherboards as well as in any electronic circuit will eventually fail. As will most other components. But like a light bulb it is the initial power surge at turn on when it is more likely to fail. A light bulb will last it's advertised life if never turned off. It is the number of times it is turned off and on that shortens it's life.

Your turn Smile
~Lazyzim~
Back to top Go down
Ches

PostSubject: Re: Free Test Host / server help   Sat Aug 10, 2013 9:04 pm

If you are free to port forward a IT server, can you help mine?
Back to top Go down
umos199

PostSubject: Re: Free Test Host / server help   Sat Aug 10, 2013 11:16 pm

achlly i am going to make a full tut on youtube on how to portforword. (what you need to know, what is a port, and the achual prosses of it.) so if you or anyone you know wants to ask questions, ask now so i can add it to the vid.
Back to top Go down
Ches

PostSubject: Re: Free Test Host / server help   Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:02 am

Oh really? That sounds good to know! I don't know this on the website for portforward.com when it it's on the third question, it says "Server hotline" I don't know what that means?
Back to top Go down
KetsuNika

Game username : xKetsuNikax
Server : Forging Zero {Private Server} <Owner>
Female Posts : 172

PostSubject: Re: Free Test Host / server help   Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:57 pm

Are you hosting servers for free? Can you host me server? And what files do I give you for you to be able to host?
Back to top Go down
WarFang

Game username : WarFang
Server : N/A
Male Posts : 60

PostSubject: Re: Free Test Host / server help   Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:00 pm

Do you think you could maybe host my server while I test it? My portfoward is being ignorant and I would love to see if it atleast works...
Back to top Go down

Free Test Host / server help
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: SUPPORT :: Server Hosting-
Jump to: