HomePortalFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
Meet the new KITO admins & hear their plans here.
You can use google search to find threads and posts here now. Example

Share | 

Thanking Those who make Open Source stuff

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Komaeda Nagito
Very Helpful
Very Helpful

Server : IE
Male Posts : 1320

PostSubject: Thanking Those who make Open Source stuff   Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:13 am

I was on Skype with Shadow one of many people who post Lots of cool things for all the servers to use. One thing we noticed was how many downloads and how many servers use her things but, only like 5 people thanked her for them.

So remember if your using open source things to READ the rules they have about their content and respect it along with thanking them for taking time to provide you with something cool. Sorry if I forgot some people btw ill add em in if I get reminded

aka

Redeye

The reason most of you lazy people even have a server

Slycan

Made lots of cool mods to make game servers awesome worked her butt off on em. Trust me blender is not some simple program.

Hamilton

Made awesome Open source Items and even a very useful tutorial that's helped me and others learn about positioning items

Kinsmate

Worked very hard on making open items with Catbird

Catbird (She also fixed some of the tails I believe), made open source items.

Draak

Made a LOT of really epic textures like the dragons for people to use

Shadowolfozo

Made a Huge tutorial on how to make items in Blender and posted a lot of really radical things from guns to plushies.

*Edit

Nala_91

She made those textures for the NPCs and provided markings for the new bodies

It takes less then a minute to post so PLEASE start thanking these people for their hard work.
Back to top Go down
Torenok

Server : IW,Explorer Core
Male Posts : 29

PostSubject: Re: Thanking Those who make Open Source stuff   Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:32 am

All you guy deserve a big thank you for all the work you have done.
so from me

THANK YOU ALL
Back to top Go down
Ashbreeze

Game username : Ashbreeze
Server : DragonVale (Admin)
Female Posts : 30

PostSubject: Re: Thanking Those who make Open Source stuff   Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:13 am

Oh yes, thank you all very much. -salute-
Back to top Go down
ShadoWolfozo

Game username : ShadoWolfozo
Server : GROWL: Spirits
Male Posts : 875

PostSubject: Re: Thanking Those who make Open Source stuff   Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:54 pm

Oh mai, I haven't been here for a while...

Yes... it is unfortunate that those who deserve credit do not receive it - or do but only in the way that they know their stuff is being used.

But thank you Nowe Wink
And thank you everyone who has taken an interest in the items I've made and the tutorial I posted, even very little feedback, the download counts for each of my Item Packs says something Wink

A big round of applause goes to everyone on the list for their hard work in learning how to do what they do, the time they've given up - not to mention the money they've given up by making it all free for you guys! So a pat on the back for them is in order! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thanking Those who make Open Source stuff   

Back to top Go down

Thanking Those who make Open Source stuff
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Keeping I.T. Open :: GENERAL :: Discussion :: Server-Related-
Jump to: