HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Pesky animations

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 380

PostSubject: Pesky animations   Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:38 pm

I know not many servers have delved into the area of fixing and adding animations. I'll wager, at most, you've just got kanu's run animation and catbirds fixed tails. [the sex animations in the KITO test server don't count, it's a friggin TEST server]

But ML is focusing a LOT on fixing the old animations. Improving what can be improved. Omitting anything redundant. And adding a plethora of new actions and abilities in.

Which has led me into a snag.

The dance animations. I know these are generally enjoyed by all. They're fun, amusing, and over-all a good way to waste time. (or mock others lol).

But some of them. Okay, only one. Is too broken to fix. The buttswing. The hind legs are just...EVERYWHERE. and the front legs sink into the ground. Not to mention that gawd-aweful broken wrist thing it's go going on. It's just a mess.

And i don't know where to begin with fixing it.

It's gotten to the point, that I haven't made any progress at all because this one animation keeps mocking me. It's shameful, i know. But it's true u.u;

So I thought, maybe someone here knows the answer. Or maybe the collective will give me some idea on what to do.

What would you do in this situation?

Remove the one dance animation? Remove all of them?

Leave it broken and hope nobody gripes about it?

Fix it anyway, regardless of how monumentally difficult it is?

Explain your answer, please. Hammy doesn't understand simple yes and no answers.
Back to top Go down
Rusty

Game username : Rusty
Server : Impressive Elements/DerilectFactory(Private)
Female Posts : 88

PostSubject: Re: Pesky animations   Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:47 pm

I'd usually say, Leave it broken and hope nobody gripes about it, why? Well, people just use these animations for fun, and it's not usual that you will notice this anyway because people are usually mesmerised by the parties and actions anyway. If fixing it is going to be a really difficult thing to fix, then don't attempt to fix it because its fine as it is. Also, removing the dance animation/removing them all is actually to me a bit of an exaduration, I think the impressive title community wouldn't be impressed if something similar happens and it would actually cause an extreme downfall in people who play the game anyway. Like the third one, I would leave the animation completely. Its the back legs wrist that is distracting, but people don't seem to be bothered by it at all. I don't really see anyone bugging people about the animation of the butt-swing, your actions are your actions do what you want with the animation but in my opinion, leave it broken and hope nobody gripes about it is just the best thing to do for now.
Back to top Go down
RedEye
Retired

Game username : -redeye-
Server : KITO
Male Posts : 2578

PostSubject: Re: Pesky animations   Tue Jan 01, 2013 9:48 pm

I would remove the code from the game that replicates the animation names throughout all skeletons

™

Server : Dragon's Den
Male Posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Pesky animations   Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:31 pm

Hi Hamilton,

I would leave the animations that are there alone. Players have gotten used to their little quirkiness.

But how about adding some new animations to the game.

I have had requests on our forum about if anyone has tried to add RP suitable animations. eg dragging a broken leg or limping when injured. You get the idea. Although I think the biggest gripe is the fact that the wolf's head does not howl and we do not have a howl option instead of roar. Lion's gotta roar, wolves gotta howl!!!

Anyway that's my little bit of input.
Cheers and catch you ingame sometime.
~Lazyzim~
Back to top Go down
ObeyTheFist

™

Game username : ObeyTheFist
Female Posts : 514

PostSubject: Re: Pesky animations   Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:58 am

I'd leave the buttswing alone if the others were fine being fixed. People aren't really going to care about the one little thing as it is a 'just for fun' thing. Mostly. :/

I'd love to see these updated animations. <3 And yes, some new ones would be fantastic along with some new emotes. I would love to see a dodge/sidestep, limp and most definately a howl. ._. My wolves really need to stop roaring. XD

But yeah, if it's just the one animation, I'd leave it the way it is. People are used to it so I doubt you'll hear many, if any, complaints about it. A lot of people don't notice little details like that.

~Obey~
Back to top Go down
http://dragonsden.freeforums.net
Hamilton

Game username : Hamilton
Server : Myatar Legends // Dragon's Den
Female Posts : 380

PostSubject: Re: Pesky animations   Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:24 pm

Quote :
I would leave the animations that are there alone. Players have gotten used to their little quirkiness.

They're broken in more ways than just being the way kovu made them, though. Many (almost all) got broken when i shifted the skeleton onto a more correct looking model and removed unnecessary bones from the wings.

That being said, the difference between the old and new animations would be so glaringly obvious, it's just more....forward thinking...to update them to match qualities.

Quote :
But how about adding some new animations to the game.
Quote :
And adding a plethora of new actions and abilities in.

ML already has a huge number of new animations and expressions going into it. Once this hump has been passed :3

Quote :
People aren't really going to care about the one little thing as it is a 'just for fun' thing. Mostly. :/

It only takes one numb-skull to raise a stink. The better part of me would rather avoid that as much as possible.

Quote :
And yes, some new ones would be fantastic along with some new emotes.
Quote :
And adding a plethora of new actions and abilities in.

lol

Though limping and sidestepping are not planned. Nor do I think they ever will. Once you throw in limping on one leg, roleplayers want limping on a different leg. Or two legs. That's an un-ending cycle there. As for sidestepping: Aside from the animation, the hotkeys just don't have the space for it without dipping into two-handed keyboard play.

Canines will howl, though. And only howl (among other canine things). Finding call types for dragons will be interesting though...

oh right, i forgot i wanted to quote this too~~

Quote :
I'd love to see these updated animations.

Back to top Go down
lazyzim

™

Male Posts : 744

PostSubject: Re: Pesky animations   Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:55 am

Hmm interesting,

Then we were replying about a body/animation series that we haven't seen yet.

Well that makes it very hard then. Obey and I stared long and hard at the butt swing animation in our game before replying, trying to see what all the fuss was about.

Then I guess this is the same as your new heads and not up for general inclusion in our games.

However we are looking forward to seeing what you have done. The new heads looked awesome so I expect the new body and animation will also look great.

~Lazyzim~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pesky animations   

Back to top Go down

Pesky animations
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Server-Related-
Jump to: